Page 124 of 352 FirstFirst ... 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 2461 to 2480 of 7032
  1. #2461
    Tonko
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Spoiler: show
    You can take it to Kingseeker Frampt OR clear New Londo Ruins (boss and all) and give it to Darkstalker Kaathe to join the Darkwraith faction. You can't join this covenant if you give the lordvessel to Kingseeker.
    Not quite true. You can zerg your way through New Londo first thing after you get the Abyss walker's ring, and join the covenent, then later give it to Frampt.

  2. #2462
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Seeing all this obsession with this game has really made me want to give it a shot and pick it up.
    Is it really as amazing as the videos and comments I see here make it out to be though? I'm assuming since most of you are already playing these titles since Demon's Souls came out, if I picked this up first would it make any difference in terms of story or getting used to the series? Or should I go with Demon's first?

  3. #2463
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    No story ties whatsoever

  4. #2464
    Tonko
    Guest

    Yes it's that amazing, and more.
    The story isn't a factor, and has nothing to do with the first tone. It's very loose, and mostly serves as a means to tell you where to go next. Demon's is both harder and easier, in it's own ways. Demon's is cheaper currently, so might try starting with that one, incase you don't like it.

  5. #2465
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,375
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    Not quite true. You can zerg your way through New Londo first thing after you get the Abyss walker's ring, and join the covenent, then later give it to Frampt.
    Weird! The guide makes it sound like you have to have the lordvessel and Kaathe takes it from you. Ah well! I lost my chance to join the covenant since I put New Londo off until it was the last area I had to go to. I'm planning on joining it when I start my NG+ playthrough.

  6. #2466
    The Sig...
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,934
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Not sure if this picks up with the argument. But I expected this game to be harder than Demon Souls. It feels easier (or I'm more experienced at this fuckery?)

  7. #2467
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,375
    BG Level
    6

    I think it's simply knowing to expect some shit, so it doesn't get to you as much. Demon's Souls got kinda easy once I learned what to expect.

    Though, Dark Souls does feel very creative in the "ways to kill you" department.

  8. #2468
    The Sig...
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,934
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Its still a fun as fuck game. Just a lot of dick moves.

  9. #2469
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Fuuuuu, game just froze. Just upgraded a bunch of shit too. orz
    You probably didn't lose any progress, the game autosaves like every 2 minutes. I've backed up my saves, in the off chance I get a save file corruption or something like that, but so far every time it froze I was able to pickup exactly from where I left off after rebooting

  10. #2470
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yeah, I think it is easier as well. Way easier to upgrade weapons, you can get way better gear way sooner, the worst stuff doesnt respawn, the bosses all seem a whole lot easier, and you can even just run through a lot of stuff and end up making it to a new bonfire.

  11. #2471
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Jesus fuck, the Stray Demon just wrecked my shit.

  12. #2472
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah he can suck it. The first time I tried him he basically two shotted me within seconds. The second time I was able to heal after his first hit and just stay behind him almost always. His flying move got me turned around once or twice and in front of him again. I just booked it straight at him and rolled right at him and usually his attack shifted him and i rolled right between his legs.

  13. #2473
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    The issue i'm having with deciding whether or not to give it a try is the whole "die and lose everything" deal... is it something you just learn to deal with, or will it make you want to throw your PS3 under a train?
    ninjaedit: i'm a sore loser lol...

  14. #2474
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I killed the fucker this time, I stayed glued to his tail basically and hit him with chaos fireballs and greater fireballs.

  15. #2475
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Nicely done Kazen, it really is a bit of luck at the start with that fight. If he traps you, you may as well write it off and try again. Exo, it isn't like you lose everything. You lose your souls which are you rcurrency and means to level up, but you don't lose the items you have snagged, your weapons, etc. You just learn from mistakes... not unlike platformers. Eff up you are doing it again, and don't eff up that time.

  16. #2476
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    What is a "Peculiar doll" used for? I just picked it up after killing the Stray Demon.

  17. #2477
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,851
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    So, what parts of the game do you all not like? Any particular enemies or zones? Pretty sure Blighttown is gonna rank up there in needing to gtfo. I hate it for how shitty the lighting is. It's not a proper darkness like in Tomb of the Giants, and the whole poison swamp thing got played out in Demon's Souls pretty quickly.

    As to the enemies, so far for me, none of the bosses has felt cheap and most of the regular enemies are setup well. The only enemies I feel are cheap would be the 2 spearbow dudes going up into Anor Londo, the deformed Sparta/Phalanx group in the Painted World, and possibly the ghosts in the Londo Ruins (but maybe that's more area design than mob design).

    Biggest drawback is definitely the changes to how summoning phantoms works and the lack of party chat. I don't understand From's decision to keep it out. The game is already easy mode with a summon anyways.

  18. #2478
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,851
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    What is a "Peculiar doll" used for? I just picked it up after killing the Stray Demon.
    Entrance to the Painted World in Anor Londo

  19. #2479
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,724
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Only parts of this game that have truly pissed me off so far are Ceaseless Discharge and the invisible "fooled you I'm not safe" ledges in the crystal caves. Everything else that fucks you over is usually something of your own doing.

    And yes, this game is honestly much easier then Demon's Souls, if for no other reason then the penalty for dying (Hollow form vs. Spirit and half health) is much much softer and alot easier to recover from.

  20. #2480
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    The issue i'm having with deciding whether or not to give it a try is the whole "die and lose everything" deal... is it something you just learn to deal with, or will it make you want to throw your PS3 under a train?
    ninjaedit: i'm a sore loser lol...
    You only lose your souls if you die twice, that is you die and without using the chance to recover your souls, die again. Basically everytime you die you have to recover your souls if you want to get them back. Souls are like the game's currency but aren't really that hard to come by, it's more a penalty for death and it's not really a penalty because you learn not to die because literally any mob can kill you so when you die it's a lesson learned. It's hard to explain but don't avoid it because of the 'you die you lose souls' aspect.

Page 124 of 352 FirstFirst ... 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2022-07-05, 20:48
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 2015-07-31, 14:13
  3. Sonic Generations(20th Anniversary)(360/PS3/3DS/PC)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 2013-04-08, 18:52
  4. The Game of Thrones RPG (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2013-03-01, 20:31
  5. Binary Domain (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-07-07, 11:38