nothing it was lame, so rest easy
@ ace-o-fire
Wii U sounds like someone farted.
I liked the part where he was all "Oh hey we also have new Smash Bros...don't hate us guis"
Wait...I'm pretty sure this is a completely new console, and not just a Wii peripheral, right?
Mr. Caffeine won the show
damn guess i'm not playing a new Zelda game for a while.
They already pulled it off well way back on the GCN, it was just such a pain to get 4 GBAs and 4 link cables that very few people actually got a chance to try it.
This is a pretty legitimate concern though, yeah. If it doesn't support 4 WiiU controllers then that's already an enormous issue, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out about that.
were there any release details on last guardian or dark souls so far at e3?
I enjoyed the presentation, not the best, but still decent enough. Wii U has enough potential, it's just going to need some good games to back up the new hardware.
I'm almost certain all of those 3rd Party vids are stock footage from PS3/Xbox. It doesn't save the fact that Nintendo is trying yet again to do some zany shit, when they need to keep it "safe" for this generation of gaming, lol. To this end, despite being weirded out, I'd have to see system specs, personally.
I just dont understand why this new console is needed. It's not that much of a step up for them, which they needed. Also, the technology could've been incorporated into the 3DS and made the whole thing completely irrelevant.
And sorry guys. Nostalgia doesn't get you a pass with me. Not when your entire library is full of it.
Time to start typing about this, ugh. And Gamespot's stream broke for me.
Nintendo gets negative points for being nothing but nostalgia. Once you look past the nostalgia bullshit shield they always put up, you always end up with the same deal: a graphically inferior product, limited online capabilities, lackluster third party support (how about a third party game that is a smashing success that no other console has access to? Have they EVER done that post-gamecube?) and feverish obsession with "broadening" their clientelle, while actually doing nothing but shifting their buyer's market to parents, grandparents and children, when the real money is in teenagers and young adults with a metric ton of disposable income.
You see how many people, just on this BOARD, are looking to get the new PSP? That shit's expensive, but we're going to get it. I don't think Nintendo will ever break this cycle until their leadership is dead. They've been going in the same direction for a decade now, and the last half decade has clearly shown that its not a very good direction to head in. Playstation Move and Kinekt ripoffs don't really tell the real story.
What was the point of this console? What? HD? They could have made that shitty controller device for the Wii and slapped an expansion pack in the back for HD graphics ala N64. Why did they need to make a brand new console? Is copying Apple's approach that lucrative?
I suppose I answered my own question.