Page 70 of 139 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1381 to 1400 of 2776

Thread: FFXIII-2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1381
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    This is an apparent description of the X360 TGS trailer that we haven't seen yet. As a warning possibly MAJOR spoilers (kinda wish I didn't read it ;-; ) :

    Spoiler: show
    Much like the PS3 version, the Xbox PV begins with an event scene.

    Kaias, the man with the purple hair and dark sword, readies his weapon and says, “Beautiful pain; let the feast begin.” The red stone in the sword’s handle starts to make a sound like something is breaking open. The sword becomes surrounded by a purple mist. The man waves the sword, pointing it upward and then swinging it down. He then jumps into the sky.

    Lightning, wearing mysterious armor, appears. She’s slashing her sword horizontally, with feathers flying everywhere.

    With his back to Serah, Noel starts to speak, “We were born during a period of destruction. I was the last child left behind. All of my comrades died one by one, and when I was the last remaining survivor, I knew that I wasn’t able to fulfill everyone’s wishes.”

    Kaias and the girl with the veil, known as Yuru, are at a gate. Kaias says, “Is the dawn visible?” Yuru replies, “…depends on the heart… of the two.”

    Some kind of interface system is on screen, search Lightning’s arm. On her left arm, a l’Cie mark(?) is detected.

    Somewhere in a developed metropolitan area, people in front of Noel and Serah begin emitting light. Continuously, one by one they become Cie’th. Kaias appears behind Noel and Serah, warning them, “You two are the spear and shield [conflict and dilemma]. I will have to make you disappear.”

    Yuru points to Serah and says, “You and I are the same… You will surely be guided.”

    Noel, through the crack in time and space (?) moves toward Serah and says, “Every time we cross the gate, I’m sure we’re getting closer and closer to Lightning. Believe this, now.”

    Many battle scenes in different places now appear, including caith sith and chocobo QTEs.

    Noel readies his sword and shouts, “Give up, Kaias!”
    Kaias, “Sorry to tell you, unfortunately this body cannot die!”

    Somewhere in a facility, there’s machinery surrounding a room.
    Yuru says, “Beyond death, encompass all memory of all time, he, Kais will definitely never die.”
    In shock, Noel replies, “His body can’t die?!”

    Slicing her sword downward, Lightning appears riding Sleipnir. This scene is in CG.
    Kaias yells, “Shout the joy of the battle!” Swinging his sword toward the ground, he dashes forward. Lightning jumps upward to dodge.

    Kaias remarks, “Impressive.”
    Lightning, “Stop fooling around.”

    The two move toward each other, and their swords clash.

    Noel holds the girl that fainted.
    Yuru, “If I live, time will be in dilemma.” In front of them, Serah is crying. “For us to activate the Paradox, Yuru became the substitute…”

    In a barren place, Kaias looks at Noel standing with one of his hands on the ground. Kaias swings his sword and stabs Noel in the back.

    Noel falls in place with blood flowing.

    The trailer ends with the FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 logo, and release date of December 15, 2011.


    It was posted on gamefaqs (I know, I'm bored, sorry ) before the previous clip with lightning and kaias, but incorporates that scene so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

  2. #1382
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    if it's 6 chapter 11s then I totally wouldn't mind lol.

  3. #1383
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/19...nt-lots-of-it/


    Final Fantasy XIII-2 Will Have Downloadable Content, Lots Of It
    Square Enix considered releasing downloadable content for Final Fantasy XIII, but canned those plans and made a direct sequel instead. Serah’s story will have downloadable content. Producer Yoshinori Kitase said at Tokyo Game Show they are making downloadable costumes, monsters, and weapons for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Seems like some DLC will be pre-order bonuses, Lawson, a chain of convenience stores will give players a downloadable content code as a bonus.



    Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes out for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on December 15 in Japan. Square Enix have a North American release slated for January 31, 2012 and Europe gets the game on February 3rd. So far, the Lightning Edition Ver. 2 PS3 bundle is just for Japan.

  4. #1384
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    ^gay

  5. #1385
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Duodecim had exclusive codes in the special editions of other SE games so this isn't a surprise.
    Still miles better than Capcom's DR2 DLC. That actually made me chance my mind and I didn't even buy the game.

  6. #1386
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    I don't mind DLC but I do mind pre-order bonuses.
    Are they usually available via PS store eventually? Never bothered with them.

  7. #1387
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Speaking of weapons, that's the one thing I hated about XIII. No clear "best" weapon, all situational, so hard to DECIDE. I was a trainwreck at the end of the game.

    Should work well here tho, DLC weapons won't be anything to write home about.

  8. #1388
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I am not a fan of anything you can't get eventually, forcing you to pre-order/collector's edition/whatever.

  9. #1389
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    neither.
    I'd rather they let all players access that content. if not initially, eventually.. like within a 6 month window.

    and it'd better only be insignificant stuff like costumes and shit

  10. #1390
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    i doubt it'll have an impact to the point you feel like you need to preorder. It might well be alternate outfits and things like that.

  11. #1391
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Afair, ages ago they mentioned something about stuff like pre-order bonuses etc. becoming available to everyone after some time passes.

  12. #1392
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Speaking of weapons, that's the one thing I hated about XIII. No clear "best" weapon, all situational, so hard to DECIDE. I was a trainwreck at the end of the game.

    Should work well here tho, DLC weapons won't be anything to write home about.
    That was my least favorite thing about XIII also, I just wanted a god damn ultimate weapon.
    As far as DLC's go they always disappointing. Not surprised though that SE would jump on that bandwagon being the greedy jew gooks they are.
    When they figure out they can make money on DLCs they going to try to sell us Versus in 10 parts.

  13. #1393
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    274
    BG Level
    4

    Honestly I don't mind DLC as long as it's not something they intentionally cut from game and will sell as DLC later (though to be fair this is hard to prove/disprove in certain cases). Doesn't seem that way for FFXIII-2 if all it is is costumes and weapons (though we'll have to see since they could make the DLC weapons a lot stronger than anything that can be found in game).

    Though I was hoping for more than just costume, weapons, etc.

    Also people should be used to it thanks to Capcom now anyway >.> (Capcom doesn't have "DLC" usually but they do have like 10 different versions of several of their games which everyone keeps buying).

  14. #1394
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1

    Say no to DLC

  15. #1395
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    DLC is inevitable. It's just the state of things these days. Pre-order/special event/etc. bonus shit that no one else will ever get to experience if they didn't attend is unacceptable.

  16. #1396
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

  17. #1397
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Ugh, I'm already hating that Yuzu girl, such a cliche mysterious figure.

  18. #1398
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    I like her. She's clearly different from all the other female characters. More diversity in the cast is always a good thing.

  19. #1399
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    From FB:

    3rd February 2012. This is the date that has been confirmed as the release date for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 for Europe and PAL territories. Start the clock!

  20. #1400
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    274
    BG Level
    4

    Here's the video on youtube (English dub but based on Japanese game footage).


Page 70 of 139 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FFXIII Anouncment Trailer now on PSN
    By Faxanadu in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 10:53
  2. New FFXIII & Versus Vids. ?
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 2009-01-12, 14:17
  3. New FFXIII Trailers
    By Natallon in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 2008-08-21, 14:41
  4. FFXIII on 360
    By SephYuyX in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 2008-07-22, 17:21
  5. New Pictures from FFXIII
    By Kimiko in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2008-01-25, 21:56