
Originally Posted by
fussel
The updater works fine, if you set up a proper port forward for the incoming torrent port. I got the patch with 500+ kbytes/sec.
1. Run FFXIV Config. In the networking options, disable UPnP. Completely disregard the port number that's shown there, it's wrong.
2. Run the game and wait until the downloader starts looking for peers (when that progress bar is shown).
3. Run cmd.exe
4. Type "netstat -a" and look for the TCP port 55xxx with state LISTEN.
5. Forward the external TCP port 55xxx to your PC's IP address, port 55xxx on your router.
Now you'll see incoming "Remote connections" after a couple of minutes, you don't even need to restart the downloader.
I observed, that the incoming port never changes, but it's still different on different installations. I guess it's saved somewhere in a config file, in the registry or dependent on something else. And it's definitely not the number shown as the incoming port in the config tool. Ignore that number, find out your incoming port using netstat -a while the downloader is running.