Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1082

Thread: Fall 2011 Anime thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #281
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Most of the music (if not all) was from the game. It's a pretty convenient OST cause of how P4 is generally played.



    I hope it keeps up too, cause if P4 anime sucks I will be sad (even though I was fully expecting it to have problems). They cut out a lot of fluff from the game, and events seems to move forward a lot faster than in the game.

    Boku wa Tomodachi starts off mildly entertaining, but the more you read the more you like the characters and dynamic. To me, it's kinda like School Rumble. I hated it until I knew the characters then suddenly it was the funniest shit ever. Not saying this will be the same as SR, as I haven't even read that much of the manga (cause there isn't a lot out yet). But yeah, I'd give it 3-5 episodes and if you aren't feeling it then drop it. The love triangle thing isn't really a thing in the manga. At least the main focus isn't where every girl is pining after a single dick.
    Oh man, I loved School Rumble. I'm going to go download Boku Wa.

  2. #282
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Err, don't take what I said as Boku wa = SR, I was mostly just pointing out how I had to learn about the characters and stick with them in order to really like the show and the comedy.

  3. #283
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Ah alright. I'll still give it a watch anyway.

  4. #284
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    BTS has the same character design style as Denpa Onna, which I liked a lot and hoped would show up in another show. And voila! It makes the girls look so pretty. BTS ep1 was fucking hilarious imo, the jokes/situations were actually funny and although it has fanservice, it does the more bearable kind of fanservice (vs that shit C3 was doing, can't explain the difference well though). I am also anxiously awaiting ep 2. (also, was that Shakugan no Shana on the TV?)

    C3 ep1 was awful but I can see how it might get darker. I feel like it might go the way of really uninteresting/cliche dark though. Comparing it to 'how Madoka got dark' isn't really fair because Madoka was a deconstruction/parody of a genre and went really far, which made its darkness surprising, whereas C3 looks like it's going to be the same old tsundere/childhood friend shit and its 'darker' is going to be the normal 'pursuit/kidnapping and exploitation of the human weapon' stuff. Not exactly the most thrilling concept ever, but it's a safe concept. The fanservice aspect is the most trite bit and makes me gag (although watching it at OSU anime club makes it more bearable since each gratuitious panty shot is met with hysterical laughter from 30+ people).

  5. #285
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,001
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Gonna go ahead and 2nd everything that's been said about BTS definitely found another show to watch this season.

  6. #286
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Fate/Zero Ep2

    Incredible episode this week; great direction, really good sense of atmosphere, solid plot etc. This show just keeps nailing it in every episode. also I hope the death scene will be included as an uncensored extra in the BD-Box set(totally buying it with Shana Season 3 BD).
    Spoiler: show




    ^
    this scene gave me chills to my bones.

    C3 Ep2
    First half was god awful and boring. while second half was very entertaining with action and crazy faces.


    Shakugan no Shana III Final Ep 1

    Definitely a heavy episode in terms of story development and content. I'm really happy they just dived us back into the story than some original BS story. also it's great to see all my favorite characters back and the new characters tease in the intro.


  7. #287
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
    Out of curiosity for Ulmega, Gulky, and Zilong: How quickly does the comedy pick up and how important is the romance/love triangle/harem aspect?
    I'm sure everyone here knows what I mostly watch anime for



    That's a great "You gonna get raped" face O_o

  8. #288
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Watched Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and, while it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, it's still something I'm not going to enjoy. Like the art and animation and, surprisingly, the story is interesting (originally why I was interested in the series) but it's not a genre I enjoy. Out of curiosity for Ulmega, Gulky, and Zilong: How quickly does the comedy pick up and how important is the romance/love triangle/harem aspect?
    The comedy should start picking up starting next episode, and the romance aspect isn't really important, but will be a factor later on. I'd say just wait until the rest of the cast is introduced before deciding on anything, but I'm just saying that because I fucking love Rika

  9. #289
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6

    What subs are people using for for Fate/Zero? I was using [pp] because they had a DDL link on nyaatorrents that's faster than any of the torrents.

  10. #290
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Boku wa Tomodachi starts off mildly entertaining, but the more you read the more you like the characters and dynamic. To me, it's kinda like School Rumble. I hated it until I knew the characters then suddenly it was the funniest shit ever. Not saying this will be the same as SR, as I haven't even read that much of the manga (cause there isn't a lot out yet). But yeah, I'd give it 3-5 episodes and if you aren't feeling it then drop it. The love triangle thing isn't really a thing in the manga. At least the main focus isn't where every girl is pining after a single dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    The comedy should start picking up starting next episode, and the romance aspect isn't really important, but will be a factor later on. I'd say just wait until the rest of the cast is introduced before deciding on anything, but I'm just saying that because I fucking love Rika
    Okay, I'll keep it around for another episode or so, mainly dependent on the comedy in the next episode. I realize I'm going to sound like an elitist prick when I say this (and it's because I am) but I didn't find that first episode funny at all. Smiled a few times and laughed once but boob jokes and otaku humor are not strong selling points for me. And yes, I'm also a hypocryte because I really some of the jokes in Lucky Star. I guess it's all in the delivery.


  11. #291
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I hate Lucky Star, but I like Boku wa Tomodachi, in the end people like what they like lol. I would give it a few more episodes before dropping it though.

  12. #292
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,001
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I've always wondered do people who hate on Lucky Star K-ON etc hate the moe blob or the just the four panel genre itself?

  13. #293
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I just hate Lucky Star. I like K-On! so I dunno what to tell you.

  14. #294
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,054
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    What subs are people using for for Fate/Zero? I was using [pp] because they had a DDL link on nyaatorrents that's faster than any of the torrents.
    I'm using UTW, was very happy with how they did on ep1.
    I used them before for B Gata H Kei, and the work was very solid.

  15. #295
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,558
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I know quite a few people that watched Fate/Stay Night in anime form only and know nothing else of the plot, they're about to get a reality check on how much darker this is overall.

    I hope C3 isn't majority-terrible like it has been so far. It has a ton of potential, but hey, so did Dragon Crisis.

    Ugh, I didn't want to have to bring that one up.

  16. #296
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Should play fate/stay night the "game"


  17. #297
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,054
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I know quite a few people that watched Fate/Stay Night in anime form only and know nothing else of the plot, they're about to get a reality check on how much darker this is overall.
    Goddamn Heaven's Feel

  18. #298
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,001
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    C3 will probley be this seasons Blood C.

    Started reading BTH manga and now I can't wait for new episodes.

    Spoiler: show
    The monster hunter chapter had me rolling.

  19. #299
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    The Tokimemo parody was pretty hilarious too

  20. #300
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,558
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Goddamn Heaven's Feel
    Is, allegedly, going to get some sort of anime adaption eventually.

    At least, that's what they said after the UBW movie.

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winter 2011/2012 Anime thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 2012-04-01, 11:52
  2. Summer 2011 Anime Thread
    By Ragns in forum Anime
    Replies: 521
    Last Post: 2011-10-17, 18:57
  3. Spring 2011 Anime Thread
    By Avvesione in forum Anime
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 2011-06-28, 22:51
  4. Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]
    By Senoska in forum Anime
    Replies: 15534
    Last Post: 2011-05-22, 14:04
  5. HD Anime thread
    By kareface in forum Anime
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2009-09-23, 23:25