Page 30 of 139 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 2776

Thread: FFXIII-2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #581
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    ...and that thing looks like Barthandalus didn't complete his focus. (possible?!)
    If the pictured creature is indeed a Cie'th then it cannot be Barthandelus. He was a fal'Cie and thus did not have a focus. Only l'Cie who fail to complete their focus given by a fal'Cie become Cie'th.

  2. #582
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Well it's all just incredibly vague speculation, but for all we know Barthandelus could've been given a focus by Lindzei originally (or Buniberzei?). Who knows! We were never really told specifically what the Fal'Cie were and weren't capable of, but we were told they couldn't brand people themselves, more that they set people up to be branded by the gods (I think? Didn't the ultimania say that fal'cie that branded the group in FFXIII was Pulse, working through Anima? All very confusing)

  3. #583
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,978
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I doubt it'll just be about Noel and Serah, Final Fantasy has always been about a group of people, aside from X-2. I think we'll see more Team Nora action in this one too.

    I don't think Serah and Noel are using manadrives, I know its the future and all but even when manadrives were used in XIII the enemy had to charge them up.

    I guess I'm going to have to replay FFXIII again, I rushed through it the first time to get to pulse and I had to do a bunch of college shit between playthroughs so I never really got to grind through it without big breaks. I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of the finer details in the plot too.

  4. #584
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,624
    BG Level
    6

    same demo again but this time with a SE guy explaining everything:



  5. #585
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph






  6. #586
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    They can still use magic in this one, as seen by Serah switching to Medic in one of the videos - as wel las the fact that they use Ruin in the demos. Besides; I don't know why you all seem to think it'd be impossible for Serah to use magic just because she already completed her focus. Sure, she may have completed her focus, but that doesn't necessarily mean she lost her I'Cie powers. She was still touched by them, so all of them could potentially still have their powers intact.

    As for the main character thing; I don't see why we couldn't have several characters. I mean, in the first game, the main characters kept getting split up the entire time. The same thing could be true this time, and the monsters are a way of helping out for the situations when you're split up. I'm guessing at the end of each chapter, we'll get to play as Lightning a bit, and then about halfway through the game (or 2/3 through), Serah, Noel and whoever else finds Lightning, and she'll join the party. And from that point forward, the game will take place in Valhalla or whatever the place the Goddess lies sleeping in is called.

  7. #587
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    DLC confirmed? I am shocked @.@


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #588
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It wouldn't make any sense to have Serah, Noel and monsters only. FFX-2 didn't have Paine, Brother and Shinra as party members... ir had a popular character as the lead, Rikku who is a returning one and Paine to cover the new entry.
    So far we have 2 new entries only and as much as I like Serah being playable she doesn't exactly fit into the popular/returning character type.

  9. #589
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    What do you people think about the new battle theme?



    Sadly it's just a preview taken from the demo gameplay video and it ends when the presumably good part is about to start.
    It sounds very different from "Blinded By Light" but it seems pretty decent.

  10. #590
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    I like it.

  11. #591
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I like it but I thought that the one from the trailer was the actual battle theme lol. I guess that's another one used in certain battles.
    On a side note I really hope Light gets that costume in Duodecim sooner or later <.< It's simply amazing.

  12. #592
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    163
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    My only complaint with the new battle theme is that it takes a little too long to get to the main theme, and then the battle is over. Though I know it's probably because this is at the start of the game, and it's easy to preemptive strike. Once past the intro stuff I'm sure we'll get monsters that don't die so fast.

    I like it though so far. Definitely a nice change.

  13. #593
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    After listening to the battle theme intro over and over and came to the conclusion that they just took the guitar riff from Blinded By Light and brought it to the front (made it the main instrument) then expanded on it. Sounds pretty good. It also sounds a little like FF7AC Battle Theme, if only a little.



    Riff starts about 30 seconds in.

    I like it more than Blinded By Light tbh. Sounds much more combat-ish.

  14. #594
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I like it, but I definitely want that Atlas Paradox music more.

  15. #595
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    According to SE, FFXIII-2 will be longer than XIII: http://www.gamepur.com/news/4132-ffx...ide-quest.html

  16. #596
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    According to SE, FFXIII-2 will be longer than XIII: http://www.gamepur.com/news/4132-ffx...ide-quest.html
    Well, that's good.

    Btw. The url doesn't show up for me in the post, dunno why, only saw it when I quoted the post.

  17. #597
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    It's hard to shake the feeling that a direct-sequel Final Fantasy game is going to be small... like an expansion. Strange that it would actually be beefier... they are probably counting the actual addition of side-quests/exploration.

    edit: article says excluding... but what was XIII estimated at?

  18. #598
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    They're saying otherwise: "If gamers decide to go on with the side quest of Final Fantasy XIII-2, it will take players another 40 hours to complete."

    Though we all know how the hours estimate always work, lol.

  19. #599
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    It took me around 100 hours to plat FFXIII. The main story alone during my first playthrough was like... 40 hours?
    Successive playthroughs were obviously much faster... I think you could finish FFXIII's main storyline in less than 10 hours if you know what you're doing.

  20. #600
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Took me 60 hours to beat FFXIII the first time but I also did most of the sidequests as soon as they were available. FFXIII-2 will probably last more than that if we start counting multiple playthroughs and DLC so that's good news.

Page 30 of 139 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FFXIII Anouncment Trailer now on PSN
    By Faxanadu in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 10:53
  2. New FFXIII & Versus Vids. ?
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 2009-01-12, 14:17
  3. New FFXIII Trailers
    By Natallon in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 2008-08-21, 14:41
  4. FFXIII on 360
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 2008-07-22, 17:21
  5. New Pictures from FFXIII
    By Kimiko in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2008-01-25, 21:56