Page 191 of 352 FirstFirst ... 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast
Results 3801 to 3820 of 7032
  1. #3801
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,218
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    well I soul exploited was trying to join sunbro but he vanished and wanted 50 str for weapons/shields

  2. #3802
    Ollieyk
    Guest

    For shame! I did that on my first play through too, ruined the experience imo.

    Game was much more fun second playthrough at level <10.

    On a completely unrelated note - Just started playing Demon's Souls for the first time. Awesome game, but feel I've been slightly spoiled and can't help wishing I had picked it up before I had touched Dark Souls. The whole Nexus hub system is making it feel a little restrictive in comparison to Dark Souls openworld. Still the same awesome gameplay though.

  3. #3803
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    NG+ fatty/dragonkiller, fatty killed first. feels good man.

    Honestly wasn't that bad actually. In fact, I would go as far as saying it was a bit easier. Fatty goes down faster in phase 1. And I used the same strategy in phase 2 that I used on the fatty in my first play through. Just use a pillar to control his movements and watch his attack pattern, strike when its opportune.

  4. #3804
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,854
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I did Iron flesh to take me through that entire fight. Ornstein was nice and stayed nearby lol

  5. #3805
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Coincedentally, I need to do that fight on New Game+ as well. Unfortunately for me, my build is similar to my build on Demon's Souls meaning more often than not, I have to avoid taking hits at all costs. I also need to kill Smough first so I can get Ramstein's armor.

    This game feels like it's gonna be a lot easier to platinum and I'm grateful for that because Assassin's Creed Revelations is about to come out and I spent a shit load of time on that game with both the single-player and the multiplayer.

  6. #3806
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Easier to Platinum than Demon's Souls? Gonna have to disagree simply based on the rare weapons trophy.

  7. #3807
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,854
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Theres nothing as bad as Pure Bladestone farming imo :<

  8. #3808
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yeah, Dark Souls is easier than Demons souls in every way, especially trophies. You needed to complete 100% of everything in Demon's souls. You can miss a shitload of stuff in Dark Souls.

    Booo just noticed the lava ring doesnt carry over into NG+ oh well.

  9. #3809
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I wouldn't say Dark Souls is easier than Demon's in EVERY way. But for trophies in general, I'd say its easier.

    Although getting all Miracles can be a bitch in Dark, because the Blades of the Darkmoon covenant always pits you against people who make the strongest PvP builds known, and just sit there waiting to kill you.

  10. #3810
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    big pics
    Spoiler: show
    Somehow missed this giant skull in Ash Lake the first time lol


    And I think my white spider lady glitched. I just beat the Centipede and used the elevator to get back up. she's way out of her wall and right next to the bonfire.

  11. #3811
    aru
    aru is offline
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,084
    BG Level
    6

    Do covenant invasions conform to the +/-10% rule that the white soapstone does? I just joined the Forest Hunters and an getting absolutely slaughtered by the guys I'm invading. I'm getting 1-2 shot in stone armor while only dishing out like 20 damage max a hit at lvl 42.

  12. #3812
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    The people you're fighting are likely doing low level runs where they can upgrade their gear to be far more powerful for their level, then wait for guys like you to roll by and decimate them. It should still follow the formula.

  13. #3813
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    covenant invasions are completely unregulated.

  14. #3814
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Set of thorns, get. I look adorable

  15. #3815
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Set of thorns, get. I look adorable
    Someone invaded me with that set. Guy didn't last long.

  16. #3816
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Someone invaded me with that set. Guy didn't last long.
    Probably was the NPC, lol.

    I'm making a "Dark Knight" character based off the set. Gonna use the set with some sort of greatsword, maybe dark knight greatsword +5, not sure yet.

  17. #3817
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Used all of my Humanities except 1 getting Chaos Servent +2 on my H2H/Whips character. With my last humanity, I went to go find Kirk in Demon Ruins. As I got close to where he was in human form, steps away, I get that one second of lag that indicates someone's invaded. Its Kirk! I think. Its not. Its a Darkmoon Blade. I can see him where he spawns, but I already know I'm fucked. He casts TWoP.

    My last humanity. That son of a bitch.

  18. #3818
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So... weirdest thing. I was in human form going to go do Smoughstein on my new character, see a white summon sign and figure ehhh why not. Note, I had just killed lautrec and I attempted the boss immediately after killing him and receiving his items etc. So I summon him, and am fighting the Giant Knight that I aggro'd while waiting for him to show up. Midway through my fight with the Giant, I get a message saying "Blahblah White Phantom Returned to his world", then literally 2 seconds later the Giant Knight disappears, and I turn around. And I see 3 phantoms in the distance (and the other giant knight was gone as well). It looks like Lautrec's triplet, with lautrecs' glowy feet thing on the middle one. So I sit there going "what.... the fuck..." Then I get the "Dark Phantom xxx has invaded your world" or whathaveyou, so I just enter the fight, and it says he returns to his world. I then proceed to get lightning stabbed with ornstein 1 hit away -.-


    Is it even possible to enter boss battles with dark phantoms invading?

  19. #3819
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Yeah, you can always enter boss battles no matter what.

  20. #3820
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,184
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    how was TWoP adjusted for 1.5 versus 1.3? bullshit spell that IMO should be completely removed from the game :/

Page 191 of 352 FirstFirst ... 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2022-07-05, 20:48
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 2015-07-31, 14:13
  3. Sonic Generations(20th Anniversary)(360/PS3/3DS/PC)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 2013-04-08, 18:52
  4. The Game of Thrones RPG (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2013-03-01, 20:31
  5. Binary Domain (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-07-07, 11:38