• Navigation
Page 391 of 430 FirstFirst ... 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 ... LastLast
Results 7801 to 7820 of 8597
  1. #7801
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Did you read the Texas cheerleader thread?

    In Canucks/Caps non-news, Kirk McLean had some nice things to say:

    Interviewer: Who do you see as the best goaltender in the NHL right now?

    McLean: Well obviously Roberto Luongo and Tim Thomas are great, Miikka Kiprusoff is very solid. Both the Washington Capitals goalies Michal Neuvirth and Semyon Varlamov are great. The game has changed so much since I played and most of the guys are so strong down low, they really take away the bottom half of the net. Equipment has changed the game a lot too the pads are bigger, the sticks have the guys shooting harder and the speed is faster so the guys today have to be more athletic.

  2. #7802
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Did you read the Texas cheerleader thread?

    In Canucks/Caps non-news, Kirk McLean had some nice things to say:
    Negative lol, I was strictly speaking out of experience in the hockey thread. 8-)

  3. #7803
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Sure, 12 goals in 2 games but only 3 of them meant anything. In the close games (1-0, 1-0, 3-2) Luongo's won.

    Shitty fucking logic is shitty

  4. #7804
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Also fuck Kirk Maclean.

  5. #7805
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    Negative lol, I was strictly speaking out of experience in the hockey thread. 8-)
    Yeah I probably should have stayed out of that thread too. I forgot GD is serious business.

  6. #7806
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    Also fuck Kirk Maclean.
    Yeah you can go fuck yourself.

  7. #7807
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'm from boston dawg, im crazy, I'll hit chu, dawg, im crazy. I hate canadians, timmy thomas is gonna win it all baby, fuck canada and vancouver and especially montreal.

    I guess he forgot that 13 of Boston's 14 Forwards are all from Canada?
    Too many r's to be from Boston.

  8. #7808
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    Shitty fucking logic is shitty
    Not shitty, accurate.

    I mean after it's 3-0 in Boston in game 3, does it mean anything whether the game ends up 3-0, 8-0, 12-0? They all still count as just one loss. Fact is, in the games that have been decided by goaltending, Vancouver is 3-0. In the games that have been decided by team play, Boston is 2-0.

  9. #7809
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Not shitty, accurate.

    I mean after it's 3-0 in Boston in game 3, does it mean anything whether the game ends up 3-0, 8-0, 12-0? They all still count as just one loss. Fact is, in the games that have been decided by goaltending, Vancouver is 3-0. In the games that have been decided by team play, Boston is 2-0.
    But to say that his style of goaltending is better......over one goal, is kinda idiotic.

    Unless of course after Boston scored 2-3 goals, then he just stopped trying. Which is possible for those 2 games in boston

  10. #7810
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    I think the biggest problem with Luo is that he has never been good at dealing with initial failure. Very often you'll see a few bad goals and then Luo just lets that crap get to him. He has gotten better with the new coaching staff but he still is way too emotional.
    Pretty late on this but just wanted to comment. I think this is pretty much true for the team as a whole but especially Luo, and what's really needed is a sports psychologist. Just coaches is not enough for this sort of thing, and I wish more teams would realise that.

  11. #7811
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    slightly off topic.

    I just love the media around here, as there is breaking news flashing on my tv screen.........

    the breaking news is that boston police will be at the td garden for the game tonight, doing details.

    /facepalm

  12. #7812
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    slightly off topic.

    I just love the media around here, as there is breaking news flashing on my tv screen.........

    the breaking news is that boston police will be at the td garden for the game tonight, doing details.

    /facepalm
    If Boston loses a close game is there even the remotest of chances they may riot? I'm assuming if they lose the canucks are going to get shit thrown at them on the ice but I'm curious if Boston fans would pull a Vancouver and riot.

  13. #7813
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    If Boston loses a close game is there even the remotest of chances they may riot? I'm assuming if they lose the canucks are going to get shit thrown at them on the ice but I'm curious if Boston fans would pull a Vancouver and riot.
    Last time a sports team in boston badly lost.... was the giants/patriots superbowl, and nothing in the city happened. People were too depressed to riot lol

  14. #7814
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    sassagecam is up, I'm headed out to bender's to get blammy'd so enjoy, and let's hope Boston pulls it out so we all get to enjoy one more night of hockey after tonight

  15. #7815
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    If Boston loses a close game is there even the remotest of chances they may riot? I'm assuming if they lose the canucks are going to get shit thrown at them on the ice but I'm curious if Boston fans would pull a Vancouver and riot.
    if it was going to happen it would have happened after the Philly series last year

  16. #7816
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    sassagecam is up, I'm headed out to bender's to get blammy'd so enjoy, and let's hope Boston pulls it out so we all get to enjoy one more night of hockey after tonight
    This is what I want!

    Not because i'm a bruins fan..... but because those 1-0 games in vancover were fucking awesome games.

  17. #7817
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    I prepared my pewter mug yesterday.

    Let the tears of Boston fans begin!

  18. #7818
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b9R33

    I can see it now. Senator Brian Rafalksi.

  19. #7819
    Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,274
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Except that Rafalski is from Michigan to begin with.
    Senator Osgood, it's not like he was playing net at all lately

  20. #7820
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Senator Yzerman. He saved the Tampa Bay Lightning, next up, the state of Michigan.

Page 391 of 430 FirstFirst ... 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11291
    Last Post: 2012-06-15, 09:02
  2. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16
  3. Replies: 706
    Last Post: 2011-02-08, 18:19
  4. 2010 NHL Offseason Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 2426
    Last Post: 2010-09-20, 23:52
  5. Replies: 6664
    Last Post: 2010-06-14, 00:40
  6. NBA Playoff Thread
    By Tyr in forum Sports
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 2007-08-01, 11:04
  7. The official '07 NHL Playoff Thread
    By Norelco in forum Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2007-05-05, 12:08
  8. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2007-04-21, 23:41
  9. NFL Playoffs Thread
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 2007-01-22, 05:10