Page 114 of 352 FirstFirst ... 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 2261 to 2280 of 7032
  1. #2261
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,803
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Anyone go Captain America on invaders yet? It sounds like a pretty funny way to kill someone with the double damage thing

  2. #2262
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Anyone go Captain America on invaders yet? It sounds like a pretty funny way to kill someone with the double damage thing
    No one invades me ;_;

  3. #2263
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    ok, so after pinwheel, I'm I supposed to just traverse this dark as hell place until I get the the giants place? I know I nneed to get a skull lantern, but I only get it after that part?

  4. #2264
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,803
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I went and got the Cast Light spell JUST for that part. Fuck Tomb of the Giants. There's an Illuminating Helm somewhere as well in Lost Izalith, but I don't want to go on another detour for it.

  5. #2265
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I saw two small glowing lights way off in the distance. I wasnt sure what they were so I decided to shoot an arrow at it. So I aim at the lights, wondering if I'd beable to hit whatever it was because it was so far away. I shoot and hit it immediately. The life bar was right in my face. Not even a second later a giant skeleton swings his giant sword right down on my head.

    Perception's a bitch.

  6. #2266
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Anyone go Captain America on invaders yet? It sounds like a pretty funny way to kill someone with the double damage thing
    How do you do it?

  7. #2267
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Got summoned into a NG+ Belfry Gargoyles. Talk about a fucking blast. I think this is my new favorite boss fight, from all games.

  8. #2268
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Got summoned into a NG+ Belfry Gargoyles. Talk about a fucking blast. I think this is my new favorite boss fight, from all games.
    Interesting

  9. #2269
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,001
    BG Level
    7

    NG+ bosses have new patterns or do they just hit harder

  10. #2270
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,823
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Not sure if this was posted. This thread moves too fast. But here are some lulz.

    http://www.fempop.com/2011/10/12/dar...terrible-game/

    Dark Souls is a Terrible Game
    Dark Souls I have been sitting here trying to play you for the last week. Maybe there was a respite at one point where I did nothing but watch Ranma 1/2 for 24 hours straight, but for the most part I’ve been playing you like clockwork every day.

    And I hate you. You’re a terrible terrible game.

    I get it. You’re hard. Oooo. Difficulty. You’re like trying to solo a raid dungeon in World of Warcraft. I love that. Soloing a raid dungeon is one of the most rewarding experiences a masochist can endure. It makes you weep, you spend days on it, but when you succeed you want to high-five yourself in the mirror and mainline Ranma 1/2 for twenty-four hours straight because god damn it you deserve a reward. Maybe also you fly around Orgrimmar singing of your prowess.

    But there is a difference between “incredibly challenging” and “incredibly irritating.”

    Dark Souls you throw your characters into the willy nilly without so much as a head pat. “GO FORTH AND KILL DEMONS DUDE.” Only your combat system is a little intricate and with no instructions its a bit like building a website database with nothing by wikipedia to guide you. It’s doable but it’s going to take all fucking night.

    And then there’s the fact that the game is actually a little ugly? And the controls aren’t good? And the story is non-existent? And the game ostensibly gives you a character class but never actually makes use of it because everyone ends up the same way at the end anywho and it smacks less of intentional and more of poor design?

    Yeah I don’t get the appeal of Dark Souls. Because it’s like that solo Raid but with a significantly lower reward for a significantly greater lost amount of time and I don’t have the patience for it.

    Dark Souls requires infinite patience and will only appeal to half of gamers because gamers fall into two categories:
    http://www.fempop.com/wordpress/wp-c...gAMER-TYPE.jpg

    If you are gamer A do not play this game unless you have a sibling around. Unfortunately my sibling is in another state and I can’t beat my dog or self-flagellate so I’m going to have to lay off the Dark Souls.
    If you are gamer B you have not reached this point in the review because you are too busy calling me a stupid cow in the comments and carefully explaining how stupid I am and how perfect Dark Souls is. Since you aren’t reading this I’m just going to call you a giant NERD and let you know that Dark Souls sucks and there are tremendously better and more well-rounded games out there. And also suggest that liking Dark Souls for its difficulty level is like liking racing cars without brakes or tires.

  11. #2271
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Can I be summoned from anywhere in the game with the ring on or I have to be in the forest? Im wasting time while I can be grinding!!!!

  12. #2272
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    Interesting
    The boss pattern appeared the same, although I don't remember so many flying fire sprays.... They hit like trucks and have a ton of HP too.

  13. #2273
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Man... fuck Blight town. I'm lost

  14. #2274
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Not sure if this was posted. This thread moves too fast. But here are some lulz.

    http://www.fempop.com/2011/10/12/dar...terrible-game/
    I actually find all of his complaints pretty spot on, except for the combat (unless complaining that I wish the enemies weapons couldnt go through so many walls and pillars. counts)
    That said, I still love the game and have no real idea why.

  15. #2275
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Honestly though... after you get used to the combat. The game isn't THAAAAT hard. Its really only when I'm tired, pissed, or frustrated that I start to suck and it perpetuates into a hatred fueled fuckary of mistakes left and right in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I actually find all of his complaints pretty spot on, except for the combat (unless complaining that I wish the enemies weapons couldnt go through so many walls and pillars. counts)
    That said, I still love the game and have no real idea why.
    btw: her

  16. #2276
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I'm actually annoyed myself that there's even less story in Dark Soul than there was in Demons.

  17. #2277
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,001
    BG Level
    7

    yeah, honestly i don't think this game is as hard as everyone's hyping it to be.
    playing this by sightread and i don't think i've called bullshit once. yes, there are booby traps but they only surprise you once.

    also, characters might be ugly but this game is fucking beautiful, wtf?

  18. #2278
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    does black knight sword beat drakesword?
    I went from Drakes to Black Knight Sword (not Greatsword) and loved it. Upped it to +4. I used that more than anything else until I got Furysword which is now +5.

    Also... I look silly.



    When I was done with the Painted World I had about 120k so i decided, fuck it. Farmed up 230k more and went and joined Forest Cult. Ran to Blighttown, killed Ninja Buddy, got flippy ring. Left Shiva holding his dick, warped out, paid the priest and no one's the wiser. I guess I could kill Shiva too but I will wait til just before NG+ for his sword/shield.

  19. #2279
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,718
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    How do you do it?
    Shield made from the Moonlight Butterfly Soul has a projectile attack instead of being able to parry. Stats on the shield itself are kind of trashy, but the attack is fairly cool. Costs 4 points of durability every time you use it though

  20. #2280
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    259
    BG Level
    4

    idk what worse, not being able to see 1 foot in front of me. or having ghosts attack my ass through walls before i know they are anywhere around

Page 114 of 352 FirstFirst ... 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2022-07-05, 20:48
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 2015-07-31, 14:13
  3. Sonic Generations(20th Anniversary)(360/PS3/3DS/PC)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 2013-04-08, 18:52
  4. The Game of Thrones RPG (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2013-03-01, 20:31
  5. Binary Domain (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-07-07, 11:38