Page 158 of 256 FirstFirst ... 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 3141 to 3160 of 5103

Thread: Mass Effect 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #3141
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    geth subm is pretty good but shoots everywhere, just unlocked the harpoon so im getting ready to try that

  2. #3142
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,948
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Krogan vanguard...omg...so broken lol, sat in front of a geth primes attacks on gold all day meleeing XD than charge when out of barrier for full refill

    Edit- They also haven't fixed the Biotic Charge Death Glitch also I noticed when playing my Human Vanguard

  3. #3143
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Bah, no new characters off premium, just the kishock and the geth smg... Someone please tell me the kishock is at least worth it? It seemed to have more damage than widow I, but with less weight.

    edit: description says it bleeds organic enemies and disrupts synthetics, don't know if that applies in game as well as lore

  4. #3144
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    I got Batarian Soldier, Asari Justicar, new AR and SMG and Drell Vanguard (somehow still didn't have it) out of 5 packs, aw yeah.

  5. #3145
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    In other news you're a fucking asshole Kiarax lol.

  6. #3146
    Chram
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    First premium spectre pack i had gave me an asari adept (hadn't gotten it yet) and the geth SMG.

    Second premium spectre pack gave me an asari adept again and geth SMG II. -.-

  7. #3147
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    my geth smg is now III and i got a black widow lol

  8. #3148
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Probably going to get all that before my goddamn Saber

  9. #3149
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Sniper Rifle Harpoon is utter shit. Like they should just remove it from the game entirely. If you don't charge it does meh damage and it curves (good luck with long range headshots) Charging takes about 3 seconds. They should have put the concept into a semi auto rapid fire harpoon assault rifle instead of this.

  10. #3150
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I have played a lot of multiplayer since launch (on PC for what it's worth) and I would say 90%+ of infiltrators on Gold use Widow, Black Widow or Valiant as their only weapon. The only Mantises (Mantii?) I saw this weekend when I was really binging on Gold were used by a Salarian Engineer and Asari Adept. I have no idea why are making it sound so outlandish to use a sniper rifle on infiltrator.
    I've explained like 6 times, because infiltrator along with engi have easily the most powerful abilities available for use on gold.

  11. #3151
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    Slott sorry for disconnecting! Some asshole thought it'd be nice to knock the power down in my neighborhood :/

  12. #3152
    Chram
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    So justicar is interesting, not sure if i like it more than normal adept though.

  13. #3153
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,238
    BG Level
    7

    Using the carnifex on SalEng, headshot spec. I wanted to give it another look, because a lot of people really like it. So I put on Barrel V and Scope V.

    Okay, I admit, if you're good at shooting heads the carnifex packs a pretty cool wallop. You'll basically never finish a game without the +20 Headshots award again. The trouble is the firing rate - body shots are worth nothing on gold, or next-to-nothing, and misses feel like a total waste of time - because they are.

    That said, If you liked Scoped Magnums and can either distract or paralyze enemies (like SalEng or Asaris), it packs a respectable punch as a main weapon, but felt unwieldly against up-close enemies.

    Tried it with Marksman - Kinda fun, but not nearly as weapon-changing as Phalanx/Marksman.

  14. #3154
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,288
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I use barrel and clip, I find it easier to get head shots without the scope. Scope just makes aiming too sensitive and a pain in the ass, at least for me. The gun has awesome accuracy so it's relatively easy to get consistent head shots from across the map even without a scope.

  15. #3155
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    So justicar is interesting, not sure if i like it more than normal adept though.
    Yeah I'm not really a fan. Specced it to hit enemies inside the bubble with Warp which is kind of a neat gimmick (can start or end combos), but even with that it still feels useless offensively unless you're fighting an Atlas that'll just sit inside the bubble. Most enjoyable way to play it is just... like a Drell Adept. I'd much rather take the latter for the delicious move speed and Cluster Grenades for finishing Biotic Explosions on tougher enemies. Using Bubble Shield to combo is often just too risky on Silver and Gold.

    The video led me to believe that you did more damage firing from within the bubble, if that was the case it would be 10x better, as it'd function as a great defensive and offensive boost at once, especially for objectives. But having to drop the bubble on enemies is dumb.

    On the other hand, Batarian Soldier is pretty fucking awesome. Kinda wish I specced range on Ballistic Blade since the range feels a lot shorter than I had hoped though. But the damage is pretty damn good and the explosion after you tag an enemy with it does a decent chunk (400 at base and it can hit nearby enemies). Surprisingly though, what I'm enjoying most is meleeing things lol. They have a badass Falcon Punch animation that makes heads explodes. You can straight up punch a Brute and his head will just disappear. Thinking of respeccing and going full melee just to dick around with it. Also Spike Armor is awesome, I've had (weakened) Phantoms sneak up behind me and kill themselves trying to melee lol, reflects 150% of damage when upgraded.

  16. #3156
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    The justicar should be spec in full damage reduction and shield regen, reason is simple cause you should be playing asari or drell for biotic explosion shit since they are superior at it. Batarian sentinel is pretty good support (don't use a single point in shockwave btw) but something feels off about him.

    Got the Geth infiltrator tonight too and wtf that shit is weird. Its very obvious they want you to equip a geth/claymore shotgun and rape everything and shit. Base melee tells you to never ever use it while the charge is a instant win button versus husk and shit you don't one shot. The dodge slide is pretty god tier too.

  17. #3157
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Decided to test out the Falcon sniper rifle on Batarian Solder and this thing is surprisingly awesome (though I was just soloing on Bronze). Batarian passive reduces weight on Shotguns and Snipers which gave me a reason to try it. Respecced the char for maxed melee damage too and I was just one shotting everything with the heavy punch (yeah yeah, I know it's Bronze). Ended up soloing the entire Bronze game easily. Final build was maxing everything with 0 points in Inferno Grenade with this setup, kinda sucks to lose them but oh well, wanted the Speed Reduction penalty on Blade Armor. Got range increase on Ballistic Blades and it's much better now, though I decided to try the Damage/Bleed Duration+50% upgrade instead of the delayed explosion and I kinda regret it, will swap next time I promote or get a respec card.

  18. #3158
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Yup tried out the Claymore on the geth infiltrator and its jesus mode on silver, by far the easiest (and funnest/headache inducing) character to farm credits with on that mode. No need for proximity mines. Finally unlocked the Geth shotfun and krogan sentinel as well.

  19. #3159
    29 in magical dog years
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Only good thing out of the packs is Geth Engineer. I got the Harpoon gun, only cool thing is that if you charge you can do quite a bit of damage (one shot ravagers). It doesn't zoom in very far and one shot clip, nothx. The new AR is pretty good with marksman but really needs a stable target, like Primes or Atlases, recoil is terrible and needs the stability attachment to not suck completely.

  20. #3160
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Using the harpoon gun when you're not host is a horrible experience, silly netcode. Not really a fan though, only cool part is it isn't subject to the shield/barrier gates, so it's possible to one shot things on Gold mode using it. None of the other snipers can do that afaik. I just can't bring myself to use any non-hitscan weapons though, such a pain in the ass at anything but close range due to netcode.

Page 158 of 256 FirstFirst ... 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect 2
    By Cydewinder in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3078
    Last Post: 2011-04-19, 00:59
  2. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03