Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 151
  1. #121
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,833
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Plus, Pitch Black was a way better movie anyway. I'd rather have another movie like that than something trying to follow up on Chronicles.

  2. #122
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    There's no reason they couldn't do both. I'd love to get a job where all I do is help storytellers keep track of their continuity and make things fit. Almost anything can be worked into any given universe if you try hard enough, and the Riddick stories are no exception. It bothers me when they just straight up go with "well that didnt make enough money so it never happened." No! You made your mistakes, live with them, but build on them and make it into something better.

    that being said, this looks pretty good and I want to see it.

  3. #123
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,833
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Um, not sure where people are getting the idea that the events of the previous movie didn't happen. Pretty sure he gets betrayed and kicked out of the kingdom he took over in the last movie.

    Plot from wiki:

    Betrayed by the Necromongers and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before.

  4. #124
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    I do find it amusing that Riddick keeps finding himself on "desolated" planets. Instead of Chronicles, they should have gone with "The Desolation of Riddick"

  5. #125
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    It doesn't really matter, they could put him on a planet of sparkly vampires and I would watch that shit.

  6. #126
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,212
    BG Level
    10

    I really liked the necromongers. Made the whole movie. I hope there's something equally cool in this one.

  7. #127
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,502
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I'd especially watch Riddick on a planet of sparkly vampires, since this would mean the impending violent deaths of lots of sparkly vampires.


    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It pretty much broke even iirc
    Mm, I see why they backtracked on concepts, then.

    A shame, since I kind of liked the expanded universe that Chronicles of Riddick offered.

  8. #128
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    352
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    It doesn't really matter, they could put him on a planet of sparkly vampires and I would watch that shit.
    who wouldn't watch Riddick slash up some sparkly vampires....

  9. #129
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    It doesn't really matter, they could put him on a planet of sparkly vampires and I would watch that shit.
    People would pay top dollar to see Vin Diesel obliterate Planet Twilight. He'd look like he'd been bukkaked by fairies afterwards, but still, satisfaction.

  10. #130

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,432
    BG Level
    7

    lol, left riddick for dead. more like 'we wanted to be assfucked to death in the most spectacular fashion at a later date, but were tired of his jackassery at the moment so we stored him someplace safe.'

  11. #131
    Daniel Rand
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,142
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Can't wait. Riddik movies are great sci fi. Only thing I don't like is the trailers make it seem like a rehash of part 1 (stuck on a planet with nocturnal baddies) hope they add something fresh

  12. #132
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    562
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...riddick-617586

    Plans for more Riddick are already in the works, as Diesel confirmed to THR that Twohy is currently writing the next installment.
    !!

  13. #133
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Awesome.


    I wish there was novels in the Riddick universe

  14. #134
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  15. #135
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  16. #136
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,734
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Not what you'd think from the previews, had waaaay more story then I expected. Plenty of Vin Diesel being badass though, entertaining movie.

  17. #137
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Not what you'd think from the previews, had waaaay more story then I expected. Plenty of Vin Diesel being badass though, entertaining movie.
    Good to hear this. Don't need Vin living on the street, since he put his own money to finance part of the movie. Extra money paid for the stuff to go from pg-14 to R.

  18. #138
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    vin living on the street would be the best thing to ever happen to the street

  19. #139
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Good to hear this. Don't need Vin living on the street, since he put his own money to finance part of the movie. Extra money paid for the stuff to go from pg-14 to R.
    So he paid Katie Sackhoff to take her shirt off?

    Hmmm. Money well spent.

    Saw it tonight, by the way. Enjoyed it. Pitch Black was a little better, but if you liked it, it's more of the same. If you didn't like it, I wouldn't bother. I don't remember the second one at all (although I know I saw it), so I can't really compare those two.

  20. #140
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Diesel is the fucking man. He loves this character so much, you can tell in the movie. Would definitely recommend. Less more Pitch Black, less Chronicles. Go see if you enjoyed either of them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Chronicles of Rick Roll (2011)
    By Karasu in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2011-03-09, 20:51