Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 186

Thread: BG SC2 TOURNE ATTEMPT #2!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,695
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Also, are people ok with posting their replays? I intend to post all mines on here for all to view (whether it be good or bad) just for entertainments sake... perhaps even getting tips to get better as well.
    I guess we could but I'd say it'd be better to wait until it's over so people can't study you too much. I was talking to Misuicide if he was going to stream the semi and finals, he said "I have no idea" but if anybody here knows how, that'd be great.

  2. #22
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6

    I can stream them but I'm a horrible commentator.

  3. #23
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    690
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    We could stream the semis/finals, that'd be totally awesome, its just which would be better to use? Justin.tv, livestream, what?

    I think 12 in diamond/plat and 12 in copper/silver/gold would be ideal, thats 24 players, its a good amount of games!

  4. #24
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6

    Justin.tv from trying it ustream and livestream

  5. #25
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,789
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    For some reason I can't watch any streams other than justintv, from experiences using youplayoff.com. Usually watching destiny or root people, which happen to all use justintv.

    Regarding studying each others playstyle from replays, I'd get permission from my opponent before posting of course, since it does seem a bit rude to up them without their consent.

  6. #26
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    690
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    also, also everyone should join channel Bluegartr.

  7. #27
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    158
    BG Level
    3

    Geoff.550 3350 diamond

  8. #28
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,131
    BG Level
    10

    I don't know how but I'd stream it if we needed to. Either that, or how bout spectating the final game? How many people can a room hold?

  9. #29
    Not Killing Ganon
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,262
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    StayCrunchy.598 - Bronze I'll gladly co-cast with anyone who may want to, and can stream if needed too.

  10. #30
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6

    What maps are we playing on?

  11. #31
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    690
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Any Blizz 1v1 maps are good!
    things are looking good, i'll leave this up for 1-2 more days, and setup the brackets

  12. #32
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    186
    BG Level
    3

    Zyos.663 Bronze

  13. #33
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    152
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I'm having trouble adding mathematics AKA Zelda it keeps saying it don't exist wrong info maybe?

  14. #34
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,789
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Noticed you put me in gold division, which is fine, but I don't mind playing in the upper league bracket. Might get some practice laddering before we start to refresh myself of 1v1 stuff.

  15. #35
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    690
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    i put you into platinum rehn sorry

  16. #36
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    If you group up the plats and the diamonds its only going to result in the diamonds winning. Just like if you group up the Bronzes with the Golds. The best way it probably Bronze + Silver, Gold + Plat, and Diamonds. I don't know about any of the other plats that played diamonds in the tournament but it was just demoralizing to continue after getting beat by every Diamond person <_<. (which is one of the reasons why I felt the last one died off, and yes I agree in advance that the number of matches needed did contribute as well )

    We could also have a placement rounds too?

  17. #37
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    690
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Only reason why I didn't set it up as copper/silver gold/plat diamond is that there probably wouldn't be enough people for it.
    How would placement rounds work actually?

    Also the way i'm thinking of doing the brackets the plats wont run into the diamonds until later on, as well as the same for the lower tier players

  18. #38
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Misuicide View Post
    Only reason why I didn't set it up as copper/silver gold/plat diamond is that there probably wouldn't be enough people for it.
    How would placement rounds work actually?

    Also the way i'm thinking of doing the brackets the plats wont run into the diamonds until later on, as well as the same for the lower tier players
    Well most of this is being done for the sake of fun, so I don't think we have to follow a format where everyone has to VS each other to win. We could simply stratify it into three different divisions of the same tournament.


    Regarding Placements: I figured we could all brainstorm a fair way to benchmark placements and have some sort of mutual consensus

    example: I think we could have everyone vs 3 people (based on their current ranking).
    Possibilities for current ranking can go anywhere from:
    every other rank (one in diamond, gold, bronze)
    Their Rank, one below and one above (If they are diamond then diamond, plat and gold, or if bronze then bronze, silver, and gold)

    I'm trying to think of more ways placements can be done but I'm mentally blocked by the thought of how we are going to stratify the population. Which I'm sure there are ways to place without even considering this that may be better.



    My main purpose for this is because I want to see SC2 tournaments as something that happens more common on the forum and I feel if we set the precedence for a systematic, disciplined approach that is fair and unbiased it will continue to grow. Maybe this tournament will have a "small" turn out but if people see its fair and feel they have a chance of competing while having fun the probability that it will continue to grow into something is definitely higher. (where we can maybe have our own BG community SC2 tournies). Thinking about it I probably won't have the time to dedicate to a tourny but I would love to be part in contributing towards its success because it is definitely something that I have vested interest in.


    edit:

    tldr; basically my goal from setting up this tournament might be different from everyone elses if everyone else is looking for a one time thing.

  19. #39
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    690
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Well i'll setup the brackets after work tonight, and see what you think of it.. it'll be roughly like this
    D
    D
    D
    D
    P
    P
    P
    P

    G
    G
    S
    S
    C
    C

    in that sort of setup

    I mean a 3rd division could work, but there really isn't enough players to justify it. ie like you said D alone P/G the other and S/C in the other, that is pretty fair really, but there isn't enough to do it just yet.

  20. #40
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    For some reason I forgot it was possible to just analyze their total wins and losses as well as their win loss ratio to get a good idea about placement <_<

    Definitely one of the easier benchmarks to use lol

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BG SC2 Tournament attempt #3, 2v2 Edition
    By Salodin in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2011-05-12, 11:19
  2. Replies: 223
    Last Post: 2010-11-27, 23:43
  3. BG tournament (attempt #2)
    By Kaylia in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2010-10-25, 14:01