Got the NAGA in. It is a surprisingly good fit in my hands. Got food stuffs stocked, booze stocked, weed supply is good. Totally ready to rock it.
Got the NAGA in. It is a surprisingly good fit in my hands. Got food stuffs stocked, booze stocked, weed supply is good. Totally ready to rock it.
So preordering doesn't give you beta access?
It does. If you preorder from EME you can just go download the client from your account. If you preorder through another company you get a key which you use on your EME account to download the client.
Anyone else's launcher been getting small patches the last couple of days?
Mine has, idk what that's all about, I get one everyday I think? The first one I got was on Sunday and it broke my launcher... had to reinstall it. (not the game, just the launcher)
yup. think there has been 3 so far. the third being today.
Yea they keep updating the client. Here is today's patch notes:
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/
I guess they took EU-TERA feedback, seeing as last week nobody could get a mount as a guild was pk'ing anyone who got close to the mount NPC..lolPatch 16.03.05
February 23, 2012
COOL NEW STUFF
PvP is now available on two servers. Mayhem starts at level 11, so be prepared!
*Valley of the Titans
*Jagged Coast
PVE is still available on Arachnaea and Serpentis Isle
Guild vs Guild battles are now on. We have substantially reduced the costs for guild battles to make it easy to challenge other guilds during the Closed Beta Test period.
30,000 gold to wage war
3,000 gold to forfeit or punk out
Added “/bug” command for you to report game problems you encounter during beta.
Note: you don’t have to report insects you encounter while playing.
Removed two chat channels (Trade, LFG) from server-wide chat to help reduce unnecessary clutter for newly created characters. You’re not in Barrens chat anymore!
Increased default UI scale to 90 (from 80) to ease readability; you can change UI scale in the control panel any time you’d like.
BUG SQUASHES…you spoke up and we listened!
Vekas the Wicked Tree on the Island of Dawn will now spawn three in the area to aid the completion of the quest. We’ve also shortened the respawn timers:
Vekas: 20 sec -> 10 sec
Acharak: 20 sec -> 10 sec
Kugai: 20 sec -> 10 sec
Level 11 mount quest no longer requires users to collect carrots. The new quest allows users to complete the quest within Velika. How ‘bout them apples?
Piglings no longer drop large sums of gold. Sadly, they don’t drop bacon either.
Crashes when switching between game servers or exiting a server queue have been corrected. Similarly, players will not get stuck in the waiting queue when a server is restarted.
Servers will always be displayed in the “Select Server” screen. Previously, some players experienced blank lists.
Players will not stay in the queue when a server crashes or is restarted. The queue will be restarted as well.
What happened? – Some things to look out for.
Keeping the Quota – Quest item is scarce, and harder to find when user base is high. For a place called Lumbertown, you’d think there’d be more wood lying around.
Circle the Wagons – Cinematic will not render environmental detail if player has distant environmental detail below the max setting of six.
Guild slash commands (/gkick, /guildkick, /gmaster, /guildmaster) are case sensitive to the player’s name. Your guild leader remains as insensitive to your needs as ever.
If a server crashes while player is in queue, player will enter Character Select.
Cancelling a teleport still consumes the scroll. Magic is complicated business.
Group members do not stay in same channel when zoning.
Mystic thrall re-engages monster after player dies. We hope to tone down this undying loyalty.
Using a controller changes the default skill direction to character direction.
Players need a “back button” to toggle the game controller's on-screen display UI off.
Players may experience a black screen when going from game to server select; a client restart will fix this.
Dynamic Veridian – This mount quest will appear twice now if you are level 11 and log into 16.03.05. You still can’t ride two horses at once unless you’re a circus performer.
Queues are displaying ordinals incorrectly. (“You are 1th} in line.”) We apologize for the 2thache.
Good to see these changes!
This may have been talked about already or maybe it's just me but, my top download speed for tera has been 12kb/s. is this normal?
Good bunch of changes there, happy to see the company having a sense of humor.
I like their style. Also I'm real happy they made it cheap enough to wage war during a 3 day beta. The little tweaks are a good indication that they will respond to problems.
Once they get the skill direction/controlle issue fixed, controller use will be perfect![]()
I would use a controller as its more natural but I never got used to aiming accurately without a mouse.
Also don't you turn slower with a controller?
No, you can turn ridiculously fast; so fast you can't humanly compensate. There's also a key map option to change your camera to view behind you or in front of you, making quick turnarounds almost instant. I won't argue a 'mouse vs controller is better' situation, but both are a viable option.
preordered from amazon yesterday and got an email with my beta code within 2 minutes. also haven't been charged for it yet. Charges when it ships.
edit: sup late to the party. was in response to ohemgee
Errr I'm confused, not sure if this was explained earlier in the thread (oh hai 91 pages), but none of the retailers on the pre-order page has the Collector's Edition listed. Haven't really been following the game that much but it looks fun and I'd like to try the beta, and I'm a huge sucker for CE's.
Edit: DERP, nevermind, found the EME store. Haha.
Edit 2: Annnnd turns out that's just for the digital CE. Am I missing something? I think I'm failing to read something. *checks site again*
Edit 3: Nothing to see here folks, just another retard who didn't look at the whole page. Move along. <_<; (found it lol)
I think out of my 947 posts you have quoted and responded to at least 700 of them, if I ever need someone to write my biography I will choose you my good sir. I applaud you on your perseverance, you are a true patriot.
Fixed the problem by disabling p2p transfer, uncapping my upload and capping my download at 12kb/s.
I'm considering cancelling my digital preorder and picking up a physical copy when it releases. Not sure why the physical is $20 more on EME's site then the digital. I wonder how much it costs in gamestop