Page 128 of 352 FirstFirst ... 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 2541 to 2560 of 7032
  1. #2541
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    868
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Seamus Sunder
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Is it the egg-burdened or the maggots that cause egg-head? I know I can get it from betraying the covenant, but I'd rather avoid doing that.

  2. #2542
    Tonko
    Guest

    It's the egg burdened, they have to do a move where the maggot comes out and grapples you. Your controller will vibrate an extra time after the grapple letting you know you got infected. Your character will scratch the back of their head during idle to also let you know you're infected. The egg burdened in front of the covenent giver will sell you toxic mist if you're egg burdened.

  3. #2543
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Can someone briefly explain the deal with Invasions? Is it something you can't control? and what happens if a player does invade you and kill you?

  4. #2544
    Tonko
    Guest

    um, well you can only be invaded while human, so if you only play as hollowed you can control never being invaded. there's quite a few different types of invasions.
    NPC invasions - in certain zones an NPC red phantom will invade you.
    Player invasions - these come in quite a few different varities, Dark moon and Forest Hunter invasions will be blue phantoms, forest hunters only attack you in a certain area of the forest.
    Your world can be invaded by someone form the Gravelord Servant cov using an eye of death, which will "poison" your world, and cause more enemies to spawn which will be stronger versions of other enemies. Only way to end it is for them to die, or you can find the sign they put down and invade and kill them.
    Path of the Dragon members can invade you to try to steal Dragon Scales from you by killing you.

    Regardless of who invades you, they will steal one humanity from you if they kill you, this was the humanity you used to make yourself Human, you don't lose anything beyond the inconvenience of having to hike back to your death spot to regain everything.

  5. #2545
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So when you die you drop everything that was on you including weaps and armor? or just your humanity/souls/items you're carrying?

  6. #2546
    Degenxerate
    Guest

    Also you will NEVER lose your equipment. I've seen that asked on here a few times. You only lose Souls and Humanity and as long as you aren't stockpiling, which you don't ever really need to do, you don't have anything to worry about assuming for some reason you cant make it back to your death spot. When you respawn you will still have everything gear wise on you, ready for battle.

    Edit: i knew that would happen. lol
    Oh yeah and you dont lose any normal items either just Souls and humanity.

  7. #2547
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    868
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Seamus Sunder
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    It's the egg burdened, they have to do a move where the maggot comes out and grapples you. Your controller will vibrate an extra time after the grapple letting you know you got infected. Your character will scratch the back of their head during idle to also let you know you're infected. The egg burdened in front of the covenent giver will sell you toxic mist if you're egg burdened.
    Good to know, thanks.

  8. #2548
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    haha thanks guys... i think I'll start by picking up Demon's Souls first and see if I like it, then I can just grab Dark Souls.

  9. #2549
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    How do you buy shit from Shiva? And if ranking up is involved, is it possible to rank up offline? Lol

  10. #2550
    Degenxerate
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    How do you buy shit from Shiva? And if ranking up is involved, is it possible to rank up offline? Lol
    If you just joined the forest covenant and are talking to him in the forest you cant. Go to blighttown and look for him at the bottom of the big mill wheel thing. you can buy stuff from him there.

  11. #2551
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Degenxerate View Post
    If you just joined the forest covenant and are talking to him in the forest you cant. Go to blighttown and look for him at the bottom of the big mill wheel thing. you can buy stuff from him there.
    Awsome. Thanks.

    And while I'm in Blighttown, anyone know where the Pyromancer is there? I was sure I checked everywhere, but I never saw anyone.

    Also, lolStray Demon on NG+ with Lightning Iaito+5. One full combo.

  12. #2552
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Awsome. Thanks.

    And while I'm in Blighttown, anyone know where the Pyromancer is there? I was sure I checked everywhere, but I never saw anyone.

    Also, lolStray Demon on NG+ with Lightning Iaito+5. One full combo.
    Shes right near shiva. If you are on the bottom with your back to the water qheel, shes in front of one of thw pillars there. Front as in out of your view

  13. #2553
    aru
    aru is offline
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,084
    BG Level
    6

    The pyromancer in blighttown is sitting at a pillar in the center by the entrance to the spider-woman boss.

