When the sixth sun sets and the seventh moon rises guys!
When the sixth sun sets and the seventh moon rises guys!
Honestly was expecting just SOMETHING. Even a "known bugs/issues" page would have been great so at least we know what they know. You know, that whole communication thing that they want to get good at?
I'm sure we'll see SOMETHING tomorrow, else this is pretty much dead game ->
That said I'll be surprised if it is anything more than showing the poll results or mentioning them along with a "These results will help a great deal in forging the future of Eorzea! We have a lot of exciting plans for this year. Please look forward to them!"
Sadly you're probably right. Just a show of the poll and to look forward to the NEXT news update.
sure is lots of broken records in there.
Ehh, I'm glad they're not throwing deadlines out there. This team has the right idea. The deadline is when the quality is at the right level. Throwing a date out there and meeting that deadline do or die is what got them into this mess to begin with.
Deadlines or not the people need to see progress and direction. We need hope and encouragement to stick around. Every day of silence and every day of nothing added is more players lost at this point. With Rift and DCUO dropping soon the danger of losing even more players is getting more and more pronounced.
It seems to me, the more I look back and think on it, that the old dev team didn't have shit done. What they did, in the amount of time that it took them, isn't very much. A real drop in the bucket. Either SE was running this with a small team or they just flat-out sucked. Either way if they want any chance of survival past Spring SE will need to shift this game to the front of production and put as much resources in that can be spared. They've got to get a lot out and quickly. The amount for time the previous dev team produced just won't be able to keep this game going.
I agree with The Q. Shit needs to get done, and fast. It doesn't have to be big things, but we need to see them working at getting stuff done. For instance, the damn bug with yellow mobs not giving SP when killed. Regardless if it's a bug or not it's seriously affecting game play in even leve mobs that run away go yellow and are now worth 30% of the SP they're supposed to be. The fear of grinding mobs aoe style doesn't compare to the negative effects of this mechanic(and you have fatigue to limit sp anyway?). This has been around for near 2 months now and still no mention of it(that I've seen). Hell mob placement is so wack sometimes during leves that you can't get away without fighting multiple groups at the same time. Guess what? If shock spikes are up you're now ruining sp for the whole group. I can't tell you how much SP I've lost due to this bug. This is just one example of shit that needs to get fixed yet no word about it. The list goes on from SP needing a boost per mob(seriously) to leve mob placement. I know the game needs a LOT of work, but these things shouldn't be that hard to do and/or at least acknowledge that you're working on them.
Trying to sell shit in the market wards is just lol now. Besides wards crashing every 12 hours, the player base is so small that gear doesn't sell. I sell shit super cheap and it still doesn't move. It's only going to get worse in the coming months if stuff doesn't get done. I realize they don't want to put a deadline on stuff but they need to keep rolling with updates. Adding a 'bcnm' type thing to do would be awesome, some hamlet defense, and even just copy and pasting XI's search/lfg system over so people can find and join up with people to play this MMO(which is really lacking in the MM department). These are all things that will eventually need to be added so you might as well add them now to give your current player base something to do so that they too won't leave your game.
Interviews all over the place with rival upcoming games, a constant stream of info from Blizz's boys, and SE remains silent. At this point I don't even think it matters what style people prefer - when your rivals are pouring out info, chatter and general buzz about their games, you've got to keep up if you don't want your game relegated to another "niche" title that only the hardcorest of fans can feel good about.
Hopefully we get something tomorrow. New info in the first week would behoove them.
I think it's very wise that the new dev team posted the poll and stands back for now. Are they going to lose players? Yes, but it doesn't matter as long as they take their time and pull this game back on track. The game got absolutely crushed already, so they have no other option than make it work. From now on, I would say that every mistake/fail is going to have even higher impact on FF14's credibility than before.
It's do or die situation, but their brand will give them enough time.
Lets face it, small changes wont cut it. I agree with Q that SE needs to throw all their resources at this game if there is any hope to save it. Look at other games coming out, they got 20 times more content than 14 has currently from the start and that's just on the day of release.
Can't help but feel the people screaming that everything needs to be done omgnownownow are the same ones that would bitch about the changes/additions being halfass and shitty if they rushed it.
You want quality or fluff?
I'd take a bit of fluff right now lol but that's just me. If you could give me some content other than behest and some transportation(choco/airship), and maybe a decent search feature I'd be happy for a while. Not sure how hard those would be to implement, but I know reworking the battle system and such will take some time to do. ANyway, hopefully they give us something tomorrow other then "thanks for taking our poll, we'll get back to you soon".
Yaaaaaa, I forgot this is the age of instant gratification.
Well didn't they say they were working on hamlet defense like 2 months ago? By that they should have been at least under way with development so the new team should have something to work off of and get out relatively fast? I'm not asking for stuff that wasn't already "in the works" that SE said months ago. I understand it isn't going to be a month or maybe even 3 for a reworked battle system or other things on that list. I'm just saying if they have stuff they can make happen in a month, make it happen so your small(yet still existing) player base doesn't quit on you and you're left with totally nothing. Otherwise what's keeping me from jumping to a new MMO once it's out and ever coming back to this?
Edit: Here you are: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...f018ec5fb504d2
Read next to combat and first updates of 2011; The addition of hamlet defense battles
^this
That whole 2011 thing should be happening this month if they want us to keep playing
Not screaming anything, just real talk. If SE wants any chance of success and if they want to keep what players they have and bring back those who lost faith they have to throw a lot more behind this game. Much more than the seemingly meager resources allotted thus far.
They don't have time to just piddle around and throw out little thises and thats here and there over a few months when major, polished, highly anticipated releases are coming soon that are competing with their product. They fucked up bad and the time is quickly running out to rectify the situation and the odds are not in their favor.
Also, regarding quality or fluff, I just want ANYTHING at this point. Sure they added a handful of paltry NM's to the game to keep R50's from intsta-quitting when they realized there was absolutely 0 content after that horrible grind but that content, which doesn't even look good or well thought out, is stuff that the grand majority of the current playerbase has no access to.
Old dev team.
Also I do agree with you and want something regarding plans/content/etc. But, I'd rather this new team get off on the right foot rather than just push out info/dates they can't back up. Yoshida said himself that one major thing he wants to avoid is promising what cannot be achieved in x time frame.
Hopefully, they take the poll results and suggestions to heart and come up with a solid game plan that can and will be followed. If the first few updates aren't anything to be optimistic about, then I'll start bitching.