I agree.
I agree.
It's slower, but not enough to warrant bitching. Instead of 20k/avg per leve in a max link group, you're probably looking at 15 now(note: numbers based off me doing 1 leve post patch). Difference being: max was 3 links before, and its 7 now. Solo'ers are the ones feeling it more, and I'm not going to complain about a shift towards party play.
Especially when all the sidequests give SP now, and you get a whopping 42,000SP from the R4x mission.
As a mostly solo player, I'm actually very happy about the leve changes. Instead of spending as long as you can on one leve killing shit repeatedly for the skill points before ending it (or purposely failing it), you are now better off blasting through it as quick as you can for the substantial bonus points at the end. The last day or two I've been soloing Rank-40 leves at Rank-35 and getting whatever 150 skill per mob killed with about 2700~3200 bonus at the end. That's not bad at all for the 5~10 minutes it took out of my life.
Also, yeah, the skill point rewards for main storyline quests are pretty fucking hefty. I think it makes up overall for any reductions.
I see someone saying there's still nothing to do and no content is relevant for their character... who doesn't at least have a Rank-25 melee or mage? Thousand Maws is pretty fun for such low-level content that not only rewards great mid-rank exclusive items, but also plenty of exp from easy mobs and the quest reward itself as well as oodles of company seals for even more purchasable gear. This patch has finally made me feel like there was something to do in the game for the first time.
Yep, they deserve to be fucked in the ass for playing the game in its previous and current state though.
To get a headstart indeed. Suffer you fools.
I'd say 6 more patches like this and we're good to go. AA is in, enmity revamp is in... Areas, stats/damage calculations, animations, servers and engine (UI), jobs to go. Ah, chocobos, content blahblah is a given.
Oh, I forgot that there's never going to be any more new quests.