View Poll Results: Who?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perm

    17 33.33%
  • Domon

    34 66.67%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 112
  1. #41
    Jellysaurus Rex
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,343
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Ridin that black dick, chari all the way

  2. #42
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1

    Wing will always have a place in my heart because it is what got me into the franchise, has my favorite MSs (Tallgeese, Sandrock, and of course Deathscythe) and, y'know, familiarity. But fuck all that talk of pacifism and ideals was really hard to stomach at times.

    I'm actually going through a bunch of series and rewatching them to evaluate what's really hood. MSG, 08th MS, and MFGG are on the list. I'll get back when at least those three are done.

  3. #43
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    You are going to love 08th MS Team or my name isn't Domon Kasshu.

  4. #44
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Strike that, reverse it.

  5. #45
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1

    Also I haven't seen SEED either. I was all for watching it but the last Gundam model I built was Justice Gundam and it was a bitch and a half to put together so I am probably not going to watch a single episode for spite. There isn't very much rhyme to my reason though so I would take everything I say with a teaspoon of salt.

  6. #46
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    You are going to love 08th MS Team or my name isn't Domon Kasshu.
    I already loved that series. I enjoyed Shiro's character development. It's been way too long.

  7. #47
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,567
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    You are going to love 08th MS Team or my name isn't Domon Kasshu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    Strike that, reverse it.
    lol

  8. #48
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I have to say G Gundam is my favorite Gundam series but I also don't actually consider it a Gundam series even though it has that right in the name. Outside of that though, 0083 and 08th MS Team are my tops... which gets me a lot of blank looks but fuck the haters. Yeah MSG and ZZ were the shit but Kou vs Gato was my shit even though Gato was "a Char" (which I'd also contend, but that's for another thread... and probably a totally different forum really)

  9. #49
    uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,147
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    love is in the air

  10. #50
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    I have to say G Gundam is my favorite Gundam series
    There were no clues to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivve View Post
    love is in the air
    I have the strangest roboner right now.

  11. #51
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Voted for Domon because even though he was a meanie to me in some other thread, Gundam fans gotta stick together

  12. #52
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    Yeah MSG and ZZ were the shit
    Oh I do hope you mean Zeta.

  13. #53
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Both were, really. I'm just going by what some raging anti-everything-I-love fanboys on another forums always say are the best.

  14. #54
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    tl;dr: should I give Gundam X and SEED/GSD another chance? And/or should I pick up Turn A Gundam?
    Turn A is fucking great, but it's slow. The mech designs are different, but if you liked the 08th MS Team, you might like a way a lot of those fights go down. It has a couple really unique plot points and the characters are solid.

    SEED is a retelling of MSG. The art style is... for the characters, hard to deal with. For the mechs, pretty awesome. You should watch it and keep in mind that a girl wrote the entire story. That in mind, some of the fights are awesome, and the music is great. Ep35 and 39 are so badass

    GSD is shit

  15. #55
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Slow doesn't bother me at all, as long as it's solid. Definitely going to give Turn A a shot. Still not sold on SEED but I'll take your word and I'll give it another try.
    Something about Kira just turned me off of the series, especially knowing he was going to be the main guy.

  16. #56
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah but it's kinda cool to watch the parallels between it and the original MSG, in many cases it's really an episode by episode parallel. Kira gets better later on (i.e. ep 34+) and at least you have Murrue Ramius' bouncing tits in probably every fuckin episode

  17. #57
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I can see that, I guess. It's not like Amuro was baller status from day one either.

  18. #58
    Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    08th MS Team and Stardust Memory, man

  19. #59
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroikage View Post
    08th MS Team and Stardust Memory, man
    Love, kid... love.

  20. #60
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Love em both though I can't stand a single character in 0083 except Gato and that one guy who dies. MS were great though.
    But good god I would kill Nina so many times in the reals

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blax Division Round 2: Abandon vs. Ragnell
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 2011-03-09, 21:57
  2. Blax Division Round 1: Ryko vs. Charismatic
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2011-03-08, 22:11
  3. Blax Division Round 1: Quannum vs. Perm
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2011-03-07, 22:38
  4. Blax Division Round 1: Ragnell vs. Mizango
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 2011-03-06, 20:10
  5. Blax Division Round 1: Demosthenes vs. Abandon
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 2011-03-05, 21:08
  6. Bro Division Round 1: Blarg vs. Kuya
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 2011-03-05, 21:06
  7. Snatch Division Round 1: Isladar vs. Ivve
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2011-03-05, 20:49
  8. Terrible Division Round 1: Qalbert vs. Antithesis
    By Conrad in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2011-03-05, 20:44