Page 167 of 352 FirstFirst ... 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 ... LastLast
Results 3321 to 3340 of 7032
  1. #3321
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    I used to use it against the Titanite Demons, but that didn't work as well on the later ones. Crystal Ring Shield with Greatsword of Astoria equipped fixed that.

    Also, it makes the final boss easy mode.

  2. #3322
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    So I just beat the Gaping Dragon and have just over 20k souls. I have heard people talking about the Crest of Astorias and how after you have it, it is super easy to farm up more souls. Would anyone mind explaining how? it would be nice to level up some more and upgrade some weapons finally


    A map to go along with Hellfury's description. One of the two mobs (the x1's) nearest the gate do not respawn after you kill them. The other does and is the mage. Aggro him, and then run out past a log and around it and head back to the stairs. You should get 6k each time (or 21k+ on NG+ with Gold Ring).

  3. #3323
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    A map to go along with Hellfury's description. One of the two mobs (the x1's) nearest the gate do not respawn after you kill them. The other does and is the mage. Aggro him, and then run out past a log and around it and head back to the stairs. You should get 6k each time (or 21k+ on NG+ with Gold Ring).
    It's been awhile, but which one doesn't re-spawn? I remember all of them re-spawning when I would run through that area.

  4. #3324
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    538
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    once you get some decent armor and a good weapon its probably faster to just kill them normally, either way its a great farming spot

  5. #3325
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    It's been awhile, but which one doesn't re-spawn? I remember all of them re-spawning when I would run through that area.
    You know it is strange. The mob placement on that map is a LITTLE off. There are basically 5 mobs in that area between the gate and the Cat Cult Lady, and you can see them on the map there. Truthfully on my first playthrough I only remember encountering those 4. The Mage, the Ninja, the Cleric, and the Axe guy who is right in front of the Cat Lady's building. Then farther to the east there was the girl with the Bow and one other guy, with a spear maybe? But that is 6. The map shows 7.

    On my NG+ when I first opened the gate and went down the steps there was an invisible mob that had either an Axe or a Sword coming at me. I only aggroed him and the Mage so I know it wasn't too far in. He was never there again. I must have missed him on my first playthrough.

    So yeah, you should see an invisidude very close to the gate when you open it, near the Mage. BEHIND the mage is the invisible Ninja. Ninja respawns, the other invisible guy did not.

  6. #3326
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I keep expecting Yahtzee to do a review on Dark Souls, but he seems to be avoiding it. First he did Hard Reset(game I've never heard of), then Rage, now Kinect. I assume he'll do Batman next week.

  7. #3327
    House Azazael
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,641
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    You use the crest in the forest on the door close to the "hidden" bonfire behind the wall, beyond that wall is 4 regular respawning human enemies (one is cloaked) and 2 non-respawning (one of them drops the pharis bow). they give 1-3k souls each. Their pathing is pretty bad, so you can run around in the area a little and aggro them, then if you keep the right distance running back, instead of going up the stairs back to where you entered you can run to the righthand side. If you get it right, the enemies will run up the stairs, and more often than not run over you and fall down into the abyss, giving you in essence free XP. takes like 2-3 min for around 7k XP. easiest would be to look at a vid to get the locations right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post


    A map to go along with Hellfury's description. One of the two mobs (the x1's) nearest the gate do not respawn after you kill them. The other does and is the mage. Aggro him, and then run out past a log and around it and head back to the stairs. You should get 6k each time (or 21k+ on NG+ with Gold Ring).
    Thanks. I will give this a shot tonight.

  8. #3328
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,184
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    oh trust me, i have it equipped, but only has 3 casts, and can't double it up like other spells

  9. #3329
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    You know it is strange. The mob placement on that map is a LITTLE off. There are basically 5 mobs in that area between the gate and the Cat Cult Lady, and you can see them on the map there. Truthfully on my first playthrough I only remember encountering those 4. The Mage, the Ninja, the Cleric, and the Axe guy who is right in front of the Cat Lady's building. Then farther to the east there was the girl with the Bow and one other guy, with a spear maybe? But that is 6. The map shows 7.

    On my NG+ when I first opened the gate and went down the steps there was an invisible mob that had either an Axe or a Sword coming at me. I only aggroed him and the Mage so I know it wasn't too far in. He was never there again. I must have missed him on my first playthrough.

    So yeah, you should see an invisidude very close to the gate when you open it, near the Mage. BEHIND the mage is the invisible Ninja. Ninja respawns, the other invisible guy did not.
    The order I did it in and the ones that I fought every time I went there for a few souls was the knight with a greatsword(first invisible guy by the mage, and the one I aggro first to kill), the mage, the thief(the next invisible enemy), the cleric, then the axe guy. Then I'd run over to the invisible archer and the other knight with a greatsword next to it.

