Page 73 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1441 to 1460 of 3190
  1. #1441
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    you thought that was a troll? lol..

  2. #1442
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    For those with party-connection issues, you might wanna keep an eye on http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x...px?PageIndex=1

    Still no solution found yet, but I imagine when someone does figure it out it'll be there.

  3. #1443
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    997
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    While I agree that the maps are leaning towards the small side, I feel that it makes for more gun on gun battles and doesn't let snipers rule the game. Black Ops was a lot of fun because the snipers/quickscopers were almost non existant, in MW3 they fixed the snipers and let you quick scope but shortened up the maps. The sniper rifle ruled MW2 and while I enjoy sniping, I'm glad it's not the king of this game.

    I've had plenty of bad spawn deaths, but I also like the idea that when I spawn I'm not far from the action and can get back into the battle right away.

  4. #1444

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,097
    BG Level
    7

    Snipers did not rule MW2 :\ there were just so many it "seemed" you died to them more often than you, being whatever kind of player you are, died to them too often. It was too easy to kill a quickscoper because your first AR shot made it impossible for them to hit you.. so you win!

    Honestly, and please nobody get offended <_> I think that MW is starting to lean itself toward a system where you can't exploit inherit advantages(skill), which means everyones K: D is beginning to gravitate towards 1. Them weakening drop shotting is what made it clear to me. Killstreaks not counting towards other KSs is a very understandable, and needed, change but it only came to fruition because the majority were getting dominated even harder by the minority. The same's true for drop shotting I think - I was able to turn on people shooting me in the back and win that engagement because they sucked.

    Maps being so 1 dimensional takes the movement out of the game and I almost feel like it's literally who can aim better(especially now that the best guns, type 95 and acr, have 0 recoil.. it used to be you had to decide between low recoil and high damage). And I think the majority of people are fine with that because instead of aiming/moving/drop shotting/inherit variability of everything your score is determined only by aiming and that luck factor. The bigger effect luck has, the less skill you need to do well.. and because the majority of the people playing are 12 year olds the playerbase is happier, I guess.

    It's like if quake 2 had auto lock-on, ffxi-2 gave every mob 1/2 hp(idk how to make that game any easier), or starcraft 3 having scripts where pregame you wrote down what you want to build/when and the computer executed it as efficiently as possible(like those build order apps do).

    Probably crying too hard here, but whatever!

  5. #1445
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    ACR and Famas were in MW2 - what suddenly makes Type 95 and ACR dominate this game?

  6. #1446

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,097
    BG Level
    7

    FAMAS with stopping power was pretty much the same as type 95, but it didn't have rapid fire and its range was = to every other AR. Type 95 has twice the range of everything else(2000 when ACR/CM901/M4/etc etc has 1000). MW3 has no Stopping power and type 95 is a famas WITH stopping power, more range, and faster fire rate.

    While the ACR had pretty much the same stats it does now, the SCAR killed 50% faster for a negligible increase in recoil and decrease in fire rate. Still though, the ACR now is exactly like the ACR in MW2+stopping power and there's nothing to compete like the SCAR/TAR which had a jump in damage for a trade of recoil/fire rate.

  7. #1447
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    208
    BG Level
    4

    I loved the acr in mw2 i'd say a good 70% of my kills were with it, but honestly it feels a bit different in this one. I've been liking the G36C better then it so far the carbine isn't half bad either. Though if you really want a broken gun run around with dual FMGs with steady aim that shit is just rigged lol.

  8. #1448
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    994
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I still remember when everyone when batshit because IW was taking out Stopping Power. I'm guessing what IW was thinking: "We took out the perk, but we built SP into every gun in the game! SURPRISE BITCHES". Also, am I a scrub for using the M4A1 onry? I'm probably going to swap out to the ACR soon, but I wanna get the gold skin for the M4 and see if I get any special titles when I do.

  9. #1449
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    208
    BG Level
    4

    na titles only come at 1k kills i think 500 headshots and mastery(lv29 for most assault rifles) for weapons

  10. #1450
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    994
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Well I got the silver and gold titles for the gun (500 kills and mastery, respectively). Thats all I get? I thought maybe an emblem at least. Gun is at level 30 atm, about halfway to 31.

  11. #1451

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,097
    BG Level
    7

    at 31 you get a "bronze" emblem of the gun with the gun's name engraved in it. I'm not sure how you get the gold title. the one you got is more bronze, right? first you get the engraved plate, then the "bronze" one with the skulls on either side - shouldn't there be a silver and gold out there still?

    I think it'll have something to do with headshots, like 500 for silver title, and 1000 for gold title/gold emblem.

  12. #1452
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10


  13. #1453
    FNH
    FNH is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I love the M14 for S&D lol though I usually end up using the scorpion for most kills.

  14. #1454
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Is there a Tar-21 copy in this game?

    Goddamn I loved that gun

  15. #1455
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    994
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    at 31 you get a "bronze" emblem of the gun with the gun's name engraved in it. I'm not sure how you get the gold title. the one you got is more bronze, right? first you get the engraved plate, then the "bronze" one with the skulls on either side - shouldn't there be a silver and gold out there still?

    I think it'll have something to do with headshots, like 500 for silver title, and 1000 for gold title/gold emblem.
    I guess it might be bronze, never got a really good look at it, but yea its the one with the skulls. The silver one doesn't have the skulls, though. And I doubt I'll ever get to 1k kills the the M4, shits way too weak. Guess I'll grind it out to get the emblem then move on to the ACR (or the type 95, gonna try them both).

    Out of curiosity, do you get xp for the guns level if you complete its individual challenges (20 kills with red dot, noob tube, acog, etc), or do you only get regular xp for your level?

  16. #1456
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    208
    BG Level
    4

    you're probly thinking of the emblems you get for 1k kill line, i've only gotten 1 gun emblem so far and it was for 1k kills =/

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...i/IMG_0094.jpg

    and the two titles i have for guns the kinda greyish slate is 500 kills and the bronze skulls is getting all the attachments

  17. #1457
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    HEY THE >:3 IS TOTALLY MY TAG

    BEEN CAT CLANNING FOREVER

    CAPS FOR MAD

  18. #1458
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    HEY THE >:3 IS TOTALLY MY TAG

    BEEN CAT CLANNING FOREVER

    CAPS FOR MAD
    I was waiting for this post, lol.

  19. #1459
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by MP 1st View Post
    Five maps from Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 have been found in Modern Warfare 3‘s game files.

    As it was the case with Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward might bring back some “classic” maps from previous Modern Warfare titles to MW3. Four maps, Strike, Vacant, Crash, and Overgrown, were remastered with the MW2 engine from CoD 4, so it is not too far fetched that Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games would want to “remaster” some fan favorite maps and offer them as part of Elite’s monthly DLC drops and eventually the bundled Map Packs. Reddit user, SMKTZ, has revealed the map file for Modern Warfare 3. Interestingly, the map file contains four maps from CoD 4 and only one from MW2. Call of Duty 4 maps are Crash, Crossfire, Strike, and Overgrown along with Highrise from MW2. Bare in mind that you should take this leak with a grain of salt.
    http://mp1st.com/2011/11/10/cod-4-an...ern-warfare-3/

    Here's to hoping Highrise is out in the future

  20. #1460
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    HIGHRIIIIIIIIIISE

Page 73 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
    By Tekki in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 12937
    Last Post: 2011-07-07, 01:55
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2010-05-17, 20:05