Page 112 of 196 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 2221 to 2240 of 3901
  1. #2221
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,851
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    jesus christ, losing charles and THEN britt? if it wasn't a money league i'm not sure i'd even bother anymore.
    Yeah, it's kind of depressing. My new goal is to just beat 1 more person before the end of the season so I can laugh at them for losing to the shittiest/unluckiest team.

  2. #2222
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,116
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    We started using the free agent auction budget system this year in my espn league. I really like it. It adds strategy and planning and makes things more fair.
    how does that work, exactly?

  3. #2223
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    We use FAAB in the league in which I'm discussing moving williams. Start out with $100 and you bid on the free agents instead of the FA being served to teams with the lowest record. This league does add an interesting dynamic to help the lesser teams though, each week you get money added onto your balance to reflect your ranking. So the 2nd week in, the first place team would have $101 and the 12th place team would have $112. Budgets are updated weekly to reflect league rankings. I haven't spent a penny and I have $128 right now, most in the league. Usually one of two strategies are employed, you blow your load early on some guy that went undrafted and decided to blow up (like Ryan Fitzpatrick) or you hold onto your money and hope for an injury and you pick up a player that is getting the workload.

  4. #2224
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Pick two (one WR one flex) of four:

    Ryan Torain vs. PHI
    Santonio Holmes vs. MIA
    Jordy Nelson vs. STL
    Marques Colston @ TB

  5. #2225
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Santonio for sure. He's the only one that's THE #1 WR on his team. Everyone is a #1 in NO and Jordy isn't even on the field for a majority of the Packers' offensive snaps.

    As for flex, you have to wait until we hear more about Hightower's shoulder later in the week.

  6. #2226
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Too bad you can't play Tebow at RB Tyche, after you paid $51 for him it would be a waste to keep him on the bench when he rushes for more yards than DWill each week.

  7. #2227
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    And $62 for that other kid. Now I have to figure out if I want Battle, Deangelo, Forte + Roddy or Felix, Forte, Battle + Maclin.

  8. #2228
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    What the fuck. $51 for Tebow? What was the starting budget? $2,000?!

  9. #2229
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Care to guess who the #1 fantasy QB was last season during the weeks Tebow started? I'll give you one chance.

    Spoiler: show
    His initials are T.T.

  10. #2230
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Care to guess who the #1 fantasy QB was last season during the weeks Tebow started? I'll give you one chance.

    Spoiler: show
    His initials are T.T.
    OMG I KNOW, I KNOW!

    BRETT FUCKING FARVE!

    So what do I win?

  11. #2231
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    And $62 for that other kid. Now I have to figure out if I want Battle, Deangelo, Forte + Roddy or Felix, Forte, Battle + Maclin.
    I'd rather have Felix and Maclin if it was me, Eagles face a lot of weak pass defenses this year and you already have a #1 WR

  12. #2232
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Care to guess who the #1 fantasy QB was last season during the weeks Tebow started? I'll give you one chance.

    Spoiler: show
    His initials are T.T.
    Actually I looked at ARod's stats and he averaged about 30 points a game for the final 2 weeks compared to Tebow's 20. ARod had a 40+ point week 16 game.

  13. #2233
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Care to guess who the #1 fantasy QB was last season during the weeks Tebow started? I'll give you one chance.
    This is why I don't fuck with drafts that start before the preseason where injuries and starting jobs happen.

    And you based your $51 off a couple starts? Dang you must have drafted Kolb as your back up for $49.

  14. #2234
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,116
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    tebow averaged 28 points in his final 3 weeks per standard espn scoring leagues.

  15. #2235
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Yeah, I was talking standard scoring. Valisk, stop being stupid. What the fuck does the draft even have to do with picking up Tebow? I don't even need him, but the upside in trade value is worth it. I have 5 weeks to flip him before the trade deadline. Worst case scenario, Rivers blows a knee and Tebow sucks and I lose $51.

  16. #2236
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Yeah, I was talking standard scoring. Valisk, stop being stupid. What the fuck does the draft even have to do with picking up Tebow? I don't even need him, but the upside in trade value is worth it. I have 5 weeks to flip him before the trade deadline. Worst case scenario, Rivers blows a knee and Tebow sucks and I lose $51.
    Both of those scenarios are already valid though

  17. #2237
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    What the fuck does the draft even have to do with picking up Tebow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    What the fuck. $51 for Tebow? What was the starting budget? $2,000?!

    Clearly I thought you bidded $51 on during the draft by the way things were worded. My bad if that's the league that does the money for FA thing you and Moss were talking about.

  18. #2238
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    With FAAB, you "start" with $100. After 5 weeks, I had $128 because money is added on by your position in the league. I bid $51 on Tebow and $62 on Battle (I got them both). You'd think that half of your budget is a lot, but it's really not. For instance, someone picked up Dalton this week for $35. Hayward Bey went for $26, Torain went for $51, hell, Eric Decker went for $100 earlier in the year (though most acknowledge that person overspent).

  19. #2239
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Can you see other people's bids or is it like a silent auction?

  20. #2240
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Silent

Page 112 of 196 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3052
    Last Post: 2011-12-06, 04:25
  2. Replies: 2424
    Last Post: 2011-01-04, 12:49
  3. Best Fantasy Football Website
    By Gatsby in forum Sports
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2008-07-17, 16:03
  4. Fantasy Football 2007-2008
    By Vade in forum Sports
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 2007-12-29, 23:24
  5. Fantasy Football, anyone?
    By Tyr in forum Sports
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2006-09-05, 23:05