Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1082

Thread: Fall 2011 Anime thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #901
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    So I just started watching Ben-to and while the whole premise is just wtf, the show is actually pretty entertaining.

  2. #902
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    So I just started watching Ben-to and while the whole premise is just wtf, the show is actually pretty entertaining.
    And no one knows why. Shit's good, but it certainly isn't something I saw myself enjoying.

  3. #903
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    There's just something so wrong and yet so right about watching people kick the shit out of each other for half price bento boxes.

  4. #904
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Yeah, that sort of concept is something I expected to be awful... and it kinda is... but whatever.

    Kinda agree about Persona, this episode felt really low budget. While it doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the show, it's really obvious the cuts that are being taken. Hopefully it doesn't last, because bad animation is the only thing that will let this show down if everything else keeps the same.

  5. #905
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    There's just something so wrong and yet so right about watching people kick the shit out of each other for half price bento boxes.
    my campus' cafeteria give discount to bento near closing time, and I find myself disappointed that I didn't need to beat the shit out of anyone in order to get to them :/

  6. #906
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    my campus' cafeteria give discount to bento near closing time, and I find myself disappointed that I didn't need to beat the shit out of anyone in order to get to them :/
    Your school is doing it wrong then.

  7. #907
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,521
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Ben-To is the most fun show to me this year. Not the best obviously, but I anticipate it maybe the second most out of any show this season.

  8. #908
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    After the opening, the scene with the 5 of them at the table talking with nothing but their mouths moving was what caught my eye. No head turning, barely any reaction faces, only the lips moving and that was it. That particular scene bothered me, but I didn't really notice the rest of the episode. I'm about to rewatch it
    No head turning, no reactions, only lips moving? Maybe everyone decided to act like Yuu for that scene and it was animated beautifully?

    Nah, that scene was awful, especially when Chie reacted but to save time/budget they just cut to a shot of Yuu and Yukiko. That was bad. I'm guessing they'll reanimate the whole scene for BD/DVD and make it look much better.

  9. #909
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
    No head turning, no reactions, only lips moving? Maybe everyone decided to act like Yuu for that scene and it was animated beautifully?

    Nah, that scene was awful, especially when Chie reacted but to save time/budget they just cut to a shot of Yuu and Yukiko. That was bad. I'm guessing they'll reanimate the whole scene for BD/DVD and make it look much better.
    I would hope so, for the fan's sake anyway. I gotta say though, the scene where Yukiko corrects Chie for shouting Jiraiya, and then proceeds to have a private conversation with herself in the background, ending in a fit of laughter made me laugh quite a bit, lol

  10. #910
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Penguindrum was amazing this week.. there is so many things that I didn't see coming. The soundtrack in this episode was also top notch.

  11. #911
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Penguindrum was amazing this week..so many thing I didn't see coming. The soundtrack in this episode was also top notch.
    I feel like for the first time this week, I kinda understand what's going on in Penguindrum, and I fucking love it. All that confusion over the last 20 episodes were worth it. I can't wait to see where this goes.

    Only 5 more episodes left?

  12. #912
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Only 5 more episodes left?
    I wish. Only 3 episodes remain. It's a 24 episode anime.

    But yeah, this was probably the best Penguindrum yet. Glad it's finally building toward a finale since the previous 20 episodes lacked a clear and defined direction. You can finally start to piece things together now that we're getting some straight facts.

    UN-Go was brilliant this week and it's starting to gear toward a finale, too. I'm guessing these last three episodes in UN-Go will wrap up the series with a blast. But this episode with the three actresses was thrilling and the mystery was presented in a way that you could follow along and figure it out yourself. I like how it can still keep its comedy in place during dramatic scenes, too, and how the characters interact with each other (like Kazamori to Yuuki with those shocks).

    Persona 4 is still great but the animation really was a distraction this episode. I'm guessing they'll go back and reanimate most of it before BD/DVD because that was terrible quality. Story, sound, and characters are still great though, which is nice, and I'm looking forward to some fights in the next episode.

  13. #913
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Working Season 2 Ep 10

    I find it funny how Takanashi is more moe than the girls.



    Fate/Zero Ep 10


    ^

  14. #914
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Unicorn EP4 has been out for a while right? Just no sub? What's the hold up? Also, ETA on Basara movie being released?

  15. #915
    GRT
    GRT is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,272
    BG Level
    7

    FZ rin episode, not bad for an original episode, but had hoped to see more people from FSN :\

  16. #916
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Unicorn EP4 has been out for a while right? Just no sub? What's the hold up? Also, ETA on Basara movie being released?
    There is a release actually, and it as a bunch of subs with it instead of just Eng

    http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=260321

  17. #917
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    There is a release actually, and it as a bunch of subs with it instead of just Eng

    http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=260321
    Awesome, thanks a bunch

  18. #918
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    That's pretty crazy, but FZ 10 was the first episode to make me realize Kajiura is making musing for the show. Feels bad :< I must be getting old or something... Usually I pinpoint that 10 seconds info the first piece from her D;

  19. #919
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Week 9 Anime Review:

    http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2011/...-anime-review/

    Kinda forgot about Ika Musume the past few weeks I put it here now, for the time being.

    Also, this week might've had my favorite Chihayafuru, UN-Go, and Penguindrum. All episodes were so fucking awesome, I can't wait to see what they do next. Sad that UN-Go and Penguindrum are going to be ending in a couple weeks since those are my 2 favorites this season. Glad Chihayafuru and Mirai Nikki will continue into the winter season.

  20. #920
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I'm looking forward to Mirai Nikki simply because it's around this point I stopped reading the manga because there wasn't any more translated. That was a long ass time ago too.

    I also forgot about Ika Musume and Working too, guess they can wait for the end of the season though.

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winter 2011/2012 Anime thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 2012-04-01, 11:52
  2. Summer 2011 Anime Thread
    By Ragns in forum Anime
    Replies: 521
    Last Post: 2011-10-17, 18:57
  3. Spring 2011 Anime Thread
    By Avvesione in forum Anime
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 2011-06-28, 22:51
  4. Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]
    By Senoska in forum Anime
    Replies: 15534
    Last Post: 2011-05-22, 14:04
  5. HD Anime thread
    By kareface in forum Anime
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2009-09-23, 23:25