Page 31 of 139 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 2776

Thread: FFXIII-2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #601
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    This game looks disappoint so far and the new music doesn't feel final fantasy at all.( I guess the same could be said for the last music, but I got the feeling of epicness inside me when I heard it, I don't get it from this. Also I dislike how it takes seemingly years for the battle music to build up, which was an issue in the last game as well.) Now I read they are having no eidolons? I really wonder what direction Square Enix is taking this as this game is only going to cater to a portion of the FFXIII users and most of them probably are aware of what happened with Final Fantasy X-2, making this a reluctant choice already. I'm not asking for the same game but I assumed it would be a polished FFXIII(with all of the main gripes being addressed) not lets give the game to our third rate developers and see how(or IF?) they can turn a profit with it.

    edit: Although potentially not enough of the music is exposed to make proper judgment I guess, I suppose I'm basing it off the paradox music which I wasn't a fan of. (Although the boss music in FFXIII was kind of lame compared to the battle music in my opinion.)

  2. #602
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    No usable eidolons is such a gripe?

  3. #603
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Something has to replace towns y'know.

  4. #604
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    No usable eidolons is such a gripe?
    No but it is a gripe, summons have been in every modern final fantasy to go away from it is pointless and doesn't add value to the game. It only potentially takes away value and lore.

    edit: Your post makes it appear that is the only concern I'm raising and the only basis for my point. Another concern is that with monsters added to your party that takes away a party slot, which takes away potential characters. If the monster slot is indeed switchable with other party members then this concern is invalid, however with the special moves monsters have and the emphasis they have on it this appears not to be the case. Thus this implies that Sera and the monster will at least almost always having to be in the party implying that the party you get will most likely be the one you keep until the end. Especially since they cannot learn certain spells apparently? I sincerely hope this is not the case but it is pointing in that direction. Which is a similar mistake made in Final Fantasy X-2, only having the same party to play with over and over. I'm just not liking the patterns I am seeing

  5. #605
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    feel final fantasy at all.
    Dat FF feeling man. If only someone could explain to me what it is, cause I seem to be missing it.

  6. #606
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Dat FF feeling man. If only someone could explain to me what it is, cause I seem to be missing it.
    They always have a way of instilling emotions through their music, at least to me they have. Like when you hear chains of promathia's main theme (Memori stona thing spelling butchered) or the Boss battle to Promathia, the end of Shadow Lord theme, WOTG BCNM music, Final Fantasy VII boss music, Final Fantasy VI battle music list could go on. I listed FFXI mostly as I figured that's something most people on this forum would be mostly familiar with. They have a way of reaching out to your emotions through their music and this just feels like generic music. Again maybe I made judgment on the battle music too soon as we haven't had much past the :30 mark, but I was not impressed with the Atlas battle music to say the least. It just seemed way too generic.

    Also another thing regarding the game play was the anomaly thing. That seems like a gimicky puzzle that will be seen again and again and not just for this boss. Not to mention how he had to go through it three times just for this level. Once or twice that's ok for an area but literally forcing you to go through it again, then again, then again seems like artificial game play time. Especially if this something that will be repeated in multiple different levels and due to how it was presented it certainly seems that way.

    Right now it looks like a fair portion of the game will revolve around bashing these "Atlas" type creatures (Fal'cie or Ci'eth? not sure what they're classified as) and they will all have that anomaly puzzle getting "harder" as the game goes progresses. Again these are all patterns I've observed and I am not a big fan of them at all.

  7. #607
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    There were two versions of Blinded By Light in FFXIII and one of them had almost no build up so it immediatly got to the "good part".

    The demo clearly mentions that Atlas is an ordinary weapon built by humans and it has nothing to do with Serah and Noel's objective other than being a nuisance... just chill out.

  8. #608
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    For better or for worse, this game's music sounds extremely "FF-ish", at least, when we're talking about modern FFs. There hasn't been a FF that has captured a sound like FFVII's Wutai theme (god I miss that song) or Can You Hear the Cry of the Planet, IMO, but when comparing what we've heard from XIII-2, it sounds a lot like some of XIII's music, and it even has pieces that resemble FFX's work.

    I don't know what you can consider to not be FF here. Its got some cheesy sounding "happy feel good" violin work, while still trying to be "edgy" for no reason with either some crazy rock piece or some cheap hip-hop or Jpop piece. Once you get past all of that, though, you still get those 4-5 songs that really blow your mind again.

    I tell you what song could have been in really any FF title and still worked (due to its epicness) is that XIV battle song in the zone adjacent to the black shroud. That's an absolutely delicious song that seriously takes me back to the "good ol' days".

  9. #609
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    They always have a way of instilling emotions through their music, at least to me they have. Like when you hear chains of promathia's main theme (Memori stona thing spelling butchered) or the Boss battle to Promathia, the end of Shadow Lord theme, WOTG BCNM music, Final Fantasy VII boss music, Final Fantasy VI battle music list could go on. I listed FFXI mostly as I figured that's something most people on this forum would be mostly familiar with. They have a way of reaching out to your emotions through their music and this just feels like generic music. Again maybe I made judgment on the battle music too soon as we haven't had much past the :30 mark, but I was not impressed with the Atlas battle music to say the least. It just seemed way too generic.
    There's an easier way to just say you don't like the music.

