Page 219 of 256 FirstFirst ... 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 ... LastLast
Results 4361 to 4380 of 5103

Thread: Mass Effect 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #4361
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Using caps and multiple exclamation marks always works.

  2. #4362
    SETTLE DOWN, DANZIG
    you canno see my sunglass

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ikarys Chevalier
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    Blog Entries
    1

    Precisely what I need to escape the realities of living in politically hostile America, a laughably ignorant conspiracy blog that uses caps and DEMANDS ACCOUNTABILITY

  3. #4363
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I am now done forever with multiplayer. I open up my Victory pack waiting to see what weapon upgrade I got this time. I got a level IV shield strength temp item. Fuck you I'm out.

  4. #4364
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,003
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Or wait for the Commendation pack to get a weapon?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    August 28, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Gold and Platinum Difficulties
    - Enemy shield/barrier damage gates on weapon damage reduced from 90% to 75%, which means
    25% of the remaining weapon damage will pass through to health.

    Medigel maximum capacity increased from 5 to 6 due to the success of Operation Alloy

    Falcon Assault Rifle
    - Encumbrance decreased from [2.0-1.4] to [1.75-1]

    Geth Pulse Rifle
    - Damage increased from [24.1-30.1] to [27.4-34.2]

    Hawk Missile Launcher Power
    - Rank 3 damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
    - Evolve 1 shield penalty reduction increased from 15% to 25%
    - Evolve 2 damage bonus increased from 30% to 40%
    - Evolve 3 missile refire time reduction increased from 25% to 35%
    - Evolve 5 damage of split missiles increased from 50% to 75%
    - Evolve 6 damage bonus increased from 100% to 150%
    The post mentions "We’ve been receiving a number of strange reports that are inconsistent with our knowledge of Reaper ground troop movement. At this point, intel is vague at best. Rest assured we are pursuing the matter." which seems a vague hint of another update i think. Also xbox also has the largest playerbase by a long way.

    Congratulations, Alloy was a big success. For those interested in numbers:
    PC: 67,573
    PS3: 28,398
    XBox: 166,778

    TOTAL: 262,749!

    Reward packs will be granted starting later today.

  5. #4365

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,224
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    i was able to figure out a few things for slayer, and now i'm having a blast with it and i'm doing much better. i'm still dying more than i do on soldier and infiltrator but not nearly as much as i previously did.

    and n7 shadow is a great class too. definitely my two favorite classes so far. too bad i couldn't play those kinds of jobs in the single player game.

    oh and i got an n7 crusader for my commendation pack. eh disappointing. i hardly ever use shotgun, for any class. i'm still hoping to land an n7 valiant eventually, it was by far my favorite sniper rifle in the single player game.

  6. #4366

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,326
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    For all the shit I gave Bioware about the ending, I am still purchasing and downloading Leviathan right now on day one without a preview/review of any kind. This is addiction.

  7. #4367

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,224
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    as i mentioned a number of pages back, personally i loved the ending, even before the extended cut. with one small exception the ending made perfect sense to me so i loved it, so the chance to add to the story yet another dimension is a no-brainer for me.

    but y'know whether you liked the ending or not, the trilogy was still an incredible experience. for the level of depth that the world they created had, i can't imagine anyone not wanting to delve into it even deeper.

  8. #4368
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Yeah. I loathe the ending, which kinda leaves a bad residue over the whole thing, but the Mass Effect universe is still really cool and I had fun with it right up until Earth. I'll be playing Leviathan at some point for sure.

  9. #4369
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Yeah. I loathe the ending, which kinda leaves a bad residue over the whole thing, but the Mass Effect universe is still really cool and I had fun with it right up until Earth. I'll be playing Leviathan at some point for sure.

    I agree with all of this. I am currently downloading Leviathan right now.

    I really hope Bioware decides to make another Mass Effect Trilogy at some point. Granted I dont know how that would work out. Creating a new threat to the galaxy would be kinda silly. Yay we beat the reapers! Oh no! The reapers were the only thing keeping the Gargaflex at bay! We need a new super weapon!

    I dunno. All I know is that I love the Mass Effect universe and I want more out of it.

    Edit: I suppose they could do a prequel of the First Contact war with the Turians or something or Andersons shit with Saren.

  10. #4370
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    504
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mots View Post
    I agree with all of this. I am currently downloading Leviathan right now.

    I really hope Bioware decides to make another Mass Effect Trilogy at some point. Granted I dont know how that would work out. Creating a new threat to the galaxy would be kinda silly. Yay we beat the reapers! Oh no! The reapers were the only thing keeping the Gargaflex at bay! We need a new super weapon!

