Page 116 of 352 FirstFirst ... 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 2301 to 2320 of 7032
  1. #2301
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Wrong. You can aim spells without locking on, learned it in Demon's Souls and it still works in Dark Souls.
    What I meant is you can't do it very well. You can try to move the camera around to hit things if they're very large and not moving very fast but you're not going to be able to consistently aim say, a soul lance at the channellers shooting you from higher corridors in the Archives, while they have no trouble hitting you with theirs (and you can easily hit them with a bow).

    I used that manual aiming to fight the Hydra in Ash Lake while it's possible, it's just not practical, you can't target precisely enough.

  2. #2302
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    I'm having trouble with the Fire +10 upgrade, I have a fire +5, and red titanite chunks, but no option to continue the upgrade path. I am at Vamos, am I doing something wrong?
    You need to get an Ember, for that particular path, I forgot the Ember's name, but it's one of the two in Demon Ruins, think it was called Large Flame Ember.

  3. #2303
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    This blacksmith just won't give the option to +6 bc he has the Devine ember, who the hell can ascend just a normal weapon to +15?

  4. #2304
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Andrei, once you give him the Very Large Ember.

    Edit: Can find it in New Londo after draining it.

  5. #2305
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Has anyone here killed Shiva and his little ninja buddy? Now that I have my Ring of Fog I don't mind betraying the Forest Covenant for the ninja flip ring. I'm SL40 and I'm wondering how strong this pair is.

    Do I only get one shot? If I betray it by attacking him won't he leave if it sends me back to the bonfire for dying?

  6. #2306
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I'm pretty pissed off about how shitty sorcery is, my introductory Pyro spell with the introductory weapon unupgraded does more than any of the sorceries, even the 20k souls Homing Soulmass shit I just bought and leveled my int to 18 for. It's ridiculous how shit these spells are. Also it only summons 2 soul mass things so it does like 50 damage to normal enemies, less than my basic soul arrow.

    I think I'm done even trying with Sorcery, just going to level my endurance, strength and vitality, fuck this game.
    Soulmass projectile numbers scale with INT and cap at 5. The second version of the spell at 36 INT, using the starter Catalyst does about twice as much damage as a Great Fireball with a capped out Pyro Flame. Even on the Four Kings boss, who have some amount of magic resistance, Crystal Soulmass did about 50% more than my fireballs. It also casts a hell of a lot faster. The Soul Lance spells you get at higher INT also do a ton of damage and are way fast than Soul Arrows.

    Seems they changed sorcery to be something you do well with only if you invest in it; if you just put a few points in them and don't go all the way, then they'll suck

  7. #2307
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    Is there a bonfire in the catacombs? I think i missed it if it's near the conenant down there cuz I missed it
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGrief View Post
    Andrei, once you give him the Very Large Ember.

    Edit: Can find it in New Londo after draining it.
    Well I have a few divine weapons and he has the divine ember but doesn't give the option to +1 divine (example divine iaito and just says be can make it iaito+5 again)

  8. #2308
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    Has anyone here killed Shiva and his little ninja buddy? Now that I have my Ring of Fog I don't mind betraying the Forest Covenant for the ninja flip ring. I'm SL40 and I'm wondering how strong this pair is.

    Do I only get one shot? If I betray it by attacking him won't he leave if it sends me back to the bonfire for dying?
    I just killed the ninja. I am near level 70 though, so it was pretty easy. A few swings with a Furysword+5 and he was done. I actually farmed up the absolution cost first though and just warped out after killing the Bodyguard and getting the ring. That way if I join later I can still buy a few other weapons from Shiva that I hadn't yet.

    So if you farm 80k you could do that. If you fight them in Blighttown it is a bit easier. Just roll up right in Ninjas face and Shiva usually can't get to you. He gets stuck on the boards and then you can either warp out and Absolve or just cheese him through the boards if you want to just kill both of them. You could grab Iron Skin or w/e it is called too for some extra def since you aren't really running anywhere.

    Also if you die, I think they just go back to the Forest.

  9. #2309
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    Well I have a few divine weapons and he has the divine ember but doesn't give the option to +1 divine (example divine iaito and just says be can make it iaito+5 again)
    Are you sure you're looking at the Reinforce Weapon page and not the Modify Weapon page? Any blacksmith can level up weapons, you only need certain ones when you need to Ascend them.

  10. #2310
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Oh god, lol. I still haven't slept sorry

  11. #2311
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    I just killed the ninja. I am near level 70 though, so it was pretty easy. A few swings with a Furysword+5 and he was done. I actually farmed up the absolution cost first though and just warped out after killing the Bodyguard and getting the ring. That way if I join later I can still buy a few other weapons from Shiva that I hadn't yet.

    So if you farm 80k you could do that. If you fight them in Blighttown it is a bit easier. Just roll up right in Ninjas face and Shiva usually can't get to you. He gets stuck on the boards and then you can either warp out and Absolve or just cheese him through the boards if you want to just kill both of them. You could grab Iron Skin or w/e it is called too for some extra def since you aren't really running anywhere.

    Also if you die, I think they just go back to the Forest.
    I'm level 40 which is why I was wondering how strong they were lol. As a fall back I guess I could do a sneak attack with firestorm on Pyromancy.

  12. #2312
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    Well I have a few divine weapons and he has the divine ember but doesn't give the option to +1 divine (example divine iaito and just says be can make it iaito+5 again)
    wut

  13. #2313
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Where is the Covenant in the catacombs?

  14. #2314
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Deep in the Catacombs is a tunnel with a Titanite Demon, in that tunnel you should see an open coffin. Go near it, press X, get in there and wait about 30 seconds, it'll take you there.

  15. #2315
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGrief View Post
    Deep in the Catacombs is a tunnel with a Titanite Demon, in that tunnel you should see an open coffin. Go near it, press X, get in there and wait about 30 seconds, it'll take you there.
    Where is the open coffin, I've just been in there and saw a few open

  16. #2316
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    AH I see it now, it has no body in it, Thanks

  17. #2317
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Is there a bonfire near to warp back quickly?

  18. #2318
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    From the Covenant? I don't think so, have to use the either of the 2 in the Catacombs.

  19. #2319
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Oh I forgot! Does Poison Mist count as a hostile action towards an NPC in Dark souls?

  20. #2320
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGrief View Post
    From the Covenant? I don't think so, have to use the either of the 2 in the Catacombs.
    Reading from the wiki it says I gain an ability to invade other people's world, How do I use it, I'm not sure I got it

Page 116 of 352 FirstFirst ... 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2022-07-05, 20:48
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 2015-07-31, 14:13
  3. Sonic Generations(20th Anniversary)(360/PS3/3DS/PC)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 2013-04-08, 18:52
  4. The Game of Thrones RPG (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2013-03-01, 20:31
  5. Binary Domain (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-07-07, 11:38