• Navigation
Page 138 of 301 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast
Results 2741 to 2760 of 6009
  1. #2741
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    8 games better than none?

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/N...t-games-060611

    Also, Plaxico Burress was released this morning. 3 months early for good behavior.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...-Monday-060511

  2. #2742
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    yay, good for Plax

    hopefully he can be relevant somewhere this year

    edit: As for the 8 game season... from a pure watching football perspective, I wouldn't mind it because that plan includes time for minicamps and things for everyone to get sharp. However, have fun winning a superbowl and then hearing it was only from a shortened season for the rest of time.

  3. #2743
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    Kind of a huge douchewad, charity or not.
    Just watched the interview, I didn't see it as overly douchy. If he's guilty of anything it's having a bad sense of humor.

  4. #2744
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    As douchey as the guy is he's fucking right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Rivers
    I'm about to reach my limit, I'm going stir crazy," Rivers told me. "I think it's just unfortunate we've come to this. The game is at an all-time high. I'm not talking about revenue. I'm talking about popularity. We're essentially putting all of that at risk. I don't mean just players. I mean owners, everyone. I didn't think we’d ever be here. I'm still shocked we're at this point.

    "I grew up loving football as a game and I still do. The business side of it never appealed to me but I can't be a hypocrite. The business side has been beneficial to me but I always hated this part of it. It's not me. I don’t think it's a lot of players. Most players just want to get back to football."

  5. #2745
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,796
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Originally Posted by Philip Rivers
    I'm about to reach my limit, I'm going stir crazy," Rivers told me. "I think it's just unfortunate we've come to this. The game is at an all-time high. I'm not talking about revenue. I'm talking about popularity. We're essentially putting all of that at risk. I don't mean just players. I mean owners, everyone. I didn't think we’d ever be here. I'm still shocked we're at this point.

    "I grew up loving football as a game and I still do. The business side of it never appealed to me but I can't be a hypocrite. The business side has been beneficial to me but I always hated this part of it. It's not me. I don’t think it's a lot of players. Most players just want to get back to football.".
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dC0IVuO0vH...rsConfused.JPG
    rivers confused. on one hand want football, on other hand want bananas.

  6. #2746
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_im...-1024x1024.jpg

    "Yo dawg, i heard you like shields So we put a shield, onto your shield and added eighteen headlights."

    Monday Night football has officially been pimped.

  7. #2747
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,769
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-three-weeks/

    Report: Deal could come within two or three weeks


    Over the weekend, Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal reported via Twitter the existence of an expectation that a framework for a labor deal could come in two weeks.

    Now, Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that sources on both sides of the dispute said Tuesday that a deal could be struck in the next two to three weeks.

    From a marketing and P.R. standpoint, we think there’s tremendous value in trying to announce a new deal on the Wednesday or Thursday before the three-day Fourth of July weekend. That would require the agreement to be reached in 15 or 16 days.

    Several of you have asked for a full explanation of the steps from the two sides reaching an agreement in principle to establishing a full-blown Collective Bargaining Agreement. We’ll provide a flow chart later today.

  8. #2748
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    PLEASE GOD

  9. #2749
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,444
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    PLEASE GOD
    Now that the NBA season is over, there is zero sports. Midseason MLB? NHL is almost over, so what else? WNBA?

  10. #2750
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I like-a da baseball

    Rhinox has already begun his Cubs trolling in the MLB thread anyway.

  11. #2751
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    silly Dimmy. WNBA isn't a sport.

  12. #2752
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    I will not believe there is a deal until there is a deal

  13. #2753
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    http://www.bullshit.watever.org/nflol

    Favre is coming out of retirement if the deal comes through. Reports say he looked at a football 2 days ago.

  14. #2754
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    silly Dimmy. WNBA isn't a sport.
    Yet... the Water National Basketball Association could catch on if Michael Phelps or Tim Duncan endorses it.

  15. #2755
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    I will not believe there is a deal until there is a deal
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    PLEASE GOD
    And this.

  16. #2756
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,229
    BG Level
    7

    Summer really is a sports wasteland. Its saved by the world cup every 4 years, but otherwise its a random baseball game I dont care about and...Wimbledon. Women's tennis has become unbearable to watch though, so all thats left is the long ass mens games.

    Makes me think I just need to start playing soccer again and forget about sports for the next couple months.

    And seriously, please let this be true. The longer this goes on the more I have mini-heart attacks at the thought of no football. Least Freeman is setting up a minicamp with 2-a-days. I'm really loving this guy, talk about striking gold. I shoulda tried to sneak into IMG when teams were practicing there down in Bradenton...my home is like 5 minutes away lol, even on the same road.

  17. #2757
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    baseball is the best thing about summer gtfo

  18. #2758
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    Summer really is a sports wasteland.
    RAYS

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    baseball is the best thing about summer gtfo
    ^

  19. #2759
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,444
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    baseball is the best thing about summer gtfo
    I'll watch baseball np, I'll be watching the rangers and Yankees series this week. But it is still midseason...so meh

  20. #2760
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,769
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    I'd rather watch Division II women's track and field practice than watch a single inning of a Yankees v Red Sox game.

Page 138 of 301 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5888
    Last Post: 2012-08-31, 01:57
  2. Replies: 1689
    Last Post: 2012-06-27, 10:09
  3. Replies: 2529
    Last Post: 2011-10-05, 07:14
  4. NFL 2010 Offseason Thread
    By Headspace in forum Sports
    Replies: 7848
    Last Post: 2010-09-03, 09:34
  5. NFL Offseason transactions. Week l337
    By Mizango in forum Sports
    Replies: 4732
    Last Post: 2009-09-06, 13:51
  6. Replies: 733
    Last Post: 2008-08-30, 00:10
  7. NFL Playoffs Thread
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 2007-01-22, 05:10