Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 190

Thread: Spring 2011 Anime Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #161
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Ao no Exorcist Ep12 Preview

    Gulkeeva Guess who's appearing in the next episode.

    Spoiler: show





    Working Season 2
    Some Minor update.






    Edit

    Both D-Frag! and Iris Zero Manga Series are getting some sort of Announcement.


    Iris Zero
    http://www.mangareader.net/iris-zero/1
    Spoiler: show



    D-Frag!
    Register to see the NSFW content
    Spoiler: show





  2. #162
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Who are the VA for the new Working characters?

  3. #163
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Who are the VA for the new Working characters?

    Youhei Mashiba Voiced by Yuuichi NAKAMURA
    Other characters he voiced


    Mitsuki Mashiba Voiced by Haruka TOMATSU
    Other characters she voiced

  4. #164
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Don't think Tomatsu has ever voiced an Onee-san character.

  5. #165
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Ao no Exorcist Ep12 Preview

    Gulkeeva Guess who's appearing in the next episode.

    Spoiler: show


    didn't expect her to showup so soon, and in a swimsuit (was she even in the manga with a swimsuit so soon? I don't remember, either way a good start of her

  6. #166
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Kannagi and Working? >_> Might just be me, but I found both series to be completely overrated. I'm not particularly thrilled at the though of seeing this board filled with posts about them.

  7. #167
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Dunno about working, but I thought Kannagi was pretty good.

    And really Kaylia, how do you think I feel when I see discussion of Kyoani and JC staff shit shitting up this thread?

  8. #168
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Kannagi and Working were comedy with a lot of unresolved sexual tension, and relationship that reset constantly (or don't progress whenever they should) . Both shows were funny, but they still felt like your average animes

    I feel the same about most kyoani and Jc staff's show (I do enjoy nichijou a lot though).

  9. #169
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Kannagi is great, Working! I can take or leave, but Kannagi has made me lose my shit multiple times because of the character interactions and dialogue. It's the same reason I love Kurenai (though not as focused on comedy).

    The show would've been better without the sexual overtones and silly relationships, but it doesn't harm the show enough to make me not like it as much. It's just an excuse for some situations that are genuinely funny.

  10. #170
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Kurenai had a plot that made me care about the setting and characters. It was a nice combination of serious contents, slice of life, and comedy. Kannagi on the other hand is just comedy, with a serious first episode. If the show was actually dealing with Nagi's story, my opinion would have been different, but I felt scammed after the introduction.

    The last episode of the series almost made up for the least interesting episode, but when I heard it was a filler made for the TV show, it kinda killed the point of it.

  11. #171
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I can understand that, it felt like the show was trying to get to telling Nagi's story (and journey), but the group kept getting sidetracked. Despite all that, I can take the comedy at face value (which is very good) and enjoy it for what it is, rather than what it should be. I know this isn't always the case though (hello Hanasaku), so I wouldn't hold it against anyone who didn't like Kannagi.

  12. #172
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    At this point. most comedies are running on rehashed material, and I rarely get genuine laugh out of that. Kannagi still made me chuckles, but I didn't find it better or worse than most series.

    I also felt the same about Hanasaku. I loved the premise, but it became something else after 2 episodes. Maybe its my own fault for raising my expectation, but it justs annoy me when a show pretend to be serious, and go in a completely differents direction after a while.

  13. #173
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    didn't expect her to showup so soon, and in a swimsuit (was she even in the manga with a swimsuit so soon? I don't remember, either way a good start of her
    Pretty sure she always wears that top.

  14. #174
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Kannagi and Working? >_> Might just be me, but I found both series to be completely overrated. I'm not particularly thrilled at the though of seeing this board filled with posts about them.
    Kannagi was meh. Working! on the other hand was absolutely hilarious for me, and I normally tend to not find the humor in most comedy animes. Kannagi OP is so good though.


  15. #175
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    I loved Working and am hoping the next season is good, but I have serious doubts it will be. Seems like all these comedy anime getting second seasons have been disappointing compared to the first (mainly Maria Holic but there are others, too). And it doesn't help you don't see Maya in those preview shots for Working... D:

    Never watced Kannagi, so I'll reserve my comments on it.

  16. #176
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Tiger & Bunny wasn't, it soorta in a way reminds me of the 2 uhh.. crime TV? from cowboy bebop haha, anyway its another interesting anime to keep up with.

  17. #177
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Is there more of Tiger and Bunny? The conclusion in episode 13 was satisfying, but I'm wondering if the show lasts 20+ episodes that the focus will be scattered for the large part of that before finally settling down with something awesome again.

    Still, love Tiger and Bunny, definitely one of my favourites of the season.

  18. #178
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Yeah Tiger & Bunny is going to be 25 eps. While they did wrap up the Ouroboros storyline they still need to deal with Lunatic, so they still have something to work towards.

  19. #179
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Yeah, looks like episode 14 of Tiger and Bunny will be comedy again. I expect after everything goes through their little episode 12 (or 13) climax, they'll go back down and begin doing filler/boring stuff again. Same thing happening in Hanasaku and probably Ao no Exo, too. Nichijou won't since it's already episodic.

  20. #180
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Finally caught up with Denpa Onna (been late on that series since April). I don't hate Meme anymore like I've mentioned in the past but I still don't like her. At least that's some progress. The animation/art/music are still wonderful and the stories are decent. I'm enjoying the anime now, which is nice. Only 2 episodes to go, I guess...

    Dunno if I feel the same way about Deadman, thought. Guess we'll find out when I start catching up on that soon.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winter 2011/2012 Anime thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 2012-04-01, 11:52
  2. Fall 2011 Anime thread
    By Insanecyclone in forum Anime
    Replies: 1081
    Last Post: 2012-01-07, 10:54
  3. Summer 2011 Anime Thread
    By Ragns in forum Anime
    Replies: 521
    Last Post: 2011-10-17, 18:57
  4. Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]
    By Senoska in forum Anime
    Replies: 15534
    Last Post: 2011-05-22, 14:04
  5. HD Anime thread
    By kareface in forum Anime
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2009-09-23, 23:25