Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 125
  1. #81
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    If you can't play without BMN, you are retarded.
    I'm starting to think most people can't play without plugins and shit out the ass.

  2. #82
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Yeah, I can safely say I would quit ffxi if windower was gone.

  3. #83
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I'm starting to think most people can't play without plugins and shit out the ass.
    Only plugins I use out of dire reliance are distance, bmn and spellcast. TParty is more just convenience, but since no one really skillchains anymore, who cares. expwatch doesnt work in abyssea, I dont use abyssea lightcounter, its useless since NM's / eph's give stronger lights, but its not accounted for. Statustimer/yarnball are kinda useless as well if youre spending all your time in abyssea, since using chests/confluxing stops time.

  4. #84
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I'm starting to think most people can't play without plugins and shit out the ass.
    The only plugin I can't live without is Spellcast ^^; Stupid macro limitations... Of course Yarnball and Recast are quite handy too... but I've never really used BMN, Timestamp, etc; just never saw a need for them.

  5. #85
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    To expand on what those guys said:

    Playing whm is a pain without BMN, the guys I trio stuff with blink for damn near every action. I'll still manage, it's just more irritating.

    I like yarnball too, but that's mostly for haste on whm. When I'm on rdm my buffs last longer anyway so it gives me a very rough estimate of when to recast, not quite as useful.

    Spellcast is a godsend. It takes out the irritating part of dusk gear, and makes thief a lot less of a pain to macro. Especially love it for blm af2 legs/twilight cape/artemis and uggy pendants.

    Distance is sex incarnate when you're playing a healer. I guess it's nice too for pulling shit but that's not really hard to judge in the first place.

    Could I play without those? Yeah. Would I be enjoying myself as much? No. I love being as efficient as possible.

  6. #86
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    462
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by ryskar View Post
    To expand on what those guys said:

    Playing whm is a pain without BMN, the guys I trio stuff with blink for damn near every action. I'll still manage, it's just more irritating.
    Try <stpt> and <stal>, solves your problem.

  7. #87
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    So I zoned both characters into Behemoth's Dominion to do some Field of Valor and it dropped me straight out completely.

    Edit: nevermind, I did a check files and it found 3 corrupt ones... repaired and all ok now.

  8. #88
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Just tried to skillup parry on abyssea-altep mandys, about 15mins of every single one hitting me and not even a .1. Any mentions of skillup buff being broken on ffxitwitter?

  9. #89
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,657
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    WHM is easy w/o bmn lol.. /ma "cure III" <p2>, etc.
    And spellcast sucks.

    I guess playing for how ever many years before windower came out helps.
    QQ I cant change all my gear and do 5 things with one button press, I R RAGE QUIT NOWZ

  10. #90
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Actually screw that, I tried logging in via legit pol and its doing the same thing. Zoning into BD completely borked me.

  11. #91
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I'm starting to think most people can't play without plugins and shit out the ass.
    Unless you're Kuno. Then you can't play without plugins the ass.

    Mithras: So bad, even a hume can replace them.

  12. #92
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    And spellcast sucks.
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...if-serious.jpg

  13. #93
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Just did a few Draguas, working as intended.

  14. #94
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    unloaded blinkmenot, warped out to tahrongi engaged a mob to see if something would happen and..

    http://i53.tinypic.com/2r7oqyc.png
    Overclocked VRAM and warmer ambient temps where you're at?

  15. #95
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I commend the effort, but it looks like they screwed up more than they fixed.

  16. #96
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    WHM is easy w/o bmn lol.. /ma "cure III" <p2>, etc.
    And spellcast sucks.

    I guess playing for how ever many years before windower came out helps.
    QQ I cant change all my gear and do 5 things with one button press, I R RAGE QUIT NOWZ
    Or use spellcast and do //cure3 x or something instead of using a bunch of macros for the same spell... and I'm pretty sure a lot of us played before the windower came out, too. That shitty "I'm oldschool and hardcore, I don't need no windower!" attitude is just grating. But yeah, enjoy being a horrifically inefficient whm.

  17. #97
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,789
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Currently in r0 limbo on my char. Kept d/cing at whitegate/alzhabi zoneline after I turned in pics for zeni. Anyone else experiencing something similar as well or is it just my end?

  18. #98
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I went from 130ish Ninjutsu skill to 215 in about 1 and a half hours in Kuftal. I don't know how that compares to pre-update, but it seemed pretty fast to me.

  19. #99
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    killing DC dhalmel in bibiki, got a .2 and .4 right off the bat, but then nothing. about .7 skill gain total in 3 mobs. Not a huge sample size but its definitely not a huge improvement. This is with "martial master" active, too.

    edit: seems sporatic at best. person skilling with me went 90-140 in 20 min while i'm struggling at 234 skill. but it DOES seem to kick in at times:

    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...214_171609.jpg

  20. #100
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    179
    BG Level
    3

    Shield 295-361 in ~1 hr. 23 lvls of parry on pld in a couple hours. Seems much faster than it used to be to me. Supertanking, but it was never that fast before.

    Edit: Randoming turning into a hume male or a mithra in starter gear

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The May Version Update Approacheth! (05/02/2012)
    By Toth in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2012-05-05, 01:51
  2. The New Version Update Draws Nigh (04/15/2011)
    By Eldelphia in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2011-04-16, 17:46
  3. Scars of Abyssea Trailer Goes Live! (09/02/2010)
    By Baelorn in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 2010-09-06, 20:20