Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 190

Thread: Spring 2011 Anime Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #141
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    I really enjoyed the finale of C. My thoughts are up on my blog:

    http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2011/...rol-11-finale/

    Yes, I fanboy about it the whole time but I am curious to see what everyone else thinks about it (since virtually everyone watched it this season). One of my favorite animes in recent memory; knew it would be my favorite of the season.

  2. #142
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Finished AnoHana, too, and that was an amazing ending (I didn't cry at all during it!). Wrapped up all the loose ends, I thought, and provided excellent closure. I actually thought it was more heartwarming than sad and I'm interested to hear how people felt about that ending. Ended up being a 9/10 and is either my 2nd or 3rd favorite of the season (C is 1st, Steins is either 2nd or 3rd).

  3. #143
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    I wanted supernatural ending with Menma reborn so her and Jintan could get married, now he's stuck with twin tails.

  4. #144
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    C ending was great, really wish it had a few more episodes.. or a season 2 or something ;/

    Spoiler: show
    Kind of sad ending both in the fact its only 11 episodes, and kind of want to see what happened to mikuni and the others

  5. #145
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Carnival Phantasm Trailers(Summer Season)


  6. #146
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    54
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Just finished AnoHanah and wow, was perfect ending, far exceeded what I expected. Now onto C

  7. #147
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,548
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I heard that C might get a second season or an OVA or some sort of continuation; it sold rather well.

  8. #148
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I heard that C might get a second season or an OVA or some sort of continuation; it sold rather well.
    Hope so, it started weird but it sure did get good toward the end~!


    Also Carnival Phantasm looks like it will be pretty good comedy/fan service

  9. #149
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Am I the only one who didn't like how Ano Hi ended?

    Spoiler: show
    It takes him 11 episodes to realize he's in love with her and yet does nothing? It's a fitting ending, albeit too bittersweet for my tastes. There's closure for everyone except Jintan. Meh. I don't know. I think Jintan gets fucked over and it kind of upsets me since he's the only one who genuinely wants to be with her..

  10. #150
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't like how Ano Hi ended?

    Spoiler: show
    It takes him 11 episodes to realize he's in love with her and yet does nothing? It's a fitting ending, albeit too bittersweet for my tastes. There's closure for everyone except Jintan. Meh. I don't know. I think Jintan gets fucked over and it kind of upsets me since he's the only one who genuinely wants to be with her..
    Spoiler: show
    I'm pretty sure he realized that when he was young, he just couldnt get himself to say it.

    As for "getting fucked over", the whole show is about a bunch of kids (and adult) who were not able to move on with their life after Menma's death because they had regrets of differents kind. Jinta had it bad, but he wasnt the only one with that issue, and like everybody, he was finally able to get over it in the last episode. It's the best thing that could happen to him at that point because Menma wasn't going to come back. And let's face it, his love situation isn't that bad with Naruko.

  11. #151
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Spoiler: show
    It was a good ending I think, considering Jintan couldn't move on before, and despite letting go not being pretty at all, they all managed to move on and get on with their lives.

  12. #152
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Needs an OVA 10 years later where Jintan and Anaru's kids are reincarnations of Menma and Jintan's mom, ala Elfen Lied manga ending.

  13. #153
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Just finished the X-men anime:

    Spoiler: show
    Basically the japanese kid saves the world from being destroyed by the other japanese kid. I expected some sort of nationalism to lead the story, but this was just too much for me. Definitely would have preferred a traditional story or even a rehash story line from the comics. Having the typical "mental battle" in the end also rubbed me the wrong way. Did get some horribly short cameos of Rogue, Archangel, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Magneto after the end credits, but definitely would have liked to see more of these characters throughout the series. I didn't start Iron Man and only got 4 episodes into the Wolverine one...after watching X-men I'm reluctant to watch either of those...and they're doing Blade next


    Also finished C:

    Spoiler: show
    Liked the message of "Spending all your money now to save the present is less important that saving it for the future". Still kinda confused about some things here and there, (were they really trying to say people should fall in love with their assets?) but overall enjoyed the whole series.

  14. #154
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalima View Post
    Also finished C:

    Spoiler: show
    Liked the message of "Spending all your money now to save the present is less important that saving it for the future". Still kinda confused about some things here and there, (were they really trying to say people should fall in love with their assets?) but overall enjoyed the whole series.
    Spoiler: show
    I dont think they were telling you to not spend money for the present, but to always consider your future in the equation. However, the show also made it clear that there was no universal answer.

    As for falling in love with your asset, I don't think Kimimaro did. The only girl he loved was Hanabi, and the show gave you a few hints. He definitively cared for her, but it wasnt love.

    Despite the last kiss, I think Msyu represent Kimimaro's future daughter. Based on everything we saw, there seem to be a direct connection between asset, and the entrepreneur's family.

  15. #155
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I just started watching Tiger & Bunny, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite shows, I wish I had picked it up sooner. Big thanks to everyone that was talking about it.

  16. #156
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Just started Nichijou, holy shit this is amazingly hilarious.

  17. #157
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    I just started watching Tiger & Bunny, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite shows, I wish I had picked it up sooner. Big thanks to everyone that was talking about it.
    Tiger and Bunny quickly became one of my favorite show earlier this season...but it peaked fast and started going down after.

    There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the show, but it's lacking interesting villains or drama. Everything is overplayed, and I can't find the energy to care about the plot or characters anymore. It's still better than many shows, but it's not as good as I it could have been.

  18. #158
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Going to checkout tiger and bunny myself seen alot interesting pics of it

  19. #159
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I really like Tiger and Bunny, I agree it lacks an interesting overarching plot, but I love the format. The last few episodes are how things should have been from the start, because everything before this seemed like child's play compared. But I dig the new stuff.

    If you're looking for something different to watch, it's a good choice.

  20. #160
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    C's finale was really good, gotta love Masakaki just showing up to troll one last time.

    I do wish the epilogue would be longer.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winter 2011/2012 Anime thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 2012-04-01, 11:52
  2. Fall 2011 Anime thread
    By Insanecyclone in forum Anime
    Replies: 1081
    Last Post: 2012-01-07, 10:54
  3. Summer 2011 Anime Thread
    By Ragns in forum Anime
    Replies: 521
    Last Post: 2011-10-17, 18:57
  4. Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]
    By Senoska in forum Anime
    Replies: 15534
    Last Post: 2011-05-22, 14:04
  5. HD Anime thread
    By kareface in forum Anime
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2009-09-23, 23:25