Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,206
    BG Level
    6

    Was this Q&A even worth making a thread over? Just seems like a lot of fluff questions this time around, and lot of lazy excuses on SE's part.

    How about confirming the rumor that you aren't raising the level cap next month SE? Or whether or not we'll ever see another expansion and not just more add-on scenarios.

  2. #22
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,656
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    I can't believe people are bitching about this in any way. Shut up before SE thinks we liked it better when people like Bercus had to fight tooth and nail to get an interview that came back with 75% of the answers being, "we'll look into it, PS2 limitations, and fuck you we like Kings the way they are!" If you don't like the RP style of way they're answering the questions then follow the twitter. They seem to be doing these small Q&As more and more often even if they are fluff at least it shows that the Dev team is actually reading our comments and giving us feedback (albeit that they most likely don't get most if any of the NA/EU comments.)

  3. #23
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    2nd hating on these, especially when they try to do shit like "My good friend and comrade Skyserpent General Rughadjeen has been behaving rather strangely during Besieged battles, and I can't help but feel concerned. To describe a symptom, using either Protect V or Shell V on the man causes him to go on an enhancing magic casting binge. Are the stresses of prolonged conflict taking their toll on poor Rughadjeen?" No one fucking talks like that, that is not how people talk, and that is most fucking definitely not the original question. Although, I suppose it could be, since the original question was probably JP and they can fit a ton more stuff into a tiny twitter post.

    Shouldn't we be getting news posts for the update that's supposed to be coming soon?
    The forums are coming next week, so I expect them to handle it after that point.

    The twitter is the direct source of information, the Q&A posts are just rehashes for those that don't read the twitter feed.

  4. #24
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Was this Q&A even worth making a thread over? Just seems like a lot of fluff questions this time around, and lot of lazy excuses on SE's part.

    How about confirming the rumor that you aren't raising the level cap next month SE? Or whether or not we'll ever see another expansion and not just more add-on scenarios.
    When you say rumor, do you mean "something I just made up because I am an angry, cynical player with no evidence but you have to be evil and hate the players"?

  5. #25
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    I can't believe people are bitching about this in any way. Shut up before SE thinks we liked it better when people like Bercus had to fight tooth and nail to get an interview that came back with 75% of the answers being, "we'll look into it, PS2 limitations, and fuck you we like Kings the way they are!" If you don't like the RP style of way they're answering the questions then follow the twitter. They seem to be doing these small Q&As more and more often even if they are fluff at least it shows that the Dev team is actually reading our comments and giving us feedback (albeit that they most likely don't get most if any of the NA/EU comments.)
    Seriously, this. Even if you guys don't like the questions or answers, at least they are bothering. Remember how long we heard "a new Avatar is around the corner"? How many times we asked them to fix ??? respawn timers with nary a peep back? Or they would, after years of asking, answer something with an incomprehensible video? I guess people are too well off right now that they can complain about the floweriness of the questions and answers. I would pleasurably peruse a plenitude of purple prose passages (hell yeah, alliteration) if it means that the dev team finally cares about little things that will make our lives easier. If it takes something like this next statement to call attention to a situation that needs to be fixed, then I am all for it.

    My Dearest FFXI Team,

    I hope that this correspondence finds you well, but I have a question of the utmost urgency. Why are fire and light weather so uncommon in the great world of Vana'diel? Did these weather patterns commit some unspeakable wrong that slighted you in your youth, such as steal your lunch money or give you wedgies? Perhaps these weather patterns showed up at your sister's wedding without an invitation, drank all of the alcohol, toppled the wedding cake, then took a tinkle in the card box? I have great certainty that the acts of these two rouge weather phenomena were terribly egregious, but could you please open your hearts to them and find forgiveness and compassion to allow them to be more frequent visitors to the world of Vana'diel, so that we can more readily finish our Trial of the Magian weapons?
    If that makes my fire trials less terrible, I will write a dozen of those happily.

  6. #26
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    Never understood why fire weather was so rare in Ifrit's Cauldron.

