• Navigation
Page 186 of 229 FirstFirst ... 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast
Results 3701 to 3720 of 4568
  1. #3701
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    At least we knocked out the Red Sox
    ^

  2. #3702
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Honestly, can you blame them? It's easy to get your "good laugh" in after the fact. Hindsight, 20/20, etc. You can't say with a straight face that you were comfortable with AJB pitching, with the series on the line, in a ballpark he's never won at.
    For the most part you're right but hes been in a tight spot like this in the past and pulled thru. I cant remember which game/year it was.

  3. #3703
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I don't know who to be more afraid of as a Rangers fan. The Tigers or the Yankees. We were 3-6 vs the Tigers and 2-7 vs the Yankees during the regular season.

  4. #3704
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Hated reading a story on espn.com today about how the rays didnt even sell out game 4, was only 28k or something like that...if i lived there, id go all the time, 15 dollar tix yes please...can even sit in the nosebleeds for 15 in nyc or boston

  5. #3705
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Hated reading a story on espn.com today about how the rays didnt even sell out game 4, was only 28k or something like that...if i lived there, id go all the time, 15 dollar tix yes please...can even sit in the nosebleeds for 15 in nyc or boston
    People will tell you that Florida is a terrible sport state. I don't think the Miami Heat sold out ANY of the games for the NBA Finals.

  6. #3706
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I had to work. I fucking live at work these days. This is the first season since I've lived here that I haven't gone to at least one game.

  7. #3707
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I don't know who to be more afraid of as a Rangers fan. The Tigers or the Yankees. We were 3-6 vs the Tigers and 2-7 vs the Yankees during the regular season.
    Thats a tough call. I want to see the Yanks against Texas for the ALCS so we can get revenge for last year!

  8. #3708
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I don't know who to be more afraid of as a Rangers fan. The Tigers or the Yankees. We were 3-6 vs the Tigers and 2-7 vs the Yankees during the regular season.
    All the AL teams left are pretty scary. Whoever comes out of the NL is going to have a tall task, they're going to get one of the 4 best offenses in the majors no matter how it goes. They all pitch really well too. Should be a fun world series no matter who makes it - as long those choking Brewers aren't involved.

  9. #3709
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    doesn't matter, brewers are winning it all anyway

  10. #3710
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,602
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I blame Archi for going to the game yesterday, thus jinxing his brewers.

  11. #3711
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Not at all surprised that the Rays got my hopes all up and then failed. Yeah, yeah, never should have made it in the first place, I should be happy for that, and I am (to an extent) but how do you get in the playoffs, pretty much destroy the Rangers at home, then go on to lose 3 in a row, the last of which you give up several homers by the same fucking hitter.
    In their defense, all 3 homers were given up by rookies. The first two from a rookie making his 1st postseason start. The 3rd HR from a rookie who was making only his 2nd postseason appearance and played lights out in his 1st postseason start just 4 days prior. When Beltre came to bat that 4th time, oh man, I was salivating at the thought of a 4th. The Rays had a great Cinderella story. They just tripped up on that glass slipper instead of leaving it behind. Hats off for disposing of the Red Sox though.

  12. #3712
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    People will tell you that Florida is a terrible sport state. I don't think the Miami Heat sold out ANY of the games for the NBA Finals.
    i still maintain its cuz thats where a lot of people go to retire. whether its factual or not, idk, i just think it sounds good. They come from areas where they already have a favorite sports team. Thus a lot of yankee+sox fans in baseball, etc

  13. #3713
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I don't know who to be more afraid of as a Rangers fan. The Tigers or the Yankees. We were 3-6 vs the Tigers and 2-7 vs the Yankees during the regular season.
    Gonna have to say I'm more afraid of Detroit. Rangers have a hard time in Comerica and I'd much rather face CC x2 than Verlander - I know the Rangers can beat CC, even if it's tough, but Verlander goes 120 pitches and throws over 100mph the whole way. Even losing home field if they had to play the Yankees - but that stadium doesn't hold any mystique for the Rangers now.

    Fully healthy (they never had Hamilton/Beltre/Cruz in the lineup at 100% except at the beginning of the season) and with the way Holland/Harrison are pitching and the new bullpen (Ogando 7th, Adams 8th, Nefty 9th), I say bring on whoever though.

  14. #3714
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Oh look, Boston found a way into the postseason.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/T...lecasts-100511

  15. #3715
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Oh look, Boston found a way into the postseason.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/T...lecasts-100511
    if you didnt see him doing at least studio commentary, you're naive

  16. #3716
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Oh look, Boston found a way into the postseason.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/T...lecasts-100511
    Anyone would be an improvement over fkin McCarver. UGH

  17. #3717
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    What the hell are you talking about Cail? I was simply posting a story. Never said the guy would fall of the face of the fucking Earth.

  18. #3718
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    can they switch out joe buck for someone with a heartbeat, please

  19. #3719
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    can they switch out joe buck for someone with a heartbeat, please
    This^^^^^^^^^^^

  20. #3720
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,602
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    can they switch out joe buck for someone with a heartbeat, please
    This a million times over. Last years world series and LCS made me realize how fortunate I am to have Kruk, Kuipe, Jon Miller, and Dave Flemming

Page 186 of 229 FirstFirst ... 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1451
    Last Post: 2012-03-23, 10:33
  2. 2010-2011 NBA Season Thread
    By Rhinox in forum Sports
    Replies: 7624
    Last Post: 2011-07-23, 22:08
  3. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16
  4. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  5. 2010 MLB Season Discussion
    By Cephius in forum Sports
    Replies: 8309
    Last Post: 2010-11-16, 20:47
  6. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  7. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  8. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  9. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25