• Navigation
Page 350 of 430 FirstFirst ... 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 ... LastLast
Results 6981 to 7000 of 8597
  1. #6981
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Yes. Totally messed up there. Meant to leave Hamilton out. My bad. Any franchise in Southern Ontario would work but Hamilton would be the best. Mind you, Hamilton is a poor ass city too from what I hear. However since hockey is to big in that location, should be easier to get season ticket holders then Winnipeg. And things seem to be going well with Winnipeg.
    Hamilton is not a nice city at all, you're right. It's a grimy, filthy city haha. Having said that, it's centrally located to all Southern Ontario markets. (London, Niagara, and the GTA could easily access Hamilton in about an hour each)

  2. #6982
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Hamilton is totally a steel town like Philly. I would love attending games there, but it'll never happen because Tor and Buf both would veto it.

    They would also get fans coming in from K-W, Windsor, Guelph, etc. Lots of population to support a team.

    I think Bettman is trying to delay Phoenix moving until Quebec is ready to take on a team (next year), then he just needs to deal with Dallas and Florida. Seattle can probably maintain a team.

  3. #6983
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Hamilton is totally a steel town like Philly. I would love attending games there, but it'll never happen because Tor and Buf both would veto it.

    They would also get fans coming in from K-W, Windsor, Guelph, etc. Lots of population to support a team.

    I think Bettman is trying to delay Phoenix moving until Quebec is ready to take on a team (next year), then he just needs to deal with Dallas and Florida. Seattle can probably maintain a team.
    I don't mean to nitpick but Pittsburgh is the steel city not Philly lol

  4. #6984
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Hamilton is totally a steel town like Philly. I would love attending games there, but it'll never happen because Tor and Buf both would veto it.

    They would also get fans coming in from K-W, Windsor, Guelph, etc. Lots of population to support a team.

    I think Bettman is trying to delay Phoenix moving until Quebec is ready to take on a team (next year), then he just needs to deal with Dallas and Florida. Seattle can probably maintain a team.
    I'm sorry what? GTFO. We'll have a new owner by August. Bettman has stated Dallas is a model of what Southern franchises should be. 2-3 bad years because Hicks is retarded doesn't mean we're moving after 10+ good ones, including a Cup.

    Also Seattle won't funD a team, their city doesn't want one. Taxpayers or the higher ups.

  5. #6985
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah, havent heard anything about Dallas having to move, just some owner ship issues. Back when the Kings went bankrupt, there was no talks of them moving, just they needed to find an owner.

    Seattle wont work, but I know Portland would love a team.

  6. #6986
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    502
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    I want to see a team in Saskatchewan. Riders fans are fucking rich enough to fly around Canada to watch away games they should have plenty to drop on season tickets.

  7. #6987
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Jememy View Post
    I want to see a team in Saskatchewan. Riders fans are fucking rich enough to fly around Canada to watch away games they should have plenty to drop on season tickets.
    Truth. They're like the great plains version of Habs fans for football. The amount of money they put towards the Riders is ridiculous.

  8. #6988
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

  9. #6989
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I love Bolland

  10. #6990
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Jack Edwards is insane, likes to embarrass his daughter.


  11. #6991
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    I don't mean to nitpick but Pittsburgh is the steel city not Philly lol
    Sorry yeah that's what I meant.



    Also when I said "deal with Dallas", I didn't mean that they're going to move. But they do need a new owner, so they need to be "dealt with". So calm yourselves the fuck down.

  12. #6992
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    So the talk on Twitter already has Richards being a front runner to Detroit, Toronto, or New York. I also read rumors that he only wants to sign with an original six team. This is gonna be a fun soap opera to watch the next month.

  13. #6993
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    It's going to be even better when he signs with a new team for 8 million and posts a 60 point season and misses the playoffs.

  14. #6994
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    It's going to be even better when he signs with a new team for 8 million and posts a 60 point season and misses the playoffs.
    Well that sounds a lot more like Toronto or New York than Detroit.

  15. #6995
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Well that sounds a lot more like Toronto or New York than Detroit.
    Could be Detroit too if Lidstrom retires but yeah I was thinking Toronto mostly. NY could do pretty well with him.

  16. #6996
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Whoosh'd

  17. #6997
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Montreal's an O6 team, him and Subban would be awesome together!

  18. #6998
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    I doubt Detroit signs Richards unless he takes a serious discount from the price either he or his agent was asking at some point. Also Holland has said the front end is mostly finished (esp the top 6) and most of the work in the off-season will be done at defense. Then again he said that after '08 as well and brought in Hossa so you never know. The defense really is what needs working on right now though, if Richards was brought in the D would look pretty shoddy unless Lidstrom comes back for league minimum.

    The only other way I could see him in Detroit is if Filppula and/or Hudler were dealt for someone or something, right now there are already 3 centers playing in the top 6 most of the time. Using any of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Richards as a 2nd line center already seems ridiculous, having one of them able to be a 3rd line center is just dumb center depth. I imagine Dallas would be even more pissed at Detroit though, having Modano and then Richards head to the Wings probably would not be popular with fans.

  19. #6999
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    As a Toronto fan, I would love to see him in the blue and white, but I seriously doubt he's coming over. 1) Toronto isn't a very friendly place to players, he'll be under the microscope every game. 2) He'll want a buttload of money to come to TO, something which I'm not sure it'd be a good idea (8 mil for 5 years would be OK, but I'm sure he's looking for 7+ years) and 3) I'm pretty sure he's going to NYR.

  20. #7000
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    I imagine Dallas would be even more pissed at Detroit though, having Modano and then Richards head to the Wings probably would not be popular with fans.
    Eh I wouldn't care. Obviously I want him to go to NYR because I live here and if my team has to lose him, I'd rather my other team gain him. But if he went to Detroit I'd be OK with it. I mean any fan who actually knows what they're talking about was for letting Modano go, his performance this season speaks for itself. Richards going to another team isn't his fault or Joe's fault or anyone's fault but Tom Hicks and the lenders. So all the best to him and I hope he finds a team that he can win a Cup with.

Page 350 of 430 FirstFirst ... 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11291
    Last Post: 2012-06-15, 09:02
  2. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16
  3. Replies: 706
    Last Post: 2011-02-08, 18:19
  4. 2010 NHL Offseason Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 2426
    Last Post: 2010-09-20, 23:52
  5. Replies: 6664
    Last Post: 2010-06-14, 00:40
  6. NBA Playoff Thread
    By Tyr in forum Sports
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 2007-08-01, 11:04
  7. The official '07 NHL Playoff Thread
    By Norelco in forum Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2007-05-05, 12:08
  8. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2007-04-21, 23:41
  9. NFL Playoffs Thread
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 2007-01-22, 05:10