Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 94
  1. #21
    Lyn
    Lyn is offline
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    784
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    I liked Rapace as Lizbeth but this new chick seems ok (she's a good enough actress; but I'm biased cuz I think she's hot). She's much more attractive and I think for an American version, they producers wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

    Fincher has a great sense of style. I think he personally chose Rooney Mara as Lizbeth so here's hoping she doesn't disappoint.
    Really? I think she looks ugly (in the film - otherwise maybe like a 6). The actress in the Swedish films was much more sexy for her role in my opinion.

  2. #22
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Do want full trailer song.

  3. #23
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Seriously, Fincher is legit. He is the American Nolan, actually he's just Fincher. He could have done the Batman movies justice too with his aesthetic sensibilities (he 'gets' it).
    This. I've really enjoyed all of his stuff that I've seen. Zodiac is seriously underrated, but I read and loved the book first, so I'm a little biased.

  4. #24
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,181
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Do want full trailer song.
    It's a cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" by Trent Reznor and Karen O.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RWizvYL9fk

    There is no full version yet, to my knowledge.

  5. #25
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,096
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Seriously???

    The Game (underrated)
    Fight Club
    Seven
    Panic Room (I liked it!)
    Zodiac
    The Social Network
    Aliens 3 (I liked it!)

    Seriously, Fincher is legit. He is the American Nolan, actually he's just Fincher. He could have done the Batman movies justice too with his aesthetic sensibilities (he 'gets' it).

    His resume speaks for itself, and I think I listed all his work. Pretty good record.

    Nolan's made:

    The Following
    Memento
    Insomnia
    The Prestige
    Batman Begins
    Inception
    TDK

    (am I missing any?)
    I do like some of those movies, but i guess the trailer just puts me off. If i wasnt reading a song of fire and ice only a few chapters a night id probably read this and see what the big todo was about.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    aduidarnenye
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I do like some of those movies, but i guess the trailer just puts me off. If i wasnt reading a song of fire and ice only a few chapters a night id probably read this and see what the big todo was about.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    The books are written in a similar fashion. Very violent, very political, and lots and lots of characters going about trying to undermine each other. If you enjoy ASOIAF I woulds ay you would enjoy this one. It's labelled as a mystery and I generally don't like mystery novels but I was glued. It's got a lot of epicness and thriller bits to it. When you're finished the other I really suggest getting into this series.

  7. #27
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I watched the first Swedish movie but I didn't like the actor playing the guy. He just didn't cut it for me. Lisbeth was amazing though.
    I agree with this. I didn't like him, Lisbeth is what made the movie. Without her it would have sucked.

    As for the books; he had actually pretty much completed a 4th book, and was half-done with a fifth one when he passed away. It is as of yet unknown if those two will be released.

  8. #28
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I resent the fact that the original Swedish movie needed improvement, shit was pretty goddamn awesome as is. I'm honestly more excited for Fincher on Parts 2 + 3 since if this is a success they will have the bigger budgets they need and not be relegated to the made for tv miniseries garbage that the sequels were in Sweden.

    edit: Saying he completed books 4+5 is not entirely honest, he needed a lot more rewriting/editing than is common for the manuscripts he submitted for the first 3, so honestly the amount of rewriting necessary for book 4, let alone book 5 would mean entirely new authors and the series turning into Bourne 2.0

  9. #29
    aduidarnenye
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I resent the fact that the original Swedish movie needed improvement, shit was pretty goddamn awesome as is. I'm honestly more excited for Fincher on Parts 2 + 3 since if this is a success they will have the bigger budgets they need and not be relegated to the made for tv miniseries garbage that the sequels were in Sweden.

    edit: Saying he completed books 4+5 is not entirely honest, he needed a lot more rewriting/editing than is common for the manuscripts he submitted for the first 3, so honestly the amount of rewriting necessary for book 4, let alone book 5 would mean entirely new authors and the series turning into Bourne 2.0
    I've read that his girlfriend at the time did a lot of the writing as well and it has been suggested that she take over the series. There are a lot of legal problems though because he was never married to her and his estranged father and brother took everything from her because she was lacking legal rights to his estate.

  10. #30
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,436
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    edit: Saying he completed books 4+5 is not entirely honest, he needed a lot more rewriting/editing than is common for the manuscripts he submitted for the first 3, so honestly the amount of rewriting necessary for book 4, let alone book 5 would mean entirely new authors and the series turning into Bourne 2.0
    You take my hopes and dash them so quickly I was like ARGHWHATNO at the end of the third film as it felt so incomplete; though I've not finished the books yet, still on the second one.

  11. #31
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,795
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    you forgot this little lovely by Fincher.



    I've seen this trailer like 20 times (it gets addicting, plus I work in a theatre), and I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. Mainly, this is because I seemed to recognize 90% of the images as coming from the original movie. But I will give it a watch because of the director.

  12. #32
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I've read that his girlfriend at the time did a lot of the writing as well and it has been suggested that she take over the series. There are a lot of legal problems though because he was never married to her and his estranged father and brother took everything from her because she was lacking legal rights to his estate.
    I've heard the story/legal issues told 5 different ways (as well as rumors of plot outlines for a total of 10 books in the series), so until I actually see a book I'm entirely ambivalent about the notion of more of them. As per the writing, it was from an article quoting his editor at the Swedish publisher, about the state of the books and the rewrites necessary to fix his awful prose/style issues etc, so if she did contribute to writing them then thats not entirely appealing having read the account from his publisher...

    Dooom: I didn't even bother w/ the movies until I had read the books, movies 2 +3 leave out so much its not even funny.

  13. #33
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    you forgot this little lovely by Fincher.



    I've seen this trailer like 20 times (it gets addicting, plus I work in a theatre), and I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. Mainly, this is because I seemed to recognize 90% of the images as coming from the original movie. But I will give it a watch because of the director.
    i will never not get hard for this. the part when paz ties her hair up is so awesome to me for some reason.

  14. #34
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,547
    BG Level
    8

    Fuck, Hollywood version means there will be no full-on muff diving Hell, they even removed that scene from the imported version

  15. #35
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    The trailer looks good, I still don't believe anyone will be able to play Lisbeth as well as Rapace did though.

  16. #36
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Is she gonna get some kind of fake tits for movies 2+3?

  17. #37
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    i will never not get hard for this. the part when paz ties her hair up is so awesome to me for some reason.
    hurray; I'm not the only one


  18. #38
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,412
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

  19. #39
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,325
    BG Level
    7

    Id draw her some eyebrows, then hit it.

  20. #40
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Craig in the role is definitely more fuckable, but I feel this will not measure up to the original. It was awesome.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Millenium Trilogy (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)
    By aduidarnenye in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2010-09-04, 11:25