    Not every single song has to touch the core of your soul, profound or not, it's just there to enjoy (or not, in your case). It has nothing to do with some FF feeling, which would make it seem that songs you like = FF feeling and songs you don't like = no FF feeling. It's just ridiculous.

  10. #610
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    There were two versions of Blinded By Light in FFXIII and one of them had almost no build up so it immediatly got to the "good part".

    The demo clearly mentions that Atlas is an ordinary weapon built by humans and it has nothing to do with Serah and Noel's objective other than being a nuisance... just chill out.
    I'll just withhold the Itolduso's until after the game comes out and there are at least 5+ of those re-hashed anomaly type puzzles

    edit: They had a freaking tutorial on it before it started iirc

  11. #611
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    I'll just withhold the Itolduso's until after the game comes out and there are at least 5+ of those re-hashed anomaly type puzzles

    edit: They had a freaking tutorial on it before it started iirc
    Have you forgotten about pretty much every other FF before XIII each of which had some sort of puzzle/mini game that was repeated throughout the game with slight variations. This a simple puzzle you complete to gain access to the temporal rifts and going through all 3 took him what 20secs? Looking a lil hard bro.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #612
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    I actually liked the trials before you get the aeons in FFX.

  13. #613
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Have you forgotten about pretty much every other FF before XIII each of which had some sort of puzzle/mini game that was repeated throughout the game with slight variations. This a simple puzzle you complete to gain access to the temporal rifts and going through all 3 took him what 20secs? Looking a lil hard bro.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. It's like we didn't have those trials in FFX.

    As for them taking him 20 seconds... That dude was showcasing the game he probably ran through them a lot. Also its obviously not all of them.

  14. #614
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,824
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    People bitch about game having no mini games. People bitch about it having mini games. ffs @_@

  15. #615
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    mmm.. i actually kinda like the resolve the anomaly puzzles based on what im seeing so far. I hoping it gets WAY more complexed later in the game and probably end up having sidequests towards the end of the game that push this puzzle solving to its limit, and then they release an iphone app for it and make more money lol..

    I think music is very subjective and it depends on what your musical palate is like..
    I kinda favor orchestral-pop - stuff with orchestral roots but pop sensibilities.. which is why to this date my fave OST is FF8.. but there are others who prefer the more whimsical styles featured in earlier FFs and FF9.. and others who prefer the rock/metal vibe from CoFF7 (tho not FF7 itself).

    FFXIII as far as i know outdid my expectations of Hamauzu's music (i was expecting just violins and pianos) and I loved many parts of it which just blew me away with its grandiose (Saber's Edge, for example).. and as far as XIII-2 is concerned I only hope it doesn't stray too far from the mood that XIII set because they seem to want to keep it similar. Thats the only major concern I think i'd have.

    The rap music and the vocal stuff, seems fine, quite fitting. XIII had a lot of vocal work - altho mostly ethereal singing....

    also.. I clocked about 40hrs on a normal clear for FFXIII, I think. "Perfect game", being all trophies, only took me 70hours, but I know I was fast. also i used an alternate save to do the all items thing, and didn't bother raising ultimate weapons to max level - because its pointless and takes forever because farming gil was such a chore.

  16. #616
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    I actually liked the trials before you get the aeons in FFX.
    Bahamut's was a bitch. Ugh, every time I want to replay that game, I think about that goddamned Bahamut trial and freeze up.

  17. #617
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,824
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Bahamut's was a bitch. Ugh, every time I want to replay that game, I think about that goddamned Bahamut trial and freeze up.
    Same here, but I just use a guide in every replay. Going on the wrong platforms in that shit was painful.

  18. #618
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    I think I read somewhere that FFXIII-2 will have a "save anywhere" feature... pretty weird considering that it was the last thing FFXIII needed. Still good regardless.
    Also, development is 70% complete according to Jump and we should get new info next week: http://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress.c...s-70-complete/

  19. #619
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    They still have some time to develop Mog to not look so retarded. I wonder why they made him look like an Asian Casper.

    edit: I guess it kinda' matches XIII's moogle art... http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...III_Moogle.png but when I saw that in XIII, I was expecting it to eventually go more of the route of Crystal Chronicles. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ork_moogle.jpg

  20. #620
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I think Mog is cute, and I doubt they will change him much.

Page 31 of 139 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FFXIII Anouncment Trailer now on PSN
    By Faxanadu in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 10:53
  2. New FFXIII & Versus Vids. ?
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 2009-01-12, 14:17
  3. New FFXIII Trailers
    By Natallon in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 2008-08-21, 14:41
  4. FFXIII on 360
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 2008-07-22, 17:21
  5. New Pictures from FFXIII
    By Kimiko in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2008-01-25, 21:56