    I dunno. All I know is that I love the Mass Effect universe and I want more out of it.

    Edit: I suppose they could do a prequel of the First Contact war with the Turians or something or Andersons shit with Saren.
    or they could just do something on a smaller scale, not all games have to be saving the universe

  11. #4371
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    I think Mass Effect would make a good universe for an MMO, but given how TOR turned out I'd rather Bioware not do that.

    They could easily do a whole range of games based on various special-forces squads or something like that. They could expand on the war against the Reapers, too. I mean, in ME3 you really don't see much actual combat, or have a sense of the passage of time. The war could span a few years and we wouldn't really know. They say outright that at the current rate of depopulation, Earth would be wiped out in like a decade, so they're restricted somewhat in how long it could be, but that's still a pretty huge window to work with, especially since you have infinite planets to work with. Plus, idk about you guys, but I find it hard to believe that the Crucible was built in a week (rough guess of how long it took me to complete the game).

  12. #4372
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    It would be cool if they told the story of the original discovery of the relays/Citadel and the first contact war. Rachni war would be cool too.

  13. #4373
    the elephant whisperer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,677
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I imagine we'll see what happens either post ending or far future sometime next. They did such a great job of creating a compelling universe and backstory for each of the races/planets, it would be a shame to leave it alone.

  14. #4374
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Leviathan wasnt really worth the money. At least not for me. I would have been better off just watching a lets play on youtube. Its short and doesnt add much of anything other than it gives you some backstory on the Reapers.

  15. #4375
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,003
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Rachni war would be cool too.
    I want to be the Krogan in the joke with the Salarian

  16. #4376

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,326
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    It was an ok DLC. No earth shattering plot twists or anything, unless this is your first playthrough and you haven't seen the ending yet, but if you've already completed the game this isn't much more than some back story on the origins of the Reapers. There are 3 "levels" where there is little exploration and mostly fighting Reapers, but the level design is well done, particularly the second area which has you climbing around a crumbling cliff-side facility that is in the middle of a bombardment from a shitload of Harvesters. The galaxy map also opens up a few more systems for you to explore and collect a few extra war assets, I think I counted around 7? I really, really like the fact that you do get fully voiced dialogue from all your squadmates, instead of them standing around silently like they did in ME2 DLC. I'm guessing they recorded all the dialogue at the same time as the extended cut was being made. You also do get a few new attachments which are pretty badass, like an omniblade bayonet (!) for your assault rifles.

    TL;DR version: Okay purchase for the super fan, for the not super fan I'd wait until it goes on sale for $5 instead of $10.

  17. #4377
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    It was an ok DLC. TL;DR version: Okay purchase for the super fan, for the not super fan I'd wait until it goes on sale for $5 instead of $10.
    I agree with your assessment. I actually haven't finished the game yet, so some of the plot twists were new. I really wish I'd had subtitles on for the whole last conversation, though, it was a little hard to understand at times. The level designs were very cool, but I was disappointed there wasn't some fighting in the last "area." Seemed a little anti-climactic. It was pretty short, though, took me about 3 hours to do the whole thing, probably not a $10 DLC, more like $5, unless there's some multiplayer stuff I haven't seen. If you're the type that gets pissed off at paying for short DLC, this is not the DLC for you.

  18. #4378
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Probably was more of a $5 DLC duration-wise but I really enjoyed the content, especially because it covered pretty vital backstory.

  19. #4379
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished replaying through ME1 and 2 and blasted through 3 in a matter of days. The scope of everything in the game was really amazing, hell I found myself staring at Palaven during the moon mission every other minute while going through that stage.

    But how the FUCK do you end things like that? Hell, even with the extended cut to the endings, they still all suck. Just a shitty way to end the series, where all three choices (well 4 I guess if you decide to reject it... that one was actually my favorite) didn't really make sense when you look at the greater scope of things and at Shepard's character throughout the trilogy.

    Oh and then they leave you with a message of "hey guyz, buy DLC"... really?

    I just had to vent lol.

    ninja edit: fuck those Banshees, they're impossible to take down quickly. >.<

  20. #4380
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    First Contact War could make for a very interesting game. But I most likely will not be purchasing anything from Bioware for a long time if ever. They have damaged their reputation in my eyes beyond repair.

Page 219 of 256 FirstFirst ... 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect 2
    By Cydewinder in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3078
    Last Post: 2011-04-19, 00:59
  2. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03