Page 33 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 22330
  1. #641
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Venus:

  2. #642
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Also, for those who were complaining about the three person party size, the game's raids are going to be six person events that are supposed to be longer than strike missions. I'd provide a link, but it's from one of those sites we're not allowed to link..

  3. #643
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,304
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    Unfortunately, it's six players from your friends list only. Going to upset a ton of people with that choice.

  4. #644
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    Unfortunately, it's six players from your friends list only. Going to upset a ton of people with that choice.
    Why would it be friends only when you can already group with randoms in the 3 man strikes? If thats true then its dumb =/

  5. #645
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    "they're super ultra hard and require coordinated teams of people who can communicate" or something to that effect

  6. #646
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    "they're super ultra hard and require coordinated teams of people who can communicate" or something to that effect
    What? Can't DF for Coil 2!!?

  7. #647
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,304
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    Yeah the latest interview about raids on IGN. Talks about not allowing matchmaking for em. Super dumb.

  8. #648
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    I understand the criticism, but at the same time, I can see why they're doing them like this. Bungie is trying to create an MMOFPS, and this is a step in that direction. The problem is, as it stands, they haven't come out and explained any guild type structure that will let people become friends with the random people they meet in game. I don't know how many of you did the strike missions multiple times, but even in those, as short as they were, I had people quit. One of the times my group was fighting the Devil Walker, one person went over to the room on the far left (where the dead ghost was). He got killed, and neither of us went to revive him since it'd be suicidal to get that close to the Walker (at least that was my reasoning, maybe the other dude just didn't care). And of course, as soon as he could respawn, he dropped, leaving us to finish the mission with two people. If these raids are significantly longer and harder, I can understand Bungie taking steps to add culpability to players and prevent them from just dropping out of frustration. You don't want to be two hours in, have someone who gets pissed because no one came to revive them across the map, and then screw the other five people over.

  9. #649
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,255
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    All I've ever wanted was to lose the 3 limit in EXPLORE mode. Why can random ass people I don't care about play with me but not my friends? Pretty dumb.

  10. #650
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,451
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    You can make/join a guild/group on the Destiny site (I almost made one for BG, but I didn't want to put in the effort) and it will show under your user name in the player list. I came across a few people that were in those. It's just that in-game communication is absolute shit and I typically have notifications turned off so I never see any invites I receive.

  11. #651
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I understand the criticism, but at the same time, I can see why they're doing them like this. Bungie is trying to create an MMOFPS, and this is a step in that direction. The problem is, as it stands, they haven't come out and explained any guild type structure that will let people become friends with the random people they meet in game. I don't know how many of you did the strike missions multiple times, but even in those, as short as they were, I had people quit. One of the times my group was fighting the Devil Walker, one person went over to the room on the far left (where the dead ghost was). He got killed, and neither of us went to revive him since it'd be suicidal to get that close to the Walker (at least that was my reasoning, maybe the other dude just didn't care). And of course, as soon as he could respawn, he dropped, leaving us to finish the mission with two people. If these raids are significantly longer and harder, I can understand Bungie taking steps to add culpability to players and prevent them from just dropping out of frustration. You don't want to be two hours in, have someone who gets pissed because no one came to revive them across the map, and then screw the other five people over.
    that is so fucking lame lol

  12. #652
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    as a minor plus, I was a bit worried about how they said raids would be really long, like multiple hours of work, hard to coordinate that much time with 5 friends all at once but according to a post on GAF:
    We store insertion points for you each week.

    You can resume where you and your group left off. That way, you can play an encounter or two, call it a night, get back together and pick up later in the week.

    Each week, your progress and loot eligibility is reset.
    (A given encounter only rewards players once a week)

  13. #653
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    That's comforting to hear.

    On the note of dropping, I really hope they institute some type of penalty for leaving PvP games early. That got real old, real fast.

  14. #654
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Did anyone play / enjoy the beta who is not typically an FPS gamer? I'm pretty interested in giving this a whirl, but have not played an FPS seriously in ages.

  15. #655
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,255
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Did anyone play / enjoy the beta who is not typically an FPS gamer? I'm pretty interested in giving this a whirl, but have not played an FPS seriously in ages.
    Right here. The only other FPS I've ever played was Borderlands. I spent about 40 hours in the beta.

  16. #656
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Well, the game is definitely a shooter primarily with MMORPG elements. I think it comes down to how much/why you don't play FPSs. Do you not play them because you don't like the competitive PvP, or do you just not like the gameplay of shooters. You don't need to be a bro-gamer who picks up every CoD/BF etc type game to enjoy it, but if you don't like FPS/shooter games at all, I don't think it will be especially enjoyable.

  17. #657
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    I think where the game offers an alternative is the open world pve mutiplayer environment similar to borderlands that attracts people who might not otherwise like shooters because they tend to be competitive pvp

  18. #658
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Well, the game is definitely a shooter primarily with MMORPG elements. I think it comes down to how much/why you don't play FPSs. Do you not play them because you don't like the competitive PvP, or do you just not like the gameplay of shooters. You don't need to be a bro-gamer who picks up every CoD/BF etc type game to enjoy it, but if you don't like FPS/shooter games at all, I don't think it will be especially enjoyable.
    Kuya kind of nailed the "why?" aspect of it. I actually enjoy PVP, but time is limited these days and I just typically have stuck to what I know best (ARPG, RPG, MMO, Worms Armageddon)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    I think where the game offers an alternative is the open world pve mutiplayer environment similar to borderlands that attracts people who might not otherwise like shooters because they tend to be competitive pvp
    I've wasted like two hours this morning just Googling around about the game. Sounds like there's a good amount of PVE content between Strikes, Bounties, Nightfall missions, etc. to keep most people fairly busy; Raids will obviously be an additional timesink for those who can piece a 6-man team together. Not sure I understand PVP though; it just rewards reputation and currency which you can use for upgrades? Items too?

    I don't know why they don't just add a XIV-like Party Finder option for the raids. It's not quite random matchmaking, and if they allowed you to set an iLVL like restriction and make some textual stipulations in a comment box, it could work fairly well.

  19. #659
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    i absolutely don't get the item reward system for crucible, it always seems completely random and arbitrary, am I just missing something? people talk about getting ships and awesome gear, but the few times I even got items they were white garbage?

  20. #660
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Did anyone play / enjoy the beta who is not typically an FPS gamer? I'm pretty interested in giving this a whirl, but have not played an FPS seriously in ages.
    I fall into this category as well. I probably spent a total of 8 hours playing the Beta, and I really enjoyed the exploration / single player, and had a great experience with the 3-man strike. I don't do FPS online, though, and it showed in my performance in the Crucible, my scores weren't just bad, they were embarrassing.

    That being said, I still pre-ordered the game and am very interested in playing the solo missions and/or cooperative strike teams.

Page 33 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yakuza Zero: The Oath’s Place (PS3/PS4) | Legends (PS4)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2025-09-26, 09:48
  2. Watch_Dogs (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/WiiU)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 619
    Last Post: 2020-11-06, 15:55
  3. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PC/PS3/PS4/XB1/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2015-06-05, 08:47
  4. Sleeping Dogs HD (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 2014-09-25, 10:22
  5. Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate (PS4/XB1/PS3/Vita)
    By Tobi in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2014-08-09, 09:10
  6. FIFA `14 (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/Wii/Vita/3DS/PSP/Mobile)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2014-05-30, 15:58