Van 5
TB 6
Van 5
TB 6
Yea, Jamal Mayers is black. TROUBLE FOR LUONGO!
Although, San Jose scratches him a lot. Watch them go down 0-3 with Mayers as a healthy scratch then put him in the line up for game 4 and he scores a hat trick. Secret Weapon Discovered!
Fucking, lol.
lolololol. fucking win
lol nice
Solution: Hide a bag of Doritos in the back of each net
Islanders lock up Grabner for 5 years/$15m. If he has even 3 years like this past one that's a steal, I wonder if Wang's actually going to try to ice a competitive roster at some point.
Tampa Bay 6
San Jose 7
Nice goal from Granlund (Finland) @ 2nd period against Russia. GO FINLAND!
I think i saw this same goal in some junior/farm game few years back.
BOSTON IN 6!
Canucks in 6
BOSTON IN 7!
Yeah, I saw video of this being done in a college game, but the guy was left alone behind the net, certainly not doing it at full speed. Brilliant move. Looking forward to seeing this in an NHL game; if it gets common for skill players to be able to do this, it will be a real weapon, will probably change how the game is played down low.
It actually is extremely common for guys to be able to do this, I see 15 year olds do it very often. Anyone who doesn't have a very large curve on their stick can learn to do it relatively easily, and I can guarantee you that almost everyone in the NHL knows how to do it. Half the guys on my beer league team can do it(I can't, but I'm terrible at stickhandling). The reason you aren't going to see it in games much is that it usually takes a bit of time to scoop up, most of which is spent with your head down looking at the puck, and any NHL-caliber defenseman worth his salt will fucking bury you as you're trying to get it off the ice surface. And it's one thing to get buried doing a normal play, but if you get your ass handed to you while trying some flashy dipsy-doo shit, 98% of the coaches out there will bench the shit out of you.
Edit: for those who skate that want to play around learning it: http://howtohockey.com/how-to-do-the-sidney-crosby-move
Granlund did it backhand, but same concepts