Page 163 of 207 FirstFirst ... 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast
Results 3241 to 3260 of 4137
  1. #3241
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    That laser is stupid easy to avoid too. Love seeing it 1shot healers and sorcs lol
    why you no take 30 seconds to explain that "Get closer and run around it".

    Nobody told me this.. till my 3rd death.

  2. #3242
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    567
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

    I'm hoping they seriously limit cross gaurd for wars. If you know what you're doing it really isn't impossible to tank anything as war even in hardmode. If its anything remotely close to how lance and zerk blocks war will be immediately overpowered. I like the challenge of war now please don't make it easymode blue hole.

  3. #3243
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    why you no take 30 seconds to explain that "Get closer and run around it".

    Nobody told me this.. till my 3rd death.
    I always tell people to watch out for the laser and the walk of death (my personal favourite for seeing parties wipe). Those are the two attacks that absolutely wreck parties, especially below 30%.

  4. #3244
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I always tell people to watch out for the laser and the walk of death (my personal favourite for seeing parties wipe). Those are the two attacks that absolutely wreck parties, especially below 30%.
    I try to stun the walk as soon as it starts (and just hope I'm lucky), because the walk is the move that ALWAYS wipes parties for me during the zerg phase. :/

  5. #3245
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,919
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Catwalk doesn't usually wipe my parties, but it does waste a bunch of time and damage. I can't tell you how many void/fireblasts I've wasted when he just walks off (not to mention the number lost when he pulls everybody in with leash).

    Also, wtf at nobody ever telling me to get close and run around the fucker when he charges the laser. Ugh.

  6. #3246
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    oops wrong thread, derp

  7. #3247
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Random update for anyone with account expired/subscription problems: My wife and I had account issues but we never acted on them. Both of our accounts were automatically given 3 day extensions and each time that wore off, another 3 were applied. Today her account now shows the normal subscription and we were billed for it. Mine however has not yet taken affect.

    This is to say that to me this shows EME is smoothing things out and finally getting the problem under control. I would suggest just sitting back and waiting if you're having problems (as long as you're still able to get in game that is).

    Thought about posting this in the Complaint thread where most of this talk has risen but meh.

  8. #3248
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    533
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

    Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Random update for anyone with account expired/subscription problems: My wife and I had account issues but we never acted on them. Both of our accounts were automatically given 3 day extensions and each time that wore off, another 3 were applied. Today her account now shows the normal subscription and we were billed for it. Mine however has not yet taken affect.

    This is to say that to me this shows EME is smoothing things out and finally getting the problem under control. I would suggest just sitting back and waiting if you're having problems (as long as you're still able to get in game that is).

    Thought about posting this in the Complaint thread where most of this talk has risen but meh.
    Not for me.... sitting in customer support queue again for this...

  9. #3249
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    I didn't ever get the account issues... on the 2nd, I got my gold templates, so everything went smoothly for the US side... for me anyway >.>

  10. #3250
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Hookay, in the final (albeit random) update, my accounts subscription kicked in today. This was after 3ish or so automatic 3 day extensions. Has anyone gotten any concrete feedback from EME on what the deal was? After basically seeing this issue take care of itself (for me at least) I wonder if they just have some sort of screwy/faulty processing system. I hope everyone else who was having problems gets their issues sorted out!

  11. #3251
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    I'm pretty sure the billing issue was with their partner company. I initially had a problem with my order during open beta; they accepted my purchase of the game but declined my attempts to subscribe, then a day later my preorder was canceled. I had to talk to support to have my account status "reset" before I was able to add a subscription, having bought my preorder from Amazon instead of the EnMasse store in order ot be able to play during head start.

    FFXI had similar problems when they changed to Click and Buy, not sure how that situation was resolved because I've quit that game for a while now and may never go back ^^;

  12. #3252
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Dunno if anyone saw, but they have a demo out now. It's the best java app I think I've ever seen. Almost plays just like the real client, they just relaxed the visual quality a bit. If you know people on the fence send them to tera.enmasse.com/demo.

  13. #3253
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    688
    BG Level
    5

    Clip of warrior sword block with stamina usage from k-tera.


  14. #3254
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Looks pretty restrictive for warriors. I wonder if stamina will get drained that quickly for lancer, or if it's based on how much damage you should have taken?

  15. #3255
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,382
    BG Level
    9

    I figured it would be that way, where warriors still have to dodge the big attacks, the block just helps with normal fast swings. Since we still have DFA and Dodge.

  16. #3256
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Dodge still consumes stamina (at least from what I saw from that video), so perhaps using DFA would be a good chance to avoid attacks and regain a bit more. Still looks like it'll take some effort to tank on Warrior at least and won't be easy mode like Lancer.

    That being said, haven't seen Lancer with stamina so maybe that has gotten harder too?

  17. #3257
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    didn't really show how fast stamina regens though. it might regen pretty fast when your not using it. the war in that video was pretty much spamming it

  18. #3258
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    728
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Looks like it jumps about 10% every 2 seconds after no actions for a few seconds. Normal strikes don't seem to accumulate much compared to the 450-500 stamina cost of evasive roll. Feels like you will need to plan your evasive rolls even more due to the cost alone. I'm hoping some of the glyphs will reduce the cost dramatically. Not sure where I sit on this without playing with the bar myself.

  19. #3259
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    It can't be "when no action is taken" since thats unrealistic during an actual fight, especially when tanking. It might be when no special move is used outside of combo atk

  20. #3260
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    728
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    It can't be "when no action is taken" since thats unrealistic during an actual fight, especially when tanking. It might be when no special move is used outside of combo atk
    He double evasive rolls and 1-2 seconds after the stam regen starts up quickly. He's moving but no attacks are made. I should be more concise to "When no attacks are made" as that's what I meant. It doesn't look like this regen is working during his assaults though(Pretty hard to miss since he recovers nearly 20% when he was away from him for a few). Maybe I missed a tick in combat but it does not seem there is a in combat regen outside of attacking. Until more videos come out that can expand on this I cannot make heads or tails of it other than evasive roll is expensive.

Page 163 of 207 FirstFirst ... 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. EU TERA Online – May 3, 2012
    By Naito in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 310
    Last Post: 2012-06-03, 15:33
  2. Information and Rules about Aion Advanced
    By Falisa in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-10-29, 14:22