Page 22 of 160 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 3190
  1. #421
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    997
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Ha, I jumped on MW2 last night for the first time in a long time too. Every team I played consisted mainly of noob tubers, but it really felt nice to main a sniper rifle again.

  2. #422
    Daddy Warbucks
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,371
    BG Level
    6

    You guys playing MW2 need to play TDM or FFA, OMA tubing is nearly non-existent and quickscoping / MLC is rarer than in other modes, they're both miles better than objective based games when it comes to the balancing problems in the game.

  3. #423
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,297
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    saw you on the other night Tekki, i'll come join if i see you back on there. i haven't been on in a few days but pretty much constantly have played since launch (slow leveling though, I mainly only do hc tdm w/a few friends when they are on). i never could get into black ops that much, but i've never gotten sick of MW.

  4. #424
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    I quite like how MAG handled it, people were doing knife builds like they do in MW2 because the knife was instant kill, so Zipper made the knife only an instant kill from behind, head on/side attacks took around 2/3 attacks depending on opponents armor. If MW3 fixed it like that, I would welcome it. Or hell, make a perk where you can't get instantly killed by knife lunges, instead making it 2 hits or something.
    Flak Jacket might be even more broken, but I've always laughed at how you could literally stand on top of a nade, have it detonate, and walk away unscathed. Knives? nope, still dead.

  5. #425
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    <<removed due to new policy/copyright problems>>

  6. #426
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    what the hell is going to be worth paying monthly other than early or included dlc maps? dumbass skins? that affects gameplay somewhat i'd think. I hope it's nothing that affect gameplay. and I hope it doesn't set a gold standard as they say, then everyone follows suit. Dev/Publishers are gonna start puttin the bare minimum into their online components and having you pay for anything remotely extra. Can you imagine paying monthly for each game you play online on top of XBL.

  7. #427
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    This is why god made Battlefield. They are even planning on offering something akin to Elite, with out the subscription fee. So far they seem to get it, and as long as people have an option as good as that, this won't get very far.

  8. #428
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    This is why god made Battlefield. They are even planning on offering something akin to Elite, with out the subscription fee. So far they seem to get it, and as long as people have an option as good as that, this won't get very far.
    How can you say this when the only released details are on the free portion of the service. Are you retarded? Get your fanboyism outta here.

  9. #429
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    This is a list of what's free? What the hell will Elite offer? haha

  10. #430
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    blowjobs.
    while playing.

  11. #431
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    Day 1 buy.

  12. #432
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,392
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    premium will probably have no limits on stuff like video uploads and Hats

  13. #433
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    This is why god made Battlefield. They are even planning on offering something akin to Elite, with out the subscription fee. So far they seem to get it, and as long as people have an option as good as that, this won't get very far.
    Battlefield is the opposite of fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    premium will probably have no limits
    If they were smart they'd offer this. I'd actually consider it, too.

  14. #434
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    I'm sorry but with the way activision already milks players on dlc map packs there's no way I'm going to pay for an advanced stat tracker when the basic stats tell me more than I need to know. If that fee is anything significant it's just gonna be another gay way to milk the franchise. So much for them vehemently claiming they wouldn't be adding a pay feature to the game.

    Edit: And should it be that they restructure the stats in a way to force players to have to buy into their service then I'm pretty sure I wont buy it still.

  15. #435
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    It's like nobody can read.

  16. #436
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Don't get banned again Leroy. Anyway what I mean is that they're advertising the "elite" as a premium or upgraded version of the community interface/tracking/whatever. Instead of forcing players to pay a service for the game, which is what they wanted to do, they're now going to make you pay for a "premium" user community or interface and that's kinda a ripoff. Especially if the elite package is where all the 'new' content is going to be centralized. The blackops community/user interface was almost complete garbage and I guess that's what I mostly mean by being a ripoff. I understand that they're throwing a lot of content into the basic free package but that still doesn't mean it's going to matter if in order to get access to the community stuff that actually matters you have to pay, you know? For example, being able to use all that new stuff in conjunction with other players or clan members for comparison sake or for study purposes.

  17. #437
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    I'm pretty grateful for what's free and I'm having a hard time giving a shit about Elite lol. So crazy how much entertainment we get for 60 bucks these days.

  18. #438
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Well, if it were up to Bobby Kotick we'd be paying 200 bucks and be charged a monthly fee. Which is why I'm completely against any kind of pay fee for these games in principle. Even more so when it's going to involve a community interface, which COD has always truly lacked. Sure you could play with friends and compare stats and videos, but there was never any true community interface and the blops interface was just utter garbage in every way.

    I'm in the same boat as you in the sense that I don't really care. But again I don't want whatever this premium package they plan to release to actually have any power of separating players who do and do not have because if they prove it's a viable source of revenue they'll charge us for just about everything. Not to mention if I'm going to be paying for a game on a monthly basis I damn sure better be able to host a game without locking up. All that said I'm still looking forward to it.

  19. #439
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    In Kotick's defense:


  20. #440
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    This probably won't matter to the broboxers or PS3, but this was a major issue for me with MW2 (I constantly play it now with our dedicated server with alterIWnet) and the lack of game configuration in BO (turn off FF or autoboot after 3 TKs?) drove me back to MW2. It "may" be promising.

    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/09/e3...conversations/

    Recently a leak to Kotaku suggested that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 would ship without dedicated server support. Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling has told Gamefront that this might not be the case. He says Infinity Ward are “having conversations about dedicated servers, mod tools and post launch support” now, and want to make an effort to reach out to the PC gamers that have left the series since Call of Duty 4.

    Bowling told Gamefront that Infinity Ward “had some of the [PC] guys come out to the studio a few weeks ago… We brought them here so they can see the stuff we’re showing off. We’re putting a lot of focus there, to make sure that our PC community has all the bells and whistles. So, the guys that have the powerhouse machines, that they can crank it up and enjoy the game.”

    “I can’t confirm anything yet, but right now we’re having conversations about dedicated servers, mod tools and post launch support… In Modern Warfare 3 we added IWnet, which was all about matchmaking – with the plan to eventually add in dedicated servers.

    “My ideal philosophy on the PC is to have matchmaking for the mass,” he added. “Have matchmaking for the guys who just want to jump in, hit play game and start playing. But let’s not lose that dedicated core audience that wants the dedicated server experience.

    “We’re looking at ways to incorporate that into Modern Warfare 3. We’ve been listening a lot to our PC guys who have been very vocal since Modern Warfare 2 about what they want to see come back to our versions of the franchise.”

    Call of Duty: Black Ops is moving in a similar direction. Mod tools are set to hit that game soon. Did you used to play Call of Duty? Would mod tools and dedicated servers bring you back to the series?

Page 22 of 160 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
    By Tekki in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 12937
    Last Post: 2011-07-07, 01:55
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2010-05-17, 20:05