Page 56 of 352 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1101 to 1120 of 7032
  1. #1101
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Has anyone killed the hydra thing in the woods yet? I tried to approach it a few times but kept having to retreat/get killed by his water guns. He looks to be pretty far into the lake. Is it even possible to get close to him?

  2. #1102
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Has anyone killed the hydra thing in the woods yet? I tried to approach it a few times but kept having to retreat/get killed by his water guns. He looks to be pretty far into the lake. Is it even possible to get close to him?
    Spoiler: show
    As far as I know, it's easier to kill it when you are close to it, just get as close as you can (not too close, you drown when you reach a certain point.) and wait for it to do its melee attack where it smashes its heads into you, block the attack, then proceed to hit one of the heads, keep doing that and it'll fall.

  3. #1103
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Used the watchtower basement key and some stone fucker was at the bottom. Gave a juicy 3k exp and havel's ring

  4. #1104
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Holy sweet Jesus that hydra...I'm scared

  5. #1105
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,001
    BG Level
    7

    just encountered and died to stray demon, holy fuck that was mean lol

  6. #1106
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I'm actually fighting it right now lol. I always manage to get it to half HP before I get grazed by its red haze. 2hd Drake Sword that bitch and stay close. Forget about blocking lol

  7. #1107
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Holy shit.. Did anybody else grab the gold-hemmed armor set pass the second bell? It looks awesome(grim reaper-ish like the knights in LotR movies), strong as fuck and light as hell. I almost wanna think there's some type of penalty for wearing it but the description says nothing like that.

  8. #1108
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Just got bum rushed by kapra demon and his dogs, 20k souls and 3 humanity gonnnnne

  9. #1109
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Just made Stray Demon my bitch. Strategy and spoilers maybe.

    Spoiler: show
    When you get back to the asylum via the crow, make sure you don't walk onto the center of the area where you fought the Asylum Demon. Hug the walls and walk around to lure/clear the 2 lesser undead. If you don't kill them, they WILL fight against you with the Stray Demon boss. There's also a bonfire in the room to the right before falling down. When you're ready, pull out a 2hd weapon or 2hd the Drake Sword, and walk over the floor in front of the entrance and you'll drop to the bottom where the Stray Demon is.

    When you fall, roll away and heal immediately cause sometimes he likes to start with an overhead slam that can 1shot you. He also has a lot of attacks that have additional aoe to them, so keeping as much HP as you can helps a lot. Get in close and behind him, like the Asylum Demon fight. This way, you'll limit him to two attacks for the most part. The first is the impact attack where he crushes the ground with his axe and creates a red haze. The safe distance of this from behind seems to be where his tail ends. Once the haze starts to dissipate, walk/roll in, take 1-2 swings and back off. He'll do one of three things afterwards. Another impact attack, track you to try and do his other attacks or fly up and try to land on you. If he does his impact attack, rinse, repeat til he's dead. If he decides to fly up, back off a little bit and circle around him going left (locked-on). This way, you'll avoid two things: 1. the small aoe he creates when he lands (dust, cloud, and shit), and 2. His weapon. I made the mistake of strafing to the right and learned the hard way that his weapon also does damage.

    After he lands, get up close and behind him. Take it slow and steady and voila, winning. Gewd luck!

  10. #1110
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    I need to get Havel's ring next. I upped the BK Sword to +2 and it beats Drakes easy. I just need go get some more twinkling titanite from Hawk Girl.

    Sitting at +5 on the Iaito katana... not sure what path to upgrade now.
    Armor wise I am rocking most of the Eastern set. Need to up END so I can get the body on and still roll.

  11. #1111
    Onto plan B...
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    913
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Holy shit.. Did anybody else grab the gold-hemmed armor set pass the second bell? It looks awesome(grim reaper-ish like the knights in LotR movies), strong as fuck and light as hell. I almost wanna think there's some type of penalty for wearing it but the description says nothing like that.
    Wait, where is this? You mean in Quelaag's domain? I didn't go past the bell besides to hit up the bonfire. Btw, is there any benefit to joining the chaos servant covenant for a melee? I joined cause I thought it would be cool but got a stupid Pyromancy spell. Great fireball I think? ._. Also, make sure to make the flying leap for the Iaito in Blighttown, it'll be a close leap but you can make it...

  12. #1112
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    lololol
    Iron Golem Boss
    Spoiler: show
    Thing kept knocking me off the platform and killing me whenever I'd get him down to an inch of his life. On like my eighth attempt, he moved near the ledge and I swung until his legs buckled. Then I swung some more and he fell backwards into the pit and I won.

  13. #1113
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    I really need to find/upgrade some better but not overpowered weapons. I've been using Longsword +2 forever. Lol. Starting to get ridiculous on how many non-backstabs it takes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    Wait, where is this? You mean in Quelaag's domain? I didn't go past the bell besides to hit up the bonfire. Btw, is there any benefit to joining the chaos servant covenant for a melee? I joined cause I thought it would be cool but got a stupid Pyromancy spell. Great fireball I think? ._. Also, make sure to make the flying leap for the Iaito in Blighttown, it'll be a close leap but you can make it...
    The room with the second bell has a set of stairs going down. Follow the path there and you come to a new, dead end, area with a boss and that armor. You can walk pass the boss and grab the armor, die, then leave. I'm trying to kill it at the moment. Pretty tough, though.

    Iaito? Where's it at? I must've missed it, unless it's after the spinning elevator thing. I plan on goin there after this.

  14. #1114
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,222
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    How many arrow/bolts am I looking at for killing the dragon's tail? I'm assuming that one sword is from the dragon you meet shortly after the first boss that decides to rape you.


    On that note, am I supposed to just gun it down that path before I get burnt to a crisp, or change locations at this point in the game?

  15. #1115
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Totally bought helm of the wise for 12k souls just because it looks awesome.

  16. #1116
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    How many arrow/bolts am I looking at for killing the dragon's tail? I'm assuming that one sword is from the dragon you meet shortly after the first boss that decides to rape you.


    On that note, am I supposed to just gun it down that path before I get burnt to a crisp, or change locations at this point in the game?
    Roughly 50 arrows if you don't suck at shooting.

    Stick to the right as you go down the dragon bridge holding your shield up, you should be able to survive the first breath then book it down the stairwell ASAP. It took me a couple tries.

  17. #1117
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    If your dex is low it can take 70+ as it did for myself

  18. #1118
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I'm sitting at a bonfire a bell rung and the fire just spit out an extra flask charge wth

  19. #1119
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    uh so i just killed the black knight at the top of the tower, i dont see the dragon for me to shoot aond get 10k souls am i in the wrong place?

  20. #1120
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Look downish, there's a spot on the tower where it's broken, go stand there and you should be able to shoot it.

Page 56 of 352 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2022-07-05, 20:48
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 2015-07-31, 14:13
  3. Sonic Generations(20th Anniversary)(360/PS3/3DS/PC)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 2013-04-08, 18:52
  4. The Game of Thrones RPG (PC/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2013-03-01, 20:31
  5. Binary Domain (PS3/360/PC)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-07-07, 11:38