LIKE A BOSS. they should animate silent interlude; would be epic.
LIKE A BOSS. they should animate silent interlude; would be epic.
Some members of the movie group I am a part of actually saw a screening of this movie a few weeks ago out in Orange County and most have given it really bad reviews. Also, might want to change the release date on the movie to March 29, 2013 because the studio wants to convert the movie to 3D
Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/G-I-J...-3D-31078.html
After Paramount decided to bring on Jon Chu to direct G.I. Joe: Retaliation, it was a bit strange that they announced the movie would be in 2D. After all, Chu is best known for having directed both Step Up 3D and Never Say Never, the 3D Justin Bieber concert documentary. Still, we shrugged it off because we here at Cinema Blend always prefer 2D films. But now something very strange is happening.
Deadline is reporting that G.I. Joe: Retaliation has been pushed from June 29th of this year all the way back to March 29, 2013 - a nine-month schedule shift. During that time, the sequel will be post-converted to 3D, a studio exec quoted saying. "We’re going to do a conscientious 3D job because we’ve seen how it can better box office internationally. Jim Cameron did all of Titanic‘s 3D in post – and look how well that movie turned out." In the June 29th spot, the action film had smaller competition in People Like Us, Magic Mike and Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection, but its opening was only five days before the release of The Amazing Spider-Man and one week after Pixar's Brave and Fox's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The film will now open against Stephenie Meyer's The Host and Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry's The Marriage Counselor.
What's interesting about this move is that it's not the first time Paramount has made such a radical shift this year. Back in January the studio decided to push Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters March 2, 2012 to January 11, 2013. Rumor has it that particular schedule change was due to the fact that Hansel and Gretel was a terrible movie. Let's hope the same isn't true for G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
It's a sad day indeed. Why not add to a release later on for 3D goers.
Wow that has to be the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. Whether a movie is good or bad does not change if its in 3D lol.
Nope, but it'll make a lot more money (or bomb by less). That's a really annoying delay though.
Was this a typo or is his name seriously in the title twice? That's all I got out of that quote, other then the 3d will be complete horseshit since post production 3d is 99% terrible.Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry's The Marriage Counselor.
Bad editing i think. probably "tyler perry's: the marriage counselor".
I was looking forward to this shit as well
Rumors on WWE fansites is that this was also pushed back to coincide with next year's Wrestlemania since the Rock is under contract to be there.
Stupid move IMO, was looking forward to this one, kind of dumb to wait another year-ish for it.. what, are they gonna make new trailers and show more of the movie? Or are we gonna be watching the same shit in a few months?
dumb move. lol.
Article has potential spoilers. Some speculation about real reason for delay...
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/3d-sc...year-spoilers/
Spoiler: show
Fucking lol.
Now that's fucking funny. Channing fucking Tatum becomes popular enough to force a reshoot on a big budget movie. That doesn't involve dancing. Whodathunkit.
It's ok, he gets killed in "The Bitter Pill"
Hope that shit leaks and everyone sees it a year before it's release lol.
Came in expecting massive trolling, I'm sad now![]()
I'm glad that the Duke character isnt dying. But still, what the fuck