  7. #27
    But I don't want my title changed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,486
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    When you say rumor, do you mean "something I just made up because I am an angry, cynical player with no evidence but you have to be evil and hate the players"?
    Some guy who apparently "has been right in the past" said that SE wasn't raising the level cap this update and is just revamping ZNM, I'd have to look back to see who it was that said it though.

  8. #28
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Gilgam, mentioned salvage and dynamis as well though. Who knows til we see the update notes though.

  9. #29
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Gilgam, mentioned salvage and dynamis as well though. Who knows til we see the update notes though.
    I'm curious what revamping these things means. Make them new with slight tweaks?

  10. #30
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,206
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    When you say rumor, do you mean "something I just made up because I am an angry, cynical player with no evidence but you have to be evil and hate the players"?

    I meant just that, a rumor, because wasn't it revealed from some JP blog? If it hasn't been stated by SE officially, technically it's a rumor until proven otherwise. That's all I meant, no hostility dude.

  11. #31
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    I would love to see updates to those events, or most events outside abyssea that were forgotten.

  12. #32
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    I think the real question here is, who the fuck is asking all these worthless fucking questions. Also, why do they keep throwing shit from their twitter on to their front page? Who in the fuck could possibly ever give two shits or a fuck about some NPC in beseiged let alone anything that has to do with ToAU outside of getting alexander and odin?! Also, who the fuck is complaining about question marks >_>? I will fuck you in the mouth when I find you.

  13. #33
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    I think the real question here is, who the fuck is asking all these worthless fucking questions. Also, why do they keep throwing shit from their twitter on to their front page? Who in the fuck could possibly ever give two shits or a fuck about some NPC in beseiged let alone anything that has to do with ToAU outside of getting alexander and odin?! Also, who the fuck is complaining about question marks >_>? I will fuck you in the mouth when I find you.
    Jp Jp Jp Jp, lalala, Jp Jp Jp~

  14. #34
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    You mean rarara.

  15. #35
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    ha

  16. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    believe it or not, not everyone knows how (or bothers) to use twitter. Thats what the Q&A front page posts are for.
    Whichever the case, its better than back when we heard nothing from them for over 2 months before they start posting something cryptic.

    Also, I believe the typically March update might be pushed into early April, considering how the "1 month teaser" has yet to pop up at the end of February. No biggie, I guess, and probably a change in the pattern since there are mini-updates to factor in now..

    If you want your questions to be heard, I'd still suggest tweeting at @FFXI_EN. They probably read that, but on a lower priority than the JP one (its got 3 times as many followers anyway), or use google translate to translate your tweet and ask @FFXI_JP.

    Alternatively, we could work out a bunch of NA FAQs which JPs seem to ignore, work it into JP with the help of some JP speaking players in our community (myself included) and then tweet spam them lol.

  17. #37
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,753
    BG Level
    7

    Not that I'm one of the people bitching about interviews(seriously, shut the fuck up), but you all realize that you can see their twitter feed on the POL homepage, right? You literally just scroll and read. Not hard.

  18. #38
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    194
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    How is the information being in two places a bad thing? Seriously.

  19. #39
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    because its redundant and fucking retarded and a huge waste of time

  20. #40
    Insert witty title here
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,191
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    because its redundant and fucking retarded and a huge waste of time
    ...is this a serious post? If it is, are you really that upset at being forced to read it twice?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (01/20/2011)
    By Krazy in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 2011-05-08, 09:45
  2. The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (07/03/2011)
    By brozy in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2011-03-07, 19:35
  3. The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/18/2011)
    By MaachaQ in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2011-02-24, 03:41
  4. The FINAL FANTASY XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/04/2011)
    By Eldelphia in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 2011-02-18, 11:49
  5. The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/10/2011)
    By Fereydoon in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 2011-02-14, 11:11
  6. The FINAL FANTASY XI Team Answers Your Questions! (01/28/2011)
    By 6souls in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2011-02-01, 00:33
  7. The FINAL FANTASY XI Team Answers Your Questions! (12/22/2010)
    By shadee in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2010-12-30, 22:11
  8. A Message from the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (12/10/2010)
    By Kimiko in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 2010-12-15, 22:08