Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 144

Thread: Ninja Gaiden 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #81
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    703
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I assumed he meant that you fight that boss at 3 different points in the game. I could be mistaken though.

  2. #82
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Depressing review, early videos and impressions didn't look good, but I never envisioned it would be panned so badly. As for the one weapon thing, they've already said they're releasing free weapon DLC at the very least. Seems like picking this up a little later down the line when the price drops won't be a bad idea, since the DLC should be out by then too. Right now it seems the only reason to pick this up is the DOA5 demo, lol.

  3. #83
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Casual Gaiden 3



    But the guy sounded like he was the typical bored ign reviewer anyways. Hopeful on a better review.

  4. #84
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    I'll wait to hear your all opinions before I decide to buy it or not.

    Though the review is just bashing the game. Moreover, while I thought #2 was gutwretching hard and I wouldn't mind an easier one, this one sounds much much easier

  5. #85
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Shipping with ONE fucking weapon in a Ninja gaiden game

    Super fuckin casual mode

    Escort Missions?


    Rest in Peace Ninja Gaiden Franchise

    Team ninja needs Itagki

  6. #86
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph



    no combo counter etc

  7. #87
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    So fucking disappointed they can disgrace the franchise like that

  8. #88
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,098
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    sure is 3.0 in here

  9. #89
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    A 3? Dang. Itadaki must be rollin' in his grave.

  10. #90
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    So fucking disappointed they can disgrace the franchise like that
    That video review makes me sad. Still gonna get it for the sake of getting it tomorrow, but now I know more of what to expect. It looks almost as if they mixed Ninja Blade into it...which is fucking terrible.

    I'm just gonna hold my breath and poker face this one, hoping for the best.

  11. #91
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

  12. #92
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,340
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    A 3? Dang. Itadaki must be rollin' in his grave.
    What grave? Dude is having fun making this:
    http://www.abload.de/img/devilsthird_slicedicehfxa.gif

  13. #93
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Just got home with the CE. I don't have much time to play before work, but this is the best part of the game so far.


  14. #94
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,098
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    let us know how quickly you regret your purchase

  15. #95
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Gotta head out now, but 20 minutes in on Hard so far and it definitely doesn't feel like Mentor mode at all. The attack combinations aren't as fluid as the previous titles. I haven't looked at the move lists, but it feels like they mashed up a bunch of moves together, so you end up doing three different things trying to perform Izuna Drop. The pace is noticeably slower so far.

  16. #96
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,521
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    The new entry in the Ninja Gaiden franchise released today for major consoles, but according to a post on Destructoid, the online passes that came packed with the game don’t quite work. The site’s own review of Ninja Gaiden 3 was to be held from publication until they could access the online multiplayer portion of the game—which they couldn’t do prior to release because the online pass wasn’t active yet.

    But now that the game’s out, Destructoid as well as other gamers who have bought the game on its official release date have been unable to redeem the online passes. The folks at Game Informer are having similar troubles. Furthermore, the Destructoid post notes that “you can buy a working code from the Xbox Live marketplace, which seems to indicate that the ones packed in with the game are all broken.”

    Over on the European Facebook page for Tecmo, however, someone at the publisher posted this message: “The online passes for NINJA GAIDEN 3 will start working on this Friday, March 23rd (the official release date) in Europe.”

    That is damned odd. And more than a little annoying for those who’ve bought the game in other territories and for those who need to review it. Though maybe this is like when a bad movie comes out, and the film company doesn’t give any early screenings to reviewers, so that their terrible reviews don’t hit the papers until after people have already bought their opening weekend tickets. If Ninja Gaiden 3 is anything like Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for the Vita, then my theory might prove to be correct. JUST SAYING.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...s-not-working/
    http://www.destructoid.com/ninja-gai...g-224220.phtml
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...line-pass.aspx
    https://www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope
    https://www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope...50650833346785

  17. #97
    Prime Minister of Salt

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,590
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I think I just got screwed on the online pass- didn't come with the CE. Even the DoA vouch doesn't work :/

  18. #98
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Just got home, about to pop NG3 in since I didn't get the Valiant I wanted in ME3. It looks like they're scrapping the whole swords-only idea since they're releasing the Falcon Talons and Eclipse Scythe.

    clicky

    Edit: The controls are slightly changed with the bow attacks and takes some getting used to with X or Square being the whole steel on bone thing. It throws you off a little bit when you're trying to do specific moves. Earlier, I thought they were completely new techniques, but after going through the first two chapters, it's really just a sort of Obliteration technique. I think it would've been wiser to put it back on the Y or Triangle button, but it's not too bad. It just takes a little adjusting to. Other than that, most of move sets are solid for the beginning. The camera is maybe marginally better...It still has that funky perspective that it auto-adjusts to a few feet above your head, but it's been easier to manage, especially with camera speed.

    The Regent fight is easy, but really cool. Probably one of the early highlights of the game thus far. The whole level I died maybe twice while trying to study the Regent's moves. Casual fo'sho.

    As for the multiplayer...It sucks dinosaur dick as expected. I think there was something like 16 players total for Xbox? I kept facing the same guys. You only start out with like...3 moves and limited shurikens and arrows, so you're gonna die a lot until level 5 or so when you get Blade of Nirrti ( X, Y, X, X, X) and then Izuna Drop at 6 or something. There's only three levels and the targeting drags a bit.

  19. #99
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,218
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Hey zero or death did u get any broken figure on your CE? Ryu blade on mine is broken and the soundtrack case is sort of broken on the inside( disc is fine just the case inside that is broken) ohh and mine didnt bring online pass lol

  20. #100
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I'm glad you mentioned it because I hadn't taken a look at the figure yet. Mine was fine. I haven't checked out the DoA pass, but everything else seems to work okay so far. I can see how the blade would be broken since the packaging isn't really padded or secured... Sorry to hear that man :\

    Did you guys get it for 360 or PS3 btw? I hear the coop mode is really fun. Trying to breeze through Hard mode now to unlock it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 2009-10-07, 20:09