As per TSN, Markov's deal is 3yrs/$17.25m. Which is $5.75m per season
As per TSN, Markov's deal is 3yrs/$17.25m. Which is $5.75m per season
Reportedly, the Smyth deal is done but wont be announced till Saturday. Looks like hes a Flame.
Dreger reporting that they will indeed be the Jets.
Any rumours as to who is headed to LA in return for Smytty? I kept hearing names like Hagman or Stajan popping up.
Also, I guess that means Regehr will waive his NTC for buffalo or whoever else is in the mix for him.
Now word yet on who is coming back but I know Dean was looking for Left wing at least in return. My guess would be a LW that can play on the 3rd/4th line and not cost to much.
Don't want to take to much cap space back because the want to flip the 6.5 mil they save into an offer to Brad Richards.
6.5 is nowhere near enough for Richards.
That's the tough thing about that deal is LA sorta has to move him for family reasons, but don't want to take on a major salary in return.
I laughed at the Oilers board being flooded with "Yay, we can finally get rid of Souray!!" and "Welcome back, Smytty!!" posts, when:
a) No team in their right mind would take Souray..... mmmmmmaybe the Rangers.
b) Don't celebrate til he's pulling the silks over his head.
If he went to Calgary.. oh man, the tears on the board... LOL
6.5 isnt the offer but they will use that cap space saved to make a play for Richards, somewhere around 7.3-7.8 cap hit im hearing.
And yeah, the Oilers tried to pawn Souray off on us but told them no. Things where dead for awhile but then when the Flames get in on it, the Oilers got back into it to try and prevent the Flames from getting him. There was a 3rd time involved but not sure who it was. Only other teams close to Flames/Oilers would be like the Jets or Wild no?
Reportedly, the Kings were trying to get Gagner from EDM but I doubt that will happen. Esp now that we got Richards.
Was hoping for Manitoba Planes.
Everyone reporting it will be Jets. Was hoping for something new, but I'll take it. Though technically Phoenix owns all the legacy of that name....lol...
Either Roenick's Twitter got hacked or he's really hurting for a buck since he's like...hawking some product like a salesman on his Twitter lol.
Report is Smyth to Flames for just a low level draft pick.
If we miss out on Richards I hope we can sign 2 good wingers. Going to need AT LEAST a LW to replace Smyth. Miettinen, Tanguay, Jussi Jokinen I think would fit as 2nd line LW but If we cant get them, might have to take a chance on Gagne, Cole or Zherdev.
Just hope we do SOMETHING now that we brought in Richards cause we seem ready to make a run in the west this year.
If the Kings do indeed land Brad Richards as well, they'll easily be an early favourite. With the way things are going, I don't see why they don't grab him anyway. If Brad wants 7m/8years, I'd say do it, since a) in 5 years, the cap will have gone up at least 7m, b) best chance to win the cup with the current talent hitting its prime. They could really become the most dominant team in the league, especially with their defence core maturing.
I didn't catch until just now that Simmonds was in that trade, not sure what L.A. was thinking, how do they intend to get past the WCF by trading away their one anti-Luongo trump card?
By Signing Joel Ward.
Hearing that the Canucks may use the Chicago wolves as their ahl affiliate.