Page 60 of 139 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1181 to 1200 of 2776

Thread: FFXIII-2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1181
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Wait for it to be late-game revelation, that she died to become the guardian of Etro and will stay with her forever

  2. #1182
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Historiacross is a shit name, but the concept sounds pretty neat. Here's hoping we can go to Oerba and see it when it wasn't shitty? Or maybe witness Cocoon being attacked by Raggy the first time.

  3. #1183
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Historiacross is a shit name, but the concept sounds pretty neat. Here's hoping we can go to Oerba and see it when it wasn't shitty? Or maybe witness Cocoon being attacked by Raggy the first time.
    That would be cool, and pretty much fits in with how CT/CC would do things. Seeing the contrast between old and new Oerba would be great (and any excuse for more Dust to Dust).

  4. #1184
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Ever since FFX I've been wanting another FF that really dealt with time travel. Better late than never.

  5. #1185
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    So... Chrono Trigger/Cross finally had rough sex with Final Fantasy eh? Looking forward to the results. My body is ready.

  6. #1186
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    As long as it's not like FF8...

  7. #1187
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So, Serah is Ultimecia!?

  8. #1188
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    As long as it's not like FF8...
    You gotta be kidding me. FFVIII had the best time-travel concept in the series.
    If FFXIII-2 can pull that off better then it would automatically be the best FF there is.

  9. #1189
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    FF8 lost me around the time travel concepts, so I wouldn't say that. I'd say somewhere around disc 3 the story just stopped being good. I was curious enough to see where it went but I still didn't like it.

  10. #1190
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,826
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I love FF8 and even I'll admit it's time travel parts were a bit of a mess.

  11. #1191
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    FF8 lost me around the time travel concepts, so I wouldn't say that. I'd say somewhere around disc 3 the story just stopped being good. I was curious enough to see where it went but I still didn't like it.
    Sentence makes the assumption that the story was good to begin with. lulz

  12. #1192
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    It will be interesting if done right, and makes more sense to the multiple endings and different paths you can take in the game. Messing up time travel stories results in stuff being too convoluted and unfinished though

  13. #1193
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    You gotta be kidding me. FFVIII had the best time-travel concept in the series.
    If FFXIII-2 can pull that off better then it would automatically be the best FF there is.
    i actually agree with the notion that FFVIII pulled off its time-travel thing really well. Rather, I'm of the opinion that it handled its time paradox very well. It also seemed to intentionally leave the story open to interpretation.. something which I thought works well for the sake of discussion and leaving some mystery in the game. The newer ones don't seem to know how to do this well enough.

    You'll have to admit this time travel plot device was used a lot more better than just go back to the past to change fate - time compression added a whole new level to that. However, the concept of time travel itself is almost always either loved or taken as contrived. At the very least, VIIIs was something different from your typical time/space travel story.

    I'm not hoping for XIII-2 to have a strong time travel rather than for it to allow you to travel back and forth in time in specific locations just to see the history of Pulse/Cocoon...

  14. #1194
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    The problem with a story left open to interpretation is that there's a need to interpret that not everyone can do. If you look at 8, personally speaking, it took years for people to acknowledge 8's story. I thought it was more interesting after I read some of the so-called theories, but if I need to read someone else's interpretation to enjoy the story and appreciate then something is wrong. Either with me, or the way the story was told and presented (I'm not ever likely to think it's my fault).

    When a story is good and enjoyable it leaves an impression, and 8's story didn't really leave a good impression at the end.

  15. #1195
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    i never though ff8 was time traveling i though it was just random points in the past that didn't really have anything to do with the story till you got to the orphanage?
    unless my vision of time travel differs from others

  16. #1196
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    FF8 didn't involve time travel i thought, it was just that certain elements of the story involved time travel.. but it all took place in one time (maybe aside the final fight against Ultemecia). But it's been so long I forgot all the specifics

  17. #1197
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    The antagonist was in a different time, controlling people in the player's current time. It was a terrible mess.

  18. #1198
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,651
    BG Level
    6

    I'm gonna jump on the pro-FFVIII team here. I've always been a fan of it since it was released. Looking back I still love it, definitely one of my favs.

  19. #1199
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yay offtop :D Instead, have that:




  20. #1200
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    FF8 didn't involve time travel i thought, it was just that certain elements of the story involved time travel.. but it all took place in one time (maybe aside the final fight against Ultemecia). But it's been so long I forgot all the specifics
    It's been a while, but since you travel to another time to fight the final boss, I'd say that counts as time travelling. IIRC you go into the future to fight her, and although you can explore the future world before you enter the castle, there's nothing much you can do that tells a story.

    Before disc 3, before I knew it was all about time KOMPRESSION and all that bullshit I was actually enjoying FFVIII. But the further I got the more the story started to lose me, not to mention I was never really invested in most of the characters.

Page 60 of 139 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FFXIII Anouncment Trailer now on PSN
    By Faxanadu in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 10:53
  2. New FFXIII & Versus Vids. ?
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 2009-01-12, 14:17
  3. New FFXIII Trailers
    By Natallon in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 2008-08-21, 14:41
  4. FFXIII on 360
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 2008-07-22, 17:21
  5. New Pictures from FFXIII
    By Kimiko in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2008-01-25, 21:56