1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 10 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 115
  1. #81
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    423
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    As far as party exp outside of leves, I wish it was improved but with the current mechanics and leve exp I'm actually having fun unlike before. I fuckin hated grinding for 10 hours in XI.
    Exactly, I don't understand why people are so stuck on grinding. I think it's pretty obvious SE doesn't think SP is broken, so it's not going to be "fixed." Just as how in XI solo EXP was terrible enough to force you to group, in XIV, grinding SP is terrible enough to force you to do leves/behest.

  2. #82
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    79
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    I was going to comment on that, but just gave up. 99% of player base is at rank 50 yeah right. Quick search on ffxivpro will show at the very most 25%, and thats a stretch. Hell I'm the second highest rank in my LS of 130ish members and I'm only 36 lol, most of the members are 25ish.
    given the context it was most certainly sarcasm, or am I missing out on some inside joke where we are supposed to take sarcastic comments literally for fun.

  3. #83
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    719
    BG Level
    5

    they were all wooshed pingpong. happens when people start at post X instead of post X-n.

  4. #84
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by blythe View Post
    Exactly, I don't understand why people are so stuck on grinding. I think it's pretty obvious SE doesn't think SP is broken, so it's not going to be "fixed." Just as how in XI solo EXP was terrible enough to force you to group, in XIV, grinding SP is terrible enough to force you to do leves/behest.
    Yeah and as it was pointed out before, surplus and high TNL 31+ is there probably because the content is lacking. Once they release content they will most likely adjust SP so that people can get to the content faster.
    Sure lvl 40+ it's gonna take me long time to level up but what is the rush to get 50 when there is no content. Besides I've seen games that are way more grind than this game, in XI it took me almost a year to get my 1st job to 75. Currently I have couple people in the LS that have 2 jobs at 50 and plenty others that have 1 and were 2 months into release?

  5. #85
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It was obviously sarcasm guys... try to read the whole thing before jumping to conclusions <.<

  6. #86
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I usually don't care about going back to look at the original post a quote was taken from just to be 100% sure of the intended context. Sorry chap!

  7. #87
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    547
    BG Level
    5

    Well, be prepared to spend a lot of time looking stupid.

  8. #88

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    No new area? quest? instanced dungeon? level cap?
    What the fuck is this shit, new areas/level caps lol. Go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Ok late but here are my examples.
    These aren't the patch notes, may be a good idea to wait for those. And they said 2 patches in december, and the list you're quoting from just said 'december'. Figure it out.

  9. #89
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    469
    BG Level
    4

    The second patch this month was JUST mentioned a few days ago. Before then we were just getting the one this month then in March. Their wording made it sound like the second was an extra patch not a make-up one. Figure that out pal.

    Either way whatever it's not like anyone around here can just let shit be said. Have to argue against anything just for some e-peen. I have a right to my opinions.

    Oh and I hope I'm right and all the shit I'm disappointed that was supposed to be there doesn't show up so I can go "AH HA WHAT NOW FAGGOTS!" and others can reply "Whatever man there's another patch noob." Because that's exactly how it will play out.

  10. #90
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    473
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    There were never dates announced for the original December patch. Maybe this patch is just a few things they through together and can release now and is the new patch and the one later this month will be the originally planned December patch? Nothing says the one that we knew about a month ago has to be the first one released this month.

  11. #91
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    469
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    There were never dates announced for the original December patch. Maybe this patch is just a few things they through together and can release now and is the new patch and the one later this month will be the originally planned December patch? Nothing says the one that we knew about a month ago has to be the first one released this month.
    You may be right, you may be wrong. I personally am holding them to their original word about it being mid-december patch. Perhaps it's my own fault for taking their word fairly literally. Either way we'll see what happens. I hope I'm wrong and a lot of stuff shows up unannounced or at least is in the next patch in a few weeks. Could be worse: this could have been it til March as originally planned lol.

  12. #92
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Where the hell are people getting this "no update till march" shit? Lol. Those people haven't said one word. Like always we have mini developers that are secretly working for square on the low or just a bunch of tards trying to turn speculation into fact.

  13. #93
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    There supposed to be patches every month...Every was assuming that the big patch would be in March because of the PS3 release...

  14. #94
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Well, maybe people will shut up about this mystery March update now that the PS3 release date has gone out the window.

  15. #95
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    I herd there will be mystery June update is dis tru??

  16. #96
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    469
    BG Level
    4

    The devs themselves said either on lodestone or one of the interviews that with the December update they were planning a 3-month update schedule.

    Ok I found it. They just initially planned a 3-month update period. Only recently with the new team did they decide to go monthly.

    GW: What are your plans for expansions after official service starts?
    DK: We’ll probably have a major patch once every three months. I expect there will be a mountain’s worth of emergency updates right after release, though, so we’ll see. The pacing of expansions will probably be similar to that of FFXI.
    http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/18897...ng-the-future/

    Reading these old pre and early launch interviews is interesting. The change in attitude and outlook from then til now is quite dramatic.

    Also we were supposed to get Companies this month. Wonder if that's still going to happen?

  17. #97
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I don't think we should pay too much information to that now. Right now they need to shell out as much as they can asap

  18. #98
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    469
    BG Level
    4

    Agreed. I just wanted to show there was basis for my statement and wasn't making things up. 7PM (or later depending on delays) can't come soon enough.

  19. #99
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Also we were supposed to get Companies this month. Wonder if that's still going to happen?
    I.. don't think we were. It was a fuck-up on their part. I think they had said it once somewhere, but everything else points otherwise.

    The first version update of 2011 will introduce what are known as "companies," a special type of linkshell with more group-oriented progression and goals.

    It's too bad that they missed the original timeline by few weeks on some of this stuff, but depending on how much extra shit we may get (like in the Nov. patch) that should be alright.

    Anyway,

    I personally am holding them to their original word about it being mid-december patch.
    Content promised for the Mid December patch:

    Addition of notorious monsters
    Addition of new guildleves
    Addition of new synthesis recipes
    Addition of new items

    The rest is promised for the November & December patches. Hehheh.

  20. #100
    Souljacker
    Guest

    Well I didn't expect them to be able to deliver on the promises when they announced that the team has been restructured. At least they are pushing back the Ps3 release (and some part of me thinks they should just dump it entirely) and not just doing another money-grab.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Late-December Version Update (12/20/2010)
    By sruon in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2010-12-21, 17:09
  2. Late-December Version Update (12/20/2010)
    By ZarakiKujata in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2010-12-20, 08:48
  3. FINAL FANASY XIV, Version Update (Oct 15, 2010)
    By Crizto in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2010-10-20, 01:00