• Navigation
Page 82 of 229 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1621 to 1640 of 4568
  1. #1621
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Pirates are in third place brah

    J-BRUCE

  2. #1622
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    331
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    2 games over .500 counts as a bad team to me regardless of record.

  3. #1623
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    331
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I honestly didn't realize that they were one of the better teams by record in the NL. Regardless, they shouldn't lose 4 straight against those 2 teams.

  4. #1624
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Parity nigga.

    J-BRUCE

  5. #1625
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Anyone still paying attention in BG Fantasy Baseball? I've sent out two trade requests in the last two weeks, never even got so much as a rejection...

  6. #1626
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,685
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I'm playing (badly) but i'm still logging in. My money league is tanking fast though.

  7. #1627
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Anyone still paying attention in BG Fantasy Baseball? I've sent out two trade requests in the last two weeks, never even got so much as a rejection...
    I still check everyday, in fact I have a dedicated firefox tab that I never close for the league lol. But I think some of the guys towards the bottom have maybe given up, though it looks like some of the middle ranked teams also may not be paying attention at this point. It's kinda lame but I guess not everyone likes to, or has time to check often enough to keep things really competitive. At any rate next year we just need to find guys who will at least check their teams weekly.

    Actually, mind saying which teams? I might be able to force trades or clear the rosters on the teams. or even delete the teams lol so the players can be picked up and stuff. I'd have to look into it.

  8. #1628
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I check the email update daily, but I rarely adjust my team cause I suck regardless

  9. #1629
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    Actually, mind saying which teams? I might be able to force trades or clear the rosters on the teams. or even delete the teams lol so the players can be picked up and stuff. I'd have to look into it.
    I've got two above average catchers -- initially tried to trade Carlos Santana for Carlos Marmol and then later for Derek Jeter, both to catcher-hungry teams. Can't really delete those teams, they're both kicking my ass in the standings, would just like to see a response. Even a rejection with no response is better than no response at all.

    I wonder if they have e-mail alerts turned on for trade proposals? If not, it would seem to be pretty easy to miss it, even if I did leave the Marmol trade open for a week.

  10. #1630
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I've got two above average catchers -- initially tried to trade Carlos Santana for Carlos Marmol and then later for Derek Jeter, both to catcher-hungry teams. Can't really delete those teams, they're both kicking my ass in the standings, would just like to see a response. Even a rejection with no response is better than no response at all.

    I wonder if they have e-mail alerts turned on for trade proposals? If not, it would seem to be pretty easy to miss it, even if I did leave the Marmol trade open for a week.
    They may have the alerts turned off in that case I guess. I don't know if I can manually make it so all trade props. automatically send alerts but I'll try to check when I'm home.

  11. #1631
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    There is a fantasy thread nerds

  12. #1632
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    You mean that thread that nobody reads in the first place?

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nnati-reds.jpg

  13. #1633
    Soa
    Soa is offline
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,889
    BG Level
    6

    The Dodgers file for bankruptcy, which allows McCourt to keep the team for now. Supposedly the court thinks that Bud Selig rejecting the TV deal was a shady move and they want to further investigate it. It should be interesting to see how this all turns out.

    Now if we could just get them to find out why its taken over 3 years to "investigate" the A's stadium woes without the slightest hint of a resolution.......

  14. #1634
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Selig wants McCourt out of baseball so, basically it boils down to whether or not McCourt can show that he never used team funds for personal expenses, apparently he and the wife bought homes using dodger money, and if he can prove to be trustworthy, which is already not looking good considering he insisted he would make payroll and has instead filed for bankruptcy. The only reason he's even filing is because it lets him keep the team for the time being to build a case against the league. Except you can't actually sue the MLB comish. under the agreement all owners sign. Basically he's screwed and as long as they can prove that thing about the money he's done for.

  15. #1635
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    They may have the alerts turned off in that case I guess. I don't know if I can manually make it so all trade props. automatically send alerts but I'll try to check when I'm home.
    Not much to really do about the inactives. I still pay attention to the league (obviously) and I could use a catcher.. so hey, make me a good offer and we'll see what I can do. :3

  16. #1636
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    Watching the college world series, and I cannot take up to 3 games of Mike Patrick.

  17. #1637
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Here's hoping for a quick 2-0 win.

  18. #1638
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    I still check everyday, in fact I have a dedicated firefox tab that I never close for the league lol. But I think some of the guys towards the bottom have maybe given up, though it looks like some of the middle ranked teams also may not be paying attention at this point. It's kinda lame but I guess not everyone likes to, or has time to check often enough to keep things really competitive. At any rate next year we just need to find guys who will at least check their teams weekly.

    Actually, mind saying which teams? I might be able to force trades or clear the rosters on the teams. or even delete the teams lol so the players can be picked up and stuff. I'd have to look into it.
    Can't delete any teams... that would be a mess.

    If anyone is in need of pitching, I am in need of bats at any position.

  19. #1639
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Sam Fuld: <3
    Rays Offense </3

  20. #1640
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    MIKE LEAKE

Page 82 of 229 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1451
    Last Post: 2012-03-23, 10:33
  2. 2010-2011 NBA Season Thread
    By Rhinox in forum Sports
    Replies: 7624
    Last Post: 2011-07-23, 22:08
  3. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16
  4. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  5. 2010 MLB Season Discussion
    By Cephius in forum Sports
    Replies: 8309
    Last Post: 2010-11-16, 20:47
  6. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  7. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  8. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  9. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25