    I only did this on NG+, though. I didn't really touch the forest much other than for Sif on my first play-through. Maybe the re-spawn in NG+ only? I dunno. I know they re-spawned for me, though. Every one of them.

  10. #3330
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Definitely didn't for me. Great Sword Invisi-knight was only there the first time. I remember thinking "who the fuck was that guy" because I definitely somehow missed him on my first playthrough.

    I never bothered with the Archer/Knight other than getting her bow. Farming wise I stuck to Mage/Cleric/Thief for 6k, the Axe was only 1k and annoying too so I skipped him. The Mage is enough to make you rage anyway with his mental problems. Standing there shooting Soul Arrow into a rock for 3 minutes. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!? I was so happy once I was able to just kick his ass normally.

  11. #3331
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,222
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    There anything behind the hydra boss?

    I was wandering about that Darkroot area, decided to kill some of those ice golems until I kept seeing water shots come out of fucking nowhere.....and helping me kill the golems in the process. Decided to check out the source.....I see that huge fucking beast, say NOPE! to myself, and run the fuck away.


    I'm such a pussy in this series....

  12. #3332
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    There anything behind the hydra boss?

    I was wandering about that Darkroot area, decided to kill some of those ice golems until I kept seeing water shots come out of fucking nowhere.....and helping me kill the golems in the process. Decided to check out the source.....I see that huge fucking beast, say NOPE! to myself, and run the fuck away.


    I'm such a pussy in this series....
    There is a ladder that leads to the back of the forest near where Sif is, and is a way into Avline's forest without buying the key to the door. However there are some nasty mobs back there. There is also a gold golem (but I think you need to zone out or reload to get it to appear). If you kill it you get a new NPC that sells spells.

    The Hydra is incredibly easy though. The hardest part is getting close to it. After that though, it's insanely easy.

  13. #3333
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Yeah, it almost seems like the hydra melee attack is glitched. With 40 stamina the melee hit didn't even take half when blocked.

  14. #3334
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Any tips for my brand new Sorcery Character? I am already past Gargoyles. Next up is Capra. I haven't raised anything other than INT and maybe 1-2 into STR/DEX so that I could hold a Longsword. I am not entirely sure how to go about Capra with a Sorcery Build. Is Magic Shield that helpful there? My HP is sooooooooo low. Any other tips? Go grab the Winged Spear?

  15. #3335
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Aw fuck didn't know Patches was gonna attack me if I told him I was a cleric. Had to kill him :/

  16. #3336
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    That's what you get for being a filthy liar!

  17. #3337
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Found a neat trick with the Snuggly glitch. As long as you drop one of the items she requests before picking up the rewarded item, you can always go back to cycle through it again. In other words. If you drop a Blooming Purple Moss Clump for the Twinkling Titanite x2, you can drop a Prism Stone afterwards, pick up the Twinkling Titanites, then quit and come back in to drop the Blooming for more Twinkling after picking up the Demon's.

  18. #3338
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,893
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I've found it very useful in certain boss fights. Namely Ornstein/Smough and Four Kings. Would never use it against normal enemies though.
    I'm curious, how does it help against smough/ornstein? I've been working on leveling my pyro hand to help in the fight, didn't think iron skin would be helpful. Does it just allow you to tank em both?

  19. #3339
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    Any tips for my brand new Sorcery Character? I am already past Gargoyles. Next up is Capra. I haven't raised anything other than INT and maybe 1-2 into STR/DEX so that I could hold a Longsword. I am not entirely sure how to go about Capra with a Sorcery Build. Is Magic Shield that helpful there? My HP is sooooooooo low. Any other tips? Go grab the Winged Spear?
    Get a bunch of souls, save Rickert from the bottom of the burg near the capra demon area, buy his spells, then go to the blacksmith in New Londo and buy his spells. You can use a winged spear if you want to spend the points, I wouldn't take STR/DEX any higher though. Winged Spear + Hollow Shield + Spells should pretty much take you through the entire game.

  20. #3340
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    I'm curious, how does it help against smough/ornstein? I've been working on leveling my pyro hand to help in the fight, didn't think iron skin would be helpful. Does it just allow you to tank em both?
    Yeah, I walked in with it on and starting firing Fireballs to kill one of them asap while I tanked their hits with Iron Flesh on.

Page 167 of 352 FirstFirst ... 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2022-07-05, 20:48
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 2015-07-31, 14:13
  3. Sonic Generations(20th Anniversary)(360/PS3/3DS/PC)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 2013-04-08, 18:52
  4. The Game of Thrones RPG (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2013-03-01, 20:31
  5. Binary Domain (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-07-07, 11:38