Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 428
  1. #241
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    >__> ummm what happened to the release date of 6/12? I thought the movie was coming out this Friday, but it's available at my theaters lol

  2. #242
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,838
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    It's a nostalgia movie much in the way of Transformers or Ninja Turtles--don't expect it to be a cinematic masterpiece, just go turn off your brain for 2 hours and enjoy the ride.
    Theres a difference between a movie that gets 40% and a movie that gets like 10%. I wouldn't waste time on the latter for nostalgia. Worried about that.

  3. #243
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Friends and I are going to see it Monday regardless of how bad it is just for the nostalgia. I'm already turned off by how bad the cgi looks in all the commercials, especially the breaking the glass on the kids scene. Hoping it looks at least slightly better in theaters, but I already miss my dinos of the past.

  4. #244
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Title is a give away I guess

    Spoiler: show

  5. #245
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,266
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle


  6. #246
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Cell phone quality scene rips. Spoilers obviously

    https://instagram.com/ipadipavolkova/

  7. #247
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,119
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

    About to watch it! I'll give my thoughts here in a bit!

  8. #248
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,838
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Sitting at 70% on RT. Pleasantly surprised!

  9. #249
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Sitting at 70% on RT. Pleasantly surprised!
    With how long before reviews were being allowed on this, I was starting to get really worried this was just going to be terrible lol. As long as it's better than 2 and 3, that's pretty much a win to me. Not sure they could ever top the first one anyways.

  10. #250
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,838
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Basically the consensus seems to be that its not as good as the first but the best sequel so far. So good enough for me!

  11. #251
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Basically the consensus seems to be that its not as good as the first but the best sequel so far. So good enough for me!
    This is excellent news. Yay for still having free movie passes from Christmas. >.>

  12. #252
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,964
    BG Level
    10

    Whether it be due to nostalgia or legitimate criticisms, I doubt any film in the franchise will ever top the first one.

  13. #253
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,616
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Just got back from this. I'd give it a 7-8 out of 10. Definitely some wtf moments in the plot but the action made up for it admirably. I know I'm in the minority on this board regarding the last Godzilla movie(hated it), but this felt like a better Godzilla than that.

  14. #254
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,001
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Got to see it last night. The movie is quite dumb and absolutely glorious. I love that they gave BD Wong a line that's basically a giant FU to the feather people.

  15. #255
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Just seen it at the imax. Thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of it.

  16. #256
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I know some other guy composed the music for this one but do they play the old Jurassic theme at all for feels? I really like that piece from Williams. Would love to hear that in the theater.

    Also the best thing about #2 is this


  17. #257
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,117
    BG Level
    10

    They do play the old theme a few times, one of which is a slow piano version that sounded great.

    Fuck the haters, movie was amazing; especially the climax. Definitely better then the last two, and the climax was definitely better than the first. Go see it, at least for matinee prices if you're still skeptical.

  18. #258
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Yeah, just got done and as a radical jurassic park fan it does the series justice.

    Spoiler: show
    the part where the kids get to the old lobby made me shiver a little bit and everytime the old theme played I got chills.

  19. #259
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,665
    BG Level
    7

    Spoiler: show
    I got to see a velociraptor ride a t-rex. My life is complete.

  20. #260
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    yo, this movie was fucking amazeballs. I'd say the pure joy factor, i enjoyed it more than avengers. the last 20 minutes, pure erection material

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Terra Nova (aka Jurassic Park the TV series)
    By Outlaw in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 2012-03-08, 20:23