Page 33 of 256 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 5103

Thread: Mass Effect 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #641
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Nothing is more annoying than a major corporation arriving at the party late, then milking the shit out of whatever is left. EA is going to be riding the long-since-tired DLC train for years to come.

  2. #642
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    as long as players keep buying tickets...

  3. #643
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,672
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    The amount of nerd rage will be insurmountable if the weapons / equips / characters you need to spend $200+ for are way better than what you can obtain in game. I'm guessing it might be that some races will have class restrictions and the new characters will lift those restrictions. Either that or the new characters / weapons / equips will be coupons to download already available stuff for "free" as a reward for supporting ME swag.

    I'm already at my wit's end with EA as a company and that the above is the only way they'll be able to pull out of their downward spiral in my books especially since the codes in the figures are randomized. It's just going to suck when people get codes for stuff they already obtained.

  4. #644
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,821
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    And this is why this will be a day 1 pirate for many people.

  5. #645
    the elephant whisperer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,677
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Easy way to solve that problem...only buy the DLC that has content you want. I've never purchased any DLC that wasn't an extra storyline/character+story in any Bioware game. All the other junk is just fluff anyways. If people are discerning about what they spend money on, they'll realize those packs don't sell well enough to waste time on. If enough people buy them to justify them existing, and you don't buy them, then why should you give a shit? You aren't missing anything, they got what they wanted, the dev/publisher got more money to make more games you like...everyone wins.

  6. #646
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by noblemountain View Post
    Easy way to solve that problem...only buy the DLC that has content you want. I've never purchased any DLC that wasn't an extra storyline/character+story in any Bioware game. All the other junk is just fluff anyways. If people are discerning about what they spend money on, they'll realize those packs don't sell well enough to waste time on. If enough people buy them to justify them existing, and you don't buy them, then why should you give a shit? You aren't missing anything, they got what they wanted, the dev/publisher got more money to make more games you like...everyone wins.
    This is what I've said all along. But when it's DLC exclusive to purchasing a product and not attainable through other means, that's where it starts to get gray.

  7. #647
    the elephant whisperer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,677
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I didn't read anywhere that said that though...this is saying that some action figures will include DLC codes for various things...doesn't say they're exclusive to the figures. I read it as a bonus for buying their figurines.

  8. #648
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Spoiler: show



  9. #649
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Spoiler: show
    What the hell

    edit: isn't the prothean a bit of a spoiler?

  10. #650
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Also the 2nd image as well. Big spoilers. Thanks a lot!

  11. #651
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    I'm not saying that you've spoiled it psychoticgustofwind (well, technically you did), but what i was saying was, why would they release images like that?
    Spoiler: show
    It just seems to me what the protheans really look like should have been some sort of big reveal moment in game.

  12. #652
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Okay, changed my mind.
    Spoiler: show

    "Pirating just to see how it ends" -----> "pirating just to see Joker's reaction to cylon EDI"

  13. #653
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    It's Bioware you're talking about. They don't really seem to care since their biodrones eat up everything.

  14. #654
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    This is the first time i'm genuinely bummed about something like this. I would have loved to see that shit in game first.
    Spoiler: show
    I would have been like: "WHAT, a real live prothean?!"
    . It just won't pack the same punch now.

  15. #655
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    This is the first time i'm genuinely bummed about something like this. I would have loved to see that shit in game first. I would have been like: "WHAT, a real live prothean?!". It just won't pack the same punch now.
    Agreed.
    Spoiler: show
    Along with the EDI thing. was honestly not expecting anything like that.
    I mean it's not THAT big of a deal, just kind of annoying.

  16. #656
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    also
    Spoiler: show


  17. #657
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    about spoilers:
    Spoiler: show
    sorta gleaned those two were the other party members from chit chat on BSN when I was bored and browsing there. About the prothean though, he looks too Collector like to me. Unless I am remembering all the statues from ME1 incorrectly...

  18. #658
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,821
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Ugh thanks for talking about the spoiler pics without spoilers so people can see what its about even without seeing the pics -_-

  19. #659
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    about spoilers:
    Spoiler: show
    sorta gleaned those two were the other party members from chit chat on BSN when I was bored and browsing there. About the prothean though, he looks too Collector like to me. Unless I am remembering all the statues from ME1 incorrectly...
    Spoiler: show
    That's cause the Collector's are Protheans >_>

  20. #660
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,392
    BG Level
    10

    well quit fucking talking about it

Page 33 of 256 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect 2
    By Cydewinder in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3078
    Last Post: 2011-04-19, 00:59
  2. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03