Page 225 of 256 FirstFirst ... 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast
Results 4481 to 4500 of 5103

Thread: Mass Effect 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #4481
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,483
    BG Level
    7

    Got Volus adept last night. I've got flu so I sound like one. It's very support-y. Not sure how to play it. I definitely feel the game's gotten harder, but I welcome that - it was getting a bit stale.

  2. #4482
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I also want to think that the game has gotten harder but its difficult to tell if its that or just crappy teammates....

  3. #4483
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Cerberus dragoons can catch you off guard with how aggressive they are.

  4. #4484
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,003
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Liking the fire/cryo explosion changes, was setting up plenty spamming grenades as batarian. Didn't play much last night but from the few rounds i did it was cool. Collectors seem well done, seeker swarms can be evasive when you only have a single shot gun like claymore and a praetorian can sometimes catch you but like people said, a bit more difficulty is nothing bad.

  5. #4485
    SETTLE DOWN, DANZIG
    you canno see my sunglass

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ikarys Chevalier
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    Blog Entries
    1

    The new units (Dragoon, Bomber) and the Collectors as a whole are more "rush"-y, it seems.

    As for collectors, they are just a good new challenge. Possessed abominations blowing up, swarms killing cooldown time, and... well, pretty much everything about Praetorians. If a group doesn't coordinate attacks, collectors can overwhelm you pretty easily.

  6. #4486
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,856
    BG Level
    10

    So I never got this game when it came out, but thinking about getting it tonight. Did they ever like, add an ending or would it be better to just skip/wait?

  7. #4487
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,672
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    The extended the three pre-canned endings that really have no differences based on the choices you made. So the endings are still garbage and they're not updating them further.

  8. #4488
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So I never got this game when it came out, but thinking about getting it tonight. Did they ever like, add an ending or would it be better to just skip/wait?
    They added an extended ending but it doesn't really address the original issue. However, the entire single player game is still excellent and the multiplayer is great.

    It is definitely harder than it was, just took 24 mins with a good group to take down geth on FBW (silver), then 26 mins for collectors on the new FB dagger (which I love, it's spooky as hell).

  9. #4489
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I didn't notice any real increase in the time it took to finish a round, at least on Gold. Usually it's between 23 - 26 minutes. The few games I've done now that things have been changed up it's been around 25 minutes or so.

  10. #4490
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Maybe it's just because of the extra space in the new FBW, but it seemed like a group that normally would have finished silver in 18-20 mins.

    N7 Sentinel was already one of my favorite classes, but it's that much better now with the cryo explosion change.

  11. #4491
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Played Krogan soldier today, it was a lot more fun using incinerate grenades then following up with carnage for fire explosions everywhere. I kinda wish they bought over this change to single player since it opens up way more play styles and power mixing but shepard + friends are already strong enough. I fell in love with the raider shotgun and the collector rifle. I also saw my first banner on ps3, biotic god volus, I NEED ONE.

  12. #4492
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/12/t...-omega-begins/

    http://blog.bioware.com/wp-content/u...k-1024x576.jpg

    Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) – Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).

    $14.99, 1200 MS/BW Points

    NOPE.

  13. #4493
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,483
    BG Level
    7

    After the multiplayer update, I'm still in a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" mood with Bioware. Got Turian Ghost and Volus engineer today, most satisfied. Love the jetpack dodge, really zips around the map.

  14. #4494
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    The last DLC I paid alot for was dawnguard and I felt very underwhelmed because of the price, I'll wait for this to go on sale.

  15. #4495
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Didn't buy Leviathan. Not buying Omega. Bioware gets no more of my money.

  16. #4496
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Didn't buy Leviathan. Not buying Omega. Bioware gets no more of my money.
    Pretty much this. I still really enjoy Multiplayer but after the way ME3 ended I just don't care about more story filler.

  17. #4497
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    614
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Yeah I just can't stomach buying story DLC for a game that tossed it's story aspect down the shitter. I admit I bought about 10 bucks worth of multiplayer packs just to show my approval for how they handled the multiplayer so far. Half assing the ending and expecting to fix it with DLC just isn't going to fly in my book. I totally bought all the mass effect 2 DLC, but it was good and I wasn't let down at all by the standard game.

  18. #4498
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    personally I'm just ignoring the ending because all of the dlc takes place during the game as it did in the previous games

  19. #4499
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Pretty much this. I still really enjoy Multiplayer but after the way ME3 ended I just don't care about more story filler.
    You realize multiplayer is directly responsible for the shitty story right?
    By buying multiplayer DLC you're encouraging Bioware to keep ruining the plots of their supposedly SP games by focusing on a MP mode nobody asked for.

  20. #4500
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,482
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    I still haven't finished the game, yet. I'm at that last possible point before you can do nothing else, so I'm waiting for all the story DLC to drop, then I'll pick it up when it eventually gets discounted, then I'll get around to finishing the game.

Page 225 of 256 FirstFirst ... 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect 2
    By Cydewinder in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3078
    Last Post: 2011-04-19, 00:59
  2. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03