• Navigation
Page 139 of 301 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 2761 to 2780 of 6009
  1. #2761
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,758
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...atter-of-days/


    Freeman: Some believe deal could come “within a matter of days”



    Well ,the good news keeps getting better.

    Just as I was prepared to write an item predicting that a new labor deal will be announced on June 30, our good friend Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com has reported that some of the parties in the negotiations believe an agreement could be reached “within a matter of days.”

    Freeman also reports that 80 to 85 percent of the next labor deal has been negotiated, and that the entire process has become very cordial, with smiles, handshakes, and smalltalk.

    “It’s going to be very difficult for this to get screwed up,” a source “with intimate knowledge of the discussions” told Freeman.

    For now, I’ll stick with the June 30 prediction. And if that prediction is wrong because the date selected is a week or two too late, then I don’t wanna be right.

  2. #2762
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I'd rather watch Division II women's track and field practice than watch a single inning of a Yankees v Red Sox game.
    wow you are gay

  3. #2763
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,758
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Baseball is a terrible sport. But hey, if it's gay to watch boobs bouncing whilst jumping up and down and strait to watch guys hit a ball on about 25% of plays, then call me Richard Simmons.

  4. #2764
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,758
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Enjoy your sport that is about as fast as growing grass.

  5. #2765
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    And people wonder why the Marlins can't draw fans.

    South Florida is pretty much just Jewish and Cuban Tyches.

  6. #2766
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    S.FL you may as well be in NY really. All yanks down there too.

  7. #2767
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    "god baseball is so slow"

    *turns on horse racing and golf*

  8. #2768
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Baseball is a terrible sport. But hey, if it's gay to watch boobs bouncing whilst jumping up and down and strait to watch guys hit a ball on about 25% of plays, then call me Richard Simmons.
    25%?

    Nigga must not be watching JOEY

    J-BRUCE

  9. #2769
    A Magic Ham Sandwich
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    25%?

    Nigga must not be watching JOEY

    J-BRUCE
    Think he made it pretty clear he wasn't

  10. #2770
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,758
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    "god baseball is so slow"

    *turns on horse racing and golf*
    As a Kentuckian, I hate horse racing with an unbridled passion (pun intended). Golf, def better than baseball. They make contact with 100% of their swings. If I can be completely honest, I watched more women's curling in the 1 month of the last winter olympics than I have of baseball the last two seasons combined. I honestly cannot tell you who won the world series last year. I think the phillies? I couldn't tell you who won the AL East last year either.

  11. #2771
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,758
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Golf, certainly much more fun to play than baseball. Not interested in getting to swing at a ball once every 2-3 innings, and being a part of a defensive play every once in a while. Baseball is largely a bunch of people standing around waiting for a slim chance of something happening.

  12. #2772
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Golf, certainly much more fun to play than baseball. Not interested in getting to swing at a ball once every 2-3 innings, and being a part of a defensive play every once in a while. Baseball is largely a bunch of people standing around waiting for a slim chance of something happening.
    golf is 100% more fun to play than baseball, but to watch? fuck no.

  13. #2773
    A Magic Ham Sandwich
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    As long as we all agree watching paint dry is way better than watching grass grow we can get along.

  14. #2774
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,229
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    RAYS
    Its midseason. I watch a game here and there, but I most certainly don't have a lot invested in any one game. Theres too many fucking games in baseball, I ramp it up (unfortunately) around the time football is starting. Fall time I'm pretty much obsessed with sports, especially on weekends.

  15. #2775
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    I most certainly don't have a lot invested in any one game.
    That's kind of what I like about baseball though. When there's not much happening on any particular night, you grab a few beers, maybe some burgers for the grill (or Foreman depending on apartment zoning restrictions) and kick back for a couple hours. It's not the ZOMGWTFBBQ intensity of football but it gets me from the Stanley Cup Finals to the SEC-ACC kickoff.

  16. #2776
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    That's kind of what I like about baseball though. When there's not much happening on any particular night, you grab a few beers, maybe some burgers for the grill (or Foreman depending on apartment zoning restrictions) and kick back for a couple hours. It's not the ZOMGWTFBBQ intensity of football but it gets me from the Stanley Cup Finals to the SEC-ACC kickoff.
    Yes. Get home, sit back, "Oh nice the Braves game is on," chill.

  17. #2777
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,229
    BG Level
    7

    Dont get me wrong I agree, i just dont really ever...look foward to games, unless it happens to be a Price vs Sabathia game (or Hellickson lately...).

    I also don't have cable TV for the first time in...ever. So not like I just randomly turn the game on. Its driving me fucking crazy.

  18. #2778
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    I watch a gamecast on mlb.com almost every night.

    i am baseballame

  19. #2779
    Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,097
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

    Why is it the most action this thread has seen in awhile is involving talking about baseball. Traitors.

  20. #2780
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Traitors?

    THE LEAGUE AND OWNERS GAVE UP ON US

Page 139 of 301 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5888
    Last Post: 2012-08-31, 01:57
  2. Replies: 1689
    Last Post: 2012-06-27, 10:09
  3. Replies: 2529
    Last Post: 2011-10-05, 07:14
  4. NFL 2010 Offseason Thread
    By Headspace in forum Sports
    Replies: 7848
    Last Post: 2010-09-03, 09:34
  5. NFL Offseason transactions. Week l337
    By Mizango in forum Sports
    Replies: 4732
    Last Post: 2009-09-06, 13:51
  6. Replies: 733
    Last Post: 2008-08-30, 00:10
  7. NFL Playoffs Thread
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 2007-01-22, 05:10