Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
  1. #21
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Are they doing these miniupdates so they can spread the time between major updates even further? Usually after a December update there's a March update. But if they do a miniupdate in Feb we probably won't see a full version update till like May or June...
    We still don't know what this years frequency of updates will be like. Probably won't until they announce future plans or the version update itself is announced.

  2. #22
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,672
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    If the weapons are indeed going to be upgradable who is willing to bet that Drk and Cor are going to get stuck with Macc on their weapons?

  3. #23
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    992
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Most misleading use of the word galore since Pussy Galore.

    Revised recipe for pet food is awesome though. Current version is largely unavailable since it requires rauszor meat. But since Eta gives something on the order of 20 or 25% more HP back than Zeta, BSTs are going to be pretty happy with this.

    I mean fuck SE fuck dead game fuck my life fuck you.

  4. #24
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    If the weapons are indeed going to be upgradable who is willing to bet that Drk and Cor are going to get stuck with Macc on their weapons?
    Nah, COR will get MAB while DRK gets something along the lines of "Enhances Absorb spells" and Critical Hit Damage + while none of its WS can crit.

  5. #25
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    Nah, COR will get MAB while DRK gets something along the lines of "Enhances Absorb spells" and Critical Hit Damage + while none of its WS can crit.
    That would help on their melee phase though. It'll be

    Scythe Weaponskills: Critical Hit Rate +15%, Critical hit Damage +15%

    for Vorpal Scythe.


    Anyway, in seriousness... I'm happy that they're lowering the cost of Retrace and making Pet Food Eta more available... I mean first they forgot to put the recipe IN the game, and then we realize its fking Ruszor meat... Which im 99% positive if the only mob family (outside of Beastmen/some sea mobs) that are not in Abyssea, so even farming them there is impossible, making the only known locations Beauc(S).

    I think i'd more readily accept the idea of Dragon Meat... But my money is on Buffalo Meat, seems like the next logical jump.

    And of course I've saved like 20 stacks of it on my mule, that i got from Bluffalo Parties, ready to flood the AH when the price jumps. if not, Woo making like 30k at the NPC.

  6. #26
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    812
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    We still don't know what this years frequency of updates will be like. Probably won't until they announce future plans or the version update itself is announced.
    Did I miss something? I believe they announced the next major update at the exact same time that they announced the minor update. I believe they said March for the major one, per usual.

    Edit: Hmm, I can't find it now. Maybe I was dreaming?

  7. #27
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Did I miss something? I believe they announced the next major update at the exact same time that they announced the minor update. I believe they said March for the major one, per usual.

    Edit: Hmm, I can't find it now. Maybe I was dreaming?
    I don't think they specifically said the next major update would be in March. Just that FFXI would be seeing more frequent updates with a "fix patch" update being mid Feb..

  8. #28
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    812
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Yeah, I could've sworn I saw something saying the February minor update was coming in addition to the normal March update but I'm not seeing it now at all. Perhaps that's just how I perceived it when I first read the announcement and kept thinking that was the case ever since. Bummer.

  9. #29
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,430
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    More importantly, they just tweeted that they're trying to work out a way for us to store Crests and shit.

  10. #30
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,693
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    More importantly, they just tweeted that they're trying to work out a way for us to store Crests and shit.
    Trying to work out a way? Seems like it would only take a few copypastas of current code and some very slight modifications to add it to the same NPC that handles seals.

  11. #31
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    812
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    They have to make it sound difficult otherwise players will question why we haven't been able to do so since they came out.

  12. #32
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    883
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    Trying to work out a way? Seems like it would only take a few copypastas of current code and some very slight modifications to add it to the same NPC that handles seals.
    You assume this would be an easy task with S-E spaghetti code.

    E: I saw they had requests for crest storage, but nothing from them stating that NPC will start holing crests.

  13. #33
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,430
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Current storage items, I assume, work like this:
    Each normal item represents so many bits for their properties. Lets say one of the things they store is item type. So weapon, armor, usable item, whatever, that determines how the other properties are interpreted. The new storage slips are probably a new kind of item (storage slip) that tells the game to interpret all the bits devoted to properties as "trues" or "falses" where 1 denotes you having that item stored and 0 denotes you not having that item stored. If you had 64 bits worth of properties before, now you have 64 potential items you can store.

    This is why throwing away your storage slip irrevocably loses all of your items from storage (you're the only one with your slip), and why you can't store things that are under a trial. Still, it's a brilliant idea and I'm surprised it took them so freaking long to come up with it.

    You wouldn't want to do this with multiple items (like seals or crests) because instead of storing a 1 or a 0 (he has the seal or he doesn't), you'd have to store a number of seals (multiple bits) and the idea gets much less efficient. I doubt things like armor seals or +2 items will ever be storable, but I'd love for them to just expand Shami so he can hold the crests.

  14. #34
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,397
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Yeah, I could've sworn I saw something saying the February minor update was coming in addition to the normal March update but I'm not seeing it now at all.
    I'm positive you're right. I saw it too. Maybe it's buried in a tweet (or a translated Japanese tweet) somewhere.

  15. #35
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,970
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    They didn't announce a date for the major update - but they allude to it enough to make me think it's somewhat imminent.

  16. #36
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Like others have said, these mini-updates are just small fixes and stuff that they want to give us ahead of time, rather than making us wait until the actual update to receive those small gifts.

    Stuff like fixing exp outside abyssea, making more items storable, HOPEFULLY some magian fixes (stackable empyrean items and increase the 5 trial limit ), but that's it.

    Instead of having to wait until the next major update to receive these small changes, they're giving it to us ahead of time. What's not to like?

  17. #37
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,657
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    They didn't announce a date for the major update - but they allude to it enough to make me think it's somewhat imminent.
    They said mid-late Feb.

  18. #38
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    They're going to have to figure out wtf they're going to do with the partition-size issue on the PS2 before announcing anything 'big' (relative to what we expect from XI announcements).

    Regardless, cheap retrace is great. Wasted enough Allied Notes as-is on them because I couldn't be arsed to hand a blm 1k every time I wanted a quick trip to SanD[S].

  19. #39
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    324
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolutely Virtue View Post
    Revised recipe for pet food is awesome though. Current version is largely unavailable since it requires rauszor meat. But since Eta gives something on the order of 20 or 25% more HP.
    I didn't really think the recipe itself needed adjusting. Just that the drop rate of the meat was so lousy! I went and farmed the Ruzsor mobs as 90 BST/THF using Dipper Yuly (the slightly higher level Ruzsors as well) and it took me hours to get two stacks of meat. And I mean hours! Even then when I crafted them (level 96 cooking) I didn't get one single HQ synth. After that I hardly used the Eta because of the effort it took to craft them in the first place.... lol

  20. #40
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They're going to have to figure out wtf they're going to do with the partition-size issue on the PS2 before announcing anything 'big' (relative to what we expect from XI announcements).

    Regardless, cheap retrace is great. Wasted enough Allied Notes as-is on them because I couldn't be arsed to hand a blm 1k every time I wanted a quick trip to SanD[S].
    They already have. The space isnt an issue only that the way in which it was downloading updates was an issue. And theyre fixing it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Battle Adjustments (02/01/2011)
    By seiji in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 2011-02-03, 16:49
  2. Additions and Adjustments Galore! (12/06/2010)
    By Karbuncle in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 2010-12-06, 12:55