So i'm pretty excited. Hadn't skated since 4th grade and decided to join a novice league this fall with my buddy (who played goalie throughout college). Skated for the 2nd time in my entire life last Saturday. This is gonna be fantastic.
So i'm pretty excited. Hadn't skated since 4th grade and decided to join a novice league this fall with my buddy (who played goalie throughout college). Skated for the 2nd time in my entire life last Saturday. This is gonna be fantastic.
Stars win over Habs 6-3. Morrow-Riberio-Ryder looking fucking DYNOMITE.
NEED MORE FOR ESPN POINTS BG FHL PM ME BITCHES. Stop being pussies.
It's a ton of fun. I just got done with my first ever season of men's league after not skating since I was 8 years old myself, my team made the finals in our division and I potted a whopping 6 assists and 2 goals during the season(one of which the scorekeeper fucked up and awarded to....the goalie). I ended up getting a sports hernia so I'm sidelined for the start of the season that begins this weekend![]()
Preseason game today Red Wings Vs Penguins
@ 7:00 pm on NHLN-US
Here are the lineups for tonight's game.
Forwards
9 Pascal Dupuis
12 Richard Park
14 Chris Kunitz
18 James Neal
23 Ryan Craig
38 Colin McDonald
45 Arron Asham
46 Joe Vitale
56 Paul Thompson
57 Brian Gibbons
67 Geoff Walker
71 Evgeni Malkin
Defense
2 Matt Niskanen
7 Paul Martin
55 Philip Samuelsson
58 Kris Letang
59 Carl Sneep
70 Joseph Morrow
Detroit Red Wings
Forwards
11 Dan Cleary
15 Fabian Brunnstrom
17 Patrick Eaves
20 Drew Miller
21 Tomas Tatar
24 Pavel Datsyuk
26 Jiri Hudler
39 Jan Mursak
41 Chris Conner
42 Ryan Johnson
48 Corey Emmerton
96 Tomas Holmstrom
Defense
2 Brendan Smith
3 Garnet Exelby
22 Mike Commodore
23 Brad Stuart
32 Logan Pyett
Apparently, Grabovski and Kulemin aren't playing atm. Both attended the Igor Korolov funeral over the weekend and both knew several other players on the flight.
Hence, their absence thus far
Well thankfully the canucks game in Vancouver was a bit better then the one in Calgary. Marco Sturm got a goal and assist which is cool. The most intriguing player was Nicklas Jensen, the Canucks first round pick this year. He's got size and some good hands too, scored a goal and set up another one. Hurray for hockey! Hope my work start to slow down soon so I can actually fucking watch a game or two.
Datsyuk wearing 24 is a great gesture. Looking forward to how Mursak and Tatar look in a mini-NHL setting, since they were both really 12th forwards in their games with the Wings before.
Mike Modano officially retires, PD has a nice article on it. Between him and Rafalski both hanging 'em up it looks like USA hockey is fully in the hands of the new generation. Sad to see him go, but glad he didn't try to force another year.
Another career ruined by Matt Cooke R.J. Umberger?![]()
speaking of, I posted this on the PD article about Umberger's new deal and apparently there's actually Columbus fans, and furthermore ones who get mad when you bad-talk R.J. Umberger lol
Not sure how they've managed to get his corpse on the ice over the last few years since he was brutally murdered by Brian Campbell, I've been assuming it was some sort of Weekend At Bernie's deal this whole time.
I trolled an FFXI buddy's Facebook when he was giving updates about Ex-Rampage players who had points last night in pre-season. (He lives in the San Antonio area.) He went into detail about players and points and their highlight shifts etc, all I said was "I had as many points last night as Kyle Turris." lol
'Nother game against the Flyers tonight. I heard some teams are playing double header hockey - what?
Not sure if all the vets will be playing, or actually playing, but I'm hoping for a better show since its
Luke Schenn(elder) vs Braydon Schenn(younger)
and
Phil Kessel(elder) vs The Brother Kessel(younger)
and Big Brother is getting smoked
Malkin is straight up beasting all over the Red Wings, just picked Datsyuk's pocket, did a 360 spinorama in the slot and then threw a no look backhand pass right to Letangs stick as Letang came down through the faceoff circle for a shot.
Datsyuk and Malkin look like gods among men in this game.
Tatar and Mursak both look like they will be a ton of fun to watch, Helm v2 and v3, but both European so a bit better hands and a bit less physical.
Holy crap Malkin just completely goofed Garnett Exelby and Jimmy Howard.... the press and Malkin's training partners weren't kidding when they said Malkin has a fire that is burning fiercer than hes ever had. If he can keep his intensity and fitness/health up like this when Sid comes back.... holy shit.
Shelly just filled in Boyce and Rosehill jumps right in for a fight.
Shelly's face now looks twice as bad as Boyce. Problem solved.
Currently 1-0 Tor in philly
I sense that he may have developed this drive/determination when he initially thought Crosby might be out for most/all of '11-12 and he thought it could be 'his team,' so I do agree it might fade away once Sid returns to his throne... he might fade back into the woodwork.