• Navigation
Page 58 of 127 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1141 to 1160 of 2530
  1. #1141
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yandole resigns with Yotes too

    DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
    I'm hearing Keith Yandle has agreed to an extension. 5 years, $26.5 mil.

  2. #1142
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    So stoked guys. Awesome we locked up Ladd. A wee bit high, but the terms are perfect and glad they worked it out instead of an arbitrator. And considering the other ridiculous RFA deals that have gone down...this one isn't insane lol.

    And I'm taking Jornnas words to heart. A win or lose season...no matter, hockeys back!

    Now we just need the damn logo and jerseys!

    *Nice little NHL video of the 'Peg and hockey:

    http://video.winnipeg.nhl.com/videoc...1201&id=119116

    And I found my old arena pictures I took during the demolition of it.


  3. #1143
    Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,267
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    So after Kaberle signed in Carolina, they traded Joe Corvo to Boston.
    Oddly enough, I think the Bruins will do better with Corvo than Kaberle will with the Hurricanes.

  4. #1144
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Yandle's deal is great, Kaberle's is decent. Actually thought Kaberle would be a bit more, this is the same as what he was getting paid before, and now he has a cup ring and was an UFA in a year that didn't really have a great crop of defenseman available. MacArthur back with the Leafs.

    Hope Holland is still working to make a trade for something, since the UFA market now has little to nothing that the Wings would want (outside of a backup goalie).
    Spoiler: show
    Osgood is going to be back and it's going to be horrible and retarded

  5. #1145
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Shea Weber is apparently looking for a short term deal hahaha.

  6. #1146
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,119
    BG Level
    7

    Fuck ! don't get my hopes up!

  7. #1147
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    When is Sather gonna resign Duby and Cally.

    The fuck bro.

  8. #1148
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    When is Sather gonna resign Duby and Cally.

    The fuck bro.
    After arbitration lol

  9. #1149
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    After arbitration lol
    When Doob gets 5m+, he's going to TOR :o

  10. #1150
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    When Doob gets 5m+, he's going to TOR
    I see Dubi getting 5 years at 4.5 and Cally getting 5 years at 4-5m. I also see Callahan with that lovely big C on his chest.

    Sent while having a prostate exam. feelsgoodman

  11. #1151
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    5 years
    Pretty sure deals from arbitration are almost always 1-2 years!

  12. #1152
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Langenbrunner and Arnott look like they will be heading to the Blues. That team is going to be made up entirely of fringe top 6 players, and former top 6 players.

  13. #1153
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    I dunno, blues have a lot of good young talent but were lacking veteran leadership to guide and mentor these young players so seems like a good move bringing these 2 in.

  14. #1154
    Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,267
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Hard to believe Arnott has 18 NHL seasons under his belt. I remember him being run out of Edmonton after 3.5 years.
    His "sub-par" 33 goal rookie campaign, and non-Gretzky numbers from a teenager... booooo!
    Then he turned into a great power forward in NJ... go figure. Amazing what happens in a market of no 80's glory-era pressure.


    Kind of a stupid question, when a player files for arbitration, I know they get compared to similar players and the contracts they got, but how far back do they base it on? Is it just the previous season, or the whole time that their previous contract was for?

  15. #1155
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    I think they usually compare it to what other RFAs signed for this year or last year.

    Im sure on the players side, the agent looks for a comparable player with a high salary figure no matter when it was signed and the team looks for a comparable player with a low salary figure.

  16. #1156
    Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,267
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Ah ok. I just wasn't sure how far back they looked. I guess that can be a huge double-edged sword in a way. But I guess that's why it's no coincidence that players have greater seasons during a contract year.
    And obviously you'd compare similar players, it's not gonna be like "Oh shit, Steve Staios is filing for arbitration! He's a defenceman, let's compare his offensive stats to Lidstrom, Yandle and Visnovsky. According to offensive output, I award you $2.35. NEXT!"

  17. #1157
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    FINALLY back from San Diego and Greensboro/Chapel Hill/Raleigh. No one should ever get married during the first week of July, ever. I feel like I'm still catching up on hackey news. First thing's fucking last:

    Troy Brouwer: Definitely worth a first. Also don't mind the cap hit for the contract he just signed either. Will be interesting to see where he slots into the lineup, but I love the size, work ethic and playoff experience.

    Brooks Laich: Oh yes, how sweet it is to have Brooksie back. Whoever ends up being our second line center should feel good with Laich and Semin on both wings. The $4.5M/per is a little spicy for my taste, but since he'd probably get that on the open market I can't really argue with it.

    Joel Ward: I dunno who's happier, the Caps fan base for getting an emerging power forward, or Bobby Lu for moving him to the Eastern Conference. Regardless, he's another big body who can play up and down the lineup, and showed an extra gear in the playoffs.

    Roman Hamrlik: Wait, what? An old defenseman is just what this team didn't need, but he can skate on the power play and isn't a liability defensively. It also signals the end of Scott Hannan and possibly Tom Poti in DC, and should make negotiating with RFA Karl Alzner that much more interesting.

    Semyon Varlamov: A first and a second for the guy threatening to defect to the KHL?
    http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...gm-wink2-o.gif

    Jeff Halpern: There are many compelling off-the-ice reasons to bring back the former captain, but as for what he brings to the table at 35, I guess you could do worse for a checking line center/penalty killer. And for about $500k less than what Boyd Gordon will be making in Phoenix, not a bad little signing.

    Tomas Vokoun: I figured the Caps would sign a veteran if Varly's days in DC were done, but I thought it would be a member of the fraternity of career backup goalies. This one shocked a lot of people, as Vokoun could certainly still start in a lot of cities but chose to take a huge pay cut and sit behind Neuvirth with the Caps. Stuck playing behind some pretty bad Florida teams for the past few seasons, it should be interesting to see how he responds to the talent and Boudreau's system.

    Marco Sturm: Don't let the door hit your inconsistent ass on the way out.

    Matt Bradley: The fan favorite and perennial underachiever signed with Florida, so hopefully we'll get to see plenty of him and Johnny Erskine throwin' down next season.

    Boyd Gordon: Somewhat misunderstood and miscast as a scoring center in his early career in DC, Boyd had carved a good niche for himself as the primary checking line center/faceoff guy for the Caps. I'm sorry to see him go, but at $2.65M/2 years, you have to wonder if Phoenix overpayed just a bit for his services. Fare thee well, Gordo.

    Jason Arnott: Just signed wit St. Louis today, which isn't terribly surprising. Bringing him to DC for the stretch run was a good move, even if their playoff run ended a bit prematurely, but he was never in Washington's long-term plans. Hope he can play another couple years and maybe hit 1,000 points.

  18. #1158
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    I have a feeling Vokoun will be starting, not the back up.

  19. #1159
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I have a feeling Vokoun will be starting, not the back up.

    This lol.

    No way Vokoun sits on his ass.

  20. #1160
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I have a feeling Vokoun will be starting, not the back up.
    We'll see I guess. Should be an open competition in training camp. If Vokoun does end up taking the job, it's an even bigger coup on the free agent market.

Page 58 of 127 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5592
    Last Post: 2013-01-07, 10:39
  2. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16
  3. 2010 NHL Offseason Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 2426
    Last Post: 2010-09-20, 23:52