  14. #2554

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    So I just rang the second bell, and got some cutscene with the gate opening. Thats obviously the correct 'story path' or whatever, but I kept pushing down to the Demon Ruins expecting some kind of shortcut to pop up back to the Burg. Killed Ceaseless Charge, not seeing any shortcut. The lava froze over so now I have a path to the left with some Demons (looks like they're just guarding an item) who push my shit in, and a path to the right with Capra Demons who take me like 10 minutes of careful dodging to widdle down.

    It's become clear there is no shortcut, and that this is probably the wrong way to get to that gate. Do I really have to backtrack all the fucking way through Blighttown back up? Please say no.

  15. #2555
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Ahh, ok. Thanks.

    I'm guessing the amount of souls is increased by x5 on NG+? I just got 50k from the dragon. I forgot to put my silver serpent ring back on...

    @Celeras: No. Lol. If you go up that water wheel, there's a path up there that leads to Valley of Drakes > Undead Burg(or parish. I confuse them. Whichever the beginning area is.)

  16. #2556
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    So I just rang the second bell, and got some cutscene with the gate opening. Thats obviously the correct 'story path' or whatever, but I kept pushing down to the Demon Ruins expecting some kind of shortcut to pop up back to the Burg. Killed Ceaseless Charge, not seeing any shortcut. The lava froze over so now I have a path to the left with some Demons (looks like they're just guarding an item) who push my shit in, and a path to the right with Capra Demons who take me like 10 minutes of careful dodging to widdle down.

    It's become clear there is no shortcut, and that this is probably the wrong way to get to that gate. Do I really have to backtrack all the fucking way through Blighttown back up? Please say no.
    theres a way up straight ajead of the spidercave. follow the path and youll find ladders that lead far up. It will take you to valley of the drakes, which can lead you to new londo or darkroot basine.

  17. #2557
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    So I just rang the second bell, and got some cutscene with the gate opening. Thats obviously the correct 'story path' or whatever, but I kept pushing down to the Demon Ruins expecting some kind of shortcut to pop up back to the Burg. Killed Ceaseless Charge, not seeing any shortcut. The lava froze over so now I have a path to the left with some Demons (looks like they're just guarding an item) who push my shit in, and a path to the right with Capra Demons who take me like 10 minutes of careful dodging to widdle down.

    It's become clear there is no shortcut, and that this is probably the wrong way to get to that gate. Do I really have to backtrack all the fucking way through Blighttown back up? Please say no.
    I would push on with the story, your somewhat close to the point where you can warp in between certain bonfires, one being the chaos witch's.

  18. #2558
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    Outside of doing NG+++++ and getting two souvenirs per playthrough I don't see me getting the platinum on this game anytime soon.
    They're dropped by the Harpy/Crow demons in the painted world, it's how I got my 10.

  19. #2559
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    257
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I'm @15 or so Souveniers from invades, they dont seem all that hard to get. Also I've been putting of trying the parry strat vs Gwyn because i thought it would actually be hard... Ya it was not. I got hit a total of 3 times lol. For NG+ do I keep my covenant rank?

  20. #2560
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    The 2 crystal geckos in catacombs, I ran up and killed one but the other dug away. Now resting at the bonfire is not resetting the other, and it's also not resetting the vases at the bottom that you drop onto and make a large noise with. The vases are shattered and the other gecko is not respawning. Anyone have a similar experience seeing multiple geckos, killing one or not all of them, and having the rest not respawn?

Page 128 of 352 FirstFirst ... 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2022-07-05, 20:48
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 2015-07-31, 14:13
  3. Sonic Generations(20th Anniversary)(360/PS3/3DS/PC)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 2013-04-08, 18:52
  4. The Game of Thrones RPG (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2013-03-01, 20:31
  5. Binary Domain (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-07-07